- Volume 29 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
A Study on Dynamic Modeling for Underwater Tracked Vehicle
트랙기반 수중건설로봇의 운동 모델링에 관한 연구
- Received : 2015.07.16
- Accepted : 2015.10.22
- Published : 2015.10.31
The mobility of tracked vehicles is mainly influenced by the interaction between the tracks and soil. When the track of a tracked vehicle rotates, there will be a slip effect between the track and the soil, which creates a track shear force and the vehicle’s driving force. In this paper, the modeling of a working tool such as a trenching cutter and a tracked vehicle that is the lower frame of a track-based operating robot was performed. In addition, a numerical simulation was executed to verify the performance of the design objectives and the motion characteristics of the combined system.
Tracked vehicle;Trencher;Track slip;Shear force;Dynamic modeling
- Lee, Y.J., Choi, D.H., Ji, D.H., Mai, T.V., Choi, H.S., Kim, J.Y., 2015. Dynamic Modeling and Simulation for Tracked Vehicle Dynamic Behavior Analysis. Proceedings of Korea Unmanned Underwater Vehicle, Daejeon Korea, 84-87.
- Malcolm, M., 1978. Mechanics of Cutting and Boring, Cold Regions Research and Engineering Laboratory, CRREL Report, 78-11.
- Murakami, H., Watanebe, K., Kitano, M., 1992. A Mathematical Model for Spatial Motion of Tracked Vehicles on Soft Ground. Journal of Terramechanics, 29, 71-81. https://doi.org/10.1016/0022-4898(92)90015-C
- Wong, J.Y, 1993. Theory of Ground Vehicles. 2th Edition, John Wiley & Sons, New York.
- Yeu, T.K., Park, S.J., Choi, J.S., Hong, S., Kim, H.W., Won, M.C., 2007. An Experimental Study on Relationship of Tractive Force to Slip for Tracked Vehicle on Deep-sea Soft Sediment. Journal of Ocean Engineering and Technology, 21(1), 75-80.
- Baladi, G.Y., Rohani, B., 1979. A Terrain-vehicle Interaction Model for Analysis of Steering Performance of Track-laying Vehicles. U. S. Army Engineer Waterways Experiment Station, Technical Report of GL-79-6.
- Kim, H.W., Hong, S., Choi, J.S., 2004. A Study on Dynamic Response of Tracked Vehicle on Extremely Soft Cohesive Soil. Journal of Ocean and Polar Research, 26(2), 323-332. https://doi.org/10.4217/OPR.2004.26.2.323
- Le, A.T., Rye, D.C., Durrant-Whyte, H.F., 1997. Estimation of Track-soil Interactions for Autonomous Tracked Vehicles. Proceedings of International Conference on Robotics and Automation Albuquerque, New Mexico, 1388-1393.