- Volume 29 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Estimation of Friction-torque to Improve Accuracy of Estimated Contact-force for a Walking Robot
접촉력 추정 정확도 향상을 위한 보행로봇의 마찰 토크 추정
Lee, Jonghwa;Kang, Hangoo;Lee, Jihong;Jun, Bong-Huan
- Received : 2015.07.28
- Accepted : 2015.10.28
- Published : 2015.10.31
This paper introduces a method to estimate the contact-force of the leg of a walking robot and proposes a solution to a shortcoming of the previous study. This shortcoming was the deteriorating performance when estimating the contact-force whenever the rotation of each joint was reversed. It occurred because the friction-torque of each joint was not considered. In order to solve this problem, a friction-torque model for a robot leg was developed based on repetitive experimentation and used to improve the contact-force estimation performance. We verified the performance of the proposed method experimentally.
Force estimation;Friction-torque;Walking robot;CRABSTER;Manipulator
- Lee, J.H., Jeon, S.G., Lee, J.H., 2014. 3-dimensional Force Estimation for a Robot Leg with Single-axial Force and Motor Current. Proceedings of Institute of Control Robotics and Systems, Daejeon, Korea, 153-155.
- Park, J.H., 2001. Impedance Control for Biped Robot Locomotion. Robotics and Automation. IEEE Transactions on, 17(6), 870-882. https://doi.org/10.1109/70.976014
- Phong, L.D., Choi, J.H., Kang, S.C., 2012. External Force Estimation using Joint Torque Sensors for a Robot Manipulator. Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation, Minnesota USA, 4507-4512.
- Stolt, A., Linderoth, M., Robersson, A., Johansson, R., 2012. Force Controlled Robotic Assembly without a Force Sensor. Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation, Minnesota USA, 1538-1543.
- Walas, K., 2013a. Tactile Sensing for Ground Classification. Journal of Automation Mobile Robotics and Intelligent Systems, 7(2), 18-23.
- Walas, K., 2013b. Hardware Implementation of Ground Classification for a Walking Robot. Proceedings of 9th International Workshop on Robot Motion and Control, Wasowo Poland, 110-115.
- Walas, K., 2015. Terrain Classification and Negotiation with a Walking Robot. Journal of Intelligent and Robotic Systems, 78(3-4), 401-423. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10846-014-0067-0
- Yi, S., 2013. Stable Walking of Qauadruped Robot by Impedance Control for Body Motion. International Journal of Control and Automation, 6(2), 99-110.
- Aksman, L.M., Carignan, C.R., Akin, D.L., 2007. Force Estimation Based Compliance Control of Harmonically Driven Manipulators. Proceedings of the IEEE international conference on robotics and Automation, Roma Italy, 4208-4213.
- Arevalo, J.C., Garcia, E., 2012. Impedance Control for Legged Robots: An Insight into the Concepts Involved. Systems, Man, and Cybernetics, Part C: Applications and Reviews, IEEE Transactions on, 42(6), 1400-1411. https://doi.org/10.1109/TSMCC.2012.2187190
- Helmick, D., Okon, A., DiCicco, M., 2006. A Comparison of Force Sensing Techniques for Planetary Manipulation. Proceedings of the IEEE Aerospace Conference.
- Hoepflinger, M.A., Remy, C.D., Hutter, M., Spinello, L., Siegwart, R., 2010. Haptic Terrain Classifiaction for Legged Robots. Proceedings of IEEE International Conference Robotics and Automation, Anchorage AK, 2828-2833.