- Volume 25 Issue 10
Surface acoustic wave(SAW) device is used for transporting and patterning micro-scale particles such as cells. In this research, velocity of particles was investigated moved by SAW device with two types of interdigital electrode transducers(IDTs) under various conditions. SAW devices which have single IDTs and double IDTs were designed and fabricated. On the previous studies, resultant velocities of particles were predicted considering output power and power ratio between IDTs-shape. For more accurate prediction, power loss in SAW device and a power difference between two types of IDTs-shape were considered. Maximum error between the test results and predicted values was 5 % so the power loss must be considered in the velocity prediction of the particles.
- Lenshof, A. and Laurell, T., 2010, Continuous Separation of Cells and Particles in Microfluidic Systems, Chemical Society Reviews, Vol. 39, No. 3, pp. 1203~1217. https://doi.org/10.1039/b915999c
- Ding, X., Lin, S. S., Kiraly, B., Yue, H. J., Li, S. X., Chiang, I., Shi, J. J., Benkovic, S. J. and Huang, T. J., 2012, On-chip Manipulation of Single Microparticles, Cells, and Organisms using Surface Acoustic Waves, Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, Vol. 109, No. 28, pp. 11105~11109. https://doi.org/10.1073/pnas.1209288109
- Hahimoto, K.-Y., 2000, Surface Acoustic Wave Devices in Telecommunications, Berlin etc.; Springer, Telecommunications. Springer Verlag.
- Morgan, D. P., 1991, Surface-wave Devices for Signal Processing, ELSEVIER.
- Shi, J. J., Ahmed, D., Mao, X., Lin, S. S., Lewita, A. and Huang, T. J., 2009, Acoustic Tweezers: Patterning Cells and Microparicles using Standing Surface Acoustic Waves, Lab on a Chip, 9, pp. 2890~2895. https://doi.org/10.1039/b910595f
- Subramanian, H., Varadan, V. K., Varadan, V. V. and Vellekoop, M. J., 1997, Design and Fabrication of Wireless Remotely Readable MEMS based Microaccelerometers, Smart Materials and Structures, Vol. 6, No. 6, pp. 730~738. https://doi.org/10.1088/0964-1726/6/6/010
- Schmid, L., Wixforth, A., Weitz, D. A. and Franke, T., 2012, Novel Surface Acoustic Wave (SAW)-driven Closed PDMS Flow Chamber, Microfluid Nanofluid, Vol. 12, No. 1-4, pp. 229~235. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10404-011-0867-5
- Kim, J.-G., Lee, T.-J., Lim, S.-C., Park, N.-C., Park, Y.-P. and Park, K.-S., 2010, Design of Capacitive Displacment Sensor and Gap Measurement with High Precision Using Surface Acoustic Wave Device, Transactions of the Korean Society for Noise and Vibration Engineering, Vol. 20, No. 5, pp. 437~443. https://doi.org/10.5050/KSNVE.2010.20.5.437
- Snezhko, A. and Aranson, I. S., 2011, Magnetic Manipulation of Self-assembled Colloidal Asters, Natural Material, Vol. 10, No. 9, pp. 698~703. https://doi.org/10.1038/nmat3083
- Manosas, M., Spiering, M., Zhuang, Z., Benkovic, S. J. and Croquette, V., 2009, Coupling DNA Unwinding Activity with Primer Synthesis in the Bacteriophage T4 Primosome, Nat Chemical Biology, Vol. 5, No. 12, pp. 904~912. https://doi.org/10.1038/nchembio.236
- Khademhosseini, A., May, M. H. and Sefton, M. V., 2005, Conformal Coating of Mammalian Cells Immobilized Onto Magnetically Driven Beads, Tissue Engineering, Vol. 11, No. 11-12, pp. 1797~1806. https://doi.org/10.1089/ten.2005.11.1797
- Friend, J., and Yeo, L., 2011, Microscale Acoustofluidics: Microfluidics Driven via Acoustics and Ultrasonics, Reviews of Modern Physics, Vol. 83, No. 2, pp. 647~704. https://doi.org/10.1103/RevModPhys.83.647