- Volume 19 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
Study On The MAC Schedule Technique for WPAN system to alleviate the impact of interference in the presence of WLAN system
WPAN시스템에 미치는 WLAN 시스템의 간섭신호 경감을 위한 MAC schedule 기법에 관한 연구
- Received : 2015.08.31
- Accepted : 2015.09.30
- Published : 2015.10.31
This paper describes packet scheduling techniques that can be used to alleviate the impact of interference. The mechanism is consisted of interference estimation and master delay police. Proposed scheduling police is effective in reducing packet loss and delay. Another advantage worth mentioning, are the additional saving s in the transmitter power since packet are not transmitted when channel is bad. This paper gives that scheduling policy works only with data traffic since voice packets need to be sent at fixed intervals. However, if the delay variance is constant and the delay can be limited to a slot, it may be worthwhile to use DM packet for voice.
mac;ISM;Frequency hopping;SCO;ACL;ARQ;Packet switching
- Howitt, "Bluetooth performance in the presence of 802.11b WLAN," Journal of selected Areas of Communications, 2001.
- IEEE 802.11n, "Part 11: Wireless LAN Medium Access Control (MAC) and Physical Layer (PHY) specifications : Amendment 4: Enhancements for Higher Throughput", IEEE 802.11n/D3.00, Sep. 2007.
- IEEE, "IEEE standard for wireless LAN medium access control and physical layer specifications," IEEE Std 802. 11-1997, 1997.
- B. SIG, "Specification of the Bluetooth System,"Doc No. 1.C.47/1.0 B, 1/12/99 1999.
- Papoulis, A, Probability, Random Variables, and Stochastic processes, McGraw-Hill, NY, 1965.
- C. L. Weber, G. K.Huth, and B. H. Batson, "Performance considerations of code division multiple-access systems," IEEE trans. on Vechicul. Technol., vol VT-30 pp.-9 FEB. 1981.