- Volume 19 Issue 10
In this paper, the Walsh coded orthogonal training signals for 4 × 4 multiple input multiple output-orthogonal frequency division multiplexing (MIMO-OFDM) systems are designed and the channel estimation equations are derived as a closed form, taking account of the inter training signal interference problems caused by the multi-path delayed signals. The performances of the proposed channel estimation method are analyzed and compared with the conventional methods
MIMO-OFDM;Channel estimation;Orthogonal training signal;Time domain channel estimation
- Roman, T.; Enescu, M.; Koivunen, V. "Time-domain method for tracking dispersive channels in MIMO-OFDM systems," ICASSP '03, Volume 4, pp. 393-396 April 2003.
- J. Terry and J. Heiskala, OFDM Wireless LANs : A Theoretical and Practical Guide, Sams Publishing, 2002.
- Y. (G.) Li, N.Seshadri, and S. Ariy avisitakul, “Channel estimation for OFDM systems with transmitter diversity in mobile wireless channels, "IEEE J. Selected Areas on Communications, Vol.17,pp.461-471, March 1999. https://doi.org/10.1109/49.753731
- Y. (G.) Li, “Simplified channel estimation for OFDM systems with transmit antenna,” IEEE Trans. Comm., Vol. 1, pp. 67-75, Jan. 2002.
- H. Minn, and D. I. Kim, and V. K. Bhargava, “A reduced complexity channel estimation for OFDM systems with Transmit diversity in mobile wireless channels,” IEEE Transactions on Comm., Vol. 50, No. 5, pp. 799-807, May 2002. https://doi.org/10.1109/TCOMM.2002.1006561
- H. Minnand N. Al-Dhahir, “Optimal training signals for MIMO-OFDM channel estimation,” Globecom 2004, pp.219- 224, Nov. 2004.
- Hyoung-Goo Jeon and Erchin Serpedin, "A novel simplified channel tracking method for MIMO-OFDM systems with null sub-carriers", Signal Processing Volume 88, Issue 4, pp. 1002-1016, April 2008. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.sigpro.2007.10.017
- Hyoung-Goo Jeon, Hyoung-Kyu Song, and Erchin Serpedin, "Walsh coded Training signal Aided Time domain Channel Estimation for MIMO-OFDM systems, " IEEE Transaction on communications, Vol. 56, No. 9, pp.1430-1433, Sept. 2008. H.G. Jeon, "A Channel Estimation Method by Orthogonalizing of the Time Domain Training Signal in MIMO-OFDM Systems," The Journal of KIICE, Vol. 17, No. 12, pp. 2818-2825, Dec. 2013 https://doi.org/10.1109/TCOMM.2008.060402
- G. J. Foschini, "Layered space-time architecture for wireless communication in a fading environment using multiple antennas," Bell Labs Technical Journal, Vol.1,No.2, pp.41-59, Autumn 1996. https://doi.org/10.1002/bltj.2015
- S. H. Muller and J. B. Huber, "A comparison of peak power reduction schemes for OFDM," Global Telecommunications conference, Vol. 1, pp. 1-5, Nov. 1997.
- H.G. Jeon, "A Channel Estimation Method by Orthogonalizing of the Time Domain Training Signal in MIMO-OFDM Systems," The Journal of KIICE, Vol. 17, No. 12, pp. 2818-2825, Dec. 2013.
- S.S. Hwang, "Channel Estimation Based on LMS Algorithm for MIMO-OFDM System," The Journal of KIECS, Vol. 7, No. 6, pp. 1455-1461, Dec. 2012.
- H. Hara and R. Prasad, Simulation and Software Radio for Mobile Communications, Artech House, 2002.
- Y. Teng, K. Mori, and H. Kobayashi, "Performance of DCT Interpolation based Channel Estimation for MIMO-OFDM systems," in Proc. ISCIT2004, Vol. 2, pp. 622-627, Oct. 2004.
- H.G. Jeon, "A Channel Estimation Method by Orthogonalizing of the Time Domain Training Signal in MIMO-OFDM Systems," The Journal of KIICE, Vol. 17, No. 12, pp. 2818-2825, Dec. 2013