- Volume 19 Issue 10
In accordance with development of many smart phone applications, the importance of keypad that can be used in smart phone has been increasing. In this paper, we design the Hangul smart phone keypad to type a Hangeul characters more efficiently by considering the characteristics of the Hangul characters based on the existing research on smart phones keypad. The proposed keypad in this paper, when we placed the letters on the keyboard, minimizes the travel distance by using the frequency of characters and the associated frequency between vowel and consonant. In addition, we define an assessment model for evaluating the performance of the keypad and verify efficiency of the proposed keypad. According to the result of the experiment, the proposed keypad is more efficient than other keypads.
- Junghwa Lee, "Hangeul Keypad for Smart Phones Using Gesture", International Journal of KIICE, Vol. 9, No. 6, pp. 706-711, 2011.
- Wan-pyo Hong, "An Analysis on the Korean Language for Optimum Transmission of Hangul Code", JKIECS, Vol.10. No.1. pp. 33-38, 2015.
- K. Kim and B. Y. Jeong, "Classification of Korean Characters a d Frequency of Continual Characters", Journal of the Ergonomics Society ofKorea, Vol.21. No.2. pp. 1-11. 2002. https://doi.org/10.5143/JESK.2002.21.2.001
- H. K. Kim, B. M. Kang, "Analysis of Frequency of Hangeul", Research Institute of Korean Studies, Korea Univ., 1997.
- MacKenzie, I.S., "Fitts' law as a research and design tool in human-computer interaction", Human-Computer Interaction, Vol. 7, pp.91-139, 1992. https://doi.org/10.1207/s15327051hci0701_3
- MacKenzie, I. S., Buxton, W., "Extending Fitts' law to two-diemensional tasks", Proc. of the CHI92, pp.219-226, 1992.
- H. S. Kim, J. W. Jeon, T. J. Park and Y. C. Choy, "Text Entry Methods for Inputting Korean Characters for Smart Phones using Touch-screen Interface", Journal of KIISE, Vol. 17, No.10, pp. 555-558, 2009.
- Martin Klima, Vaclav Slovacek, "Vector Keyboard for Touch Screen Devices", HCII 2009, LNCS 5627, pp. 250-256, 2009.
- Junghwa Lee, "Performance Analysis of Korean Smartphone Keypad", Journal of DCIT", Vol.23, pp. 85-91, 2013.
- Ho Sik Kim, "Text Entry Methods for Inputting Korean Characters for Smart Phones using Touch-screen Interface", Journal of KIISE, Vol. 17, No. 10, 2011.