- Volume 19 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
Development of FPGA-based Meteorological Information Data Receiver Circuit for Low-Cost Meteorological Information Receiver System for COMS
보급형 천리안 위성 기상정보 수신시스템을 위한 FPGA 기반 기상정보 데이터 수신회로 개발
- Received : 2015.07.10
- Accepted : 2015.08.11
- Published : 2015.10.31
COMS(Communication, Ocean and Meteorological Satellite), the first Korean geostationary meteorological satellite, provides free meteorological information through HRIT/LRIT(High/Low Rate Information Transmission) service. This work presents the development of data receiver circuit that is essential to the implementation of a low-cost meteorological information receiver system. The data receiver circuit processes the data units according to the specification of physical layer and data link layer of HRIT/LRIT service. For this purpose, the circuit consists of a Viterbi decoder, a sync. word detector, a derandomizer, a Reed-Solomon decoder and so on. The circuit also supports PCI express interface to pass the information data on to the host PC. The circuit was implemented on an FPGA(field programmable gate array) and its function was verified through simulations and hardware implementation.
COMS;meteorological information receiver system;HRIT;LRIT;FPGA
- J. G. Proakis, Digital Communications, 4th ed. New York, NY: McGraw-Hill, 2001.
- ARM, AMBA AXI4-Stream Protocol 1.0, 2010.
- Xilinx Kintex-7 FPGA, Available: http://www.xilinx.com/products/silicon-devices/fpga/kintex-7.html
- Humedia Co. Ltd., http://www.humd.co.kr
- PCI-SIG, PCI Express Base Specification Revision 2.1, 2009.
- Korea Meteorological Administration, COMS HRIT Mission Specific Implementation, 2010.
- Korea Meteorological Administration, COMS LRIT Mission Specific Implementation, 2010.
- The Consultative Committee for Space Data Systems, http://www.ccsds.org
- The Consultative Committee for Space Data Systems, TM synchronization and channel coding, 2011.
- Coordination Group for Meteorological Satellites, LRIT/HRIT Global Specification, 1999.
- R. H. Morelos-Zaragoza, The Art of Error Correcting Coding, John Wiley & Sons, 2001.
- A.-S. Suh, “Technology Trend of COMS-Meteorological Payloads,” Korean Institute of Electromagnetic Engineering and Science, vol. 22, no. 3, pp. 42-49, May 2011.
- National Meteorological Satellite Center. Communication, Ocean and Meteorological Satellite(COMS), Available: http://nmsc.kma.go.kr/html/homepage/ko/chollian/choll_info.do