- Volume 19 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
A Hardware Implementation of EGML-based Moving Object Detection Algorithm
EGML 기반 이동 객체 검출 알고리듬의 하드웨어 구현
- Received : 2015.07.28
- Accepted : 2015.10.05
- Published : 2015.10.31
A hardware implementation of MOD(moving object detection) algorithm using EGML(effective Gaussian mixture learning)- based background subtraction to detect moving objects in video is described. Some approximations of EGML calculations are applied to reduce hardware complexity, and pipelining technique is adopted to improve operating speed. The MOD processor designed in Verilog-HDL has been verified by FPGA-in-the-loop verification using MATLAB/Simulink. The MOD processor has 2,218 slices on the Virtex5-XC5VSX95T FPGA device and its throughput is 102 MSamples/s at 102 MHz clock frequency. Evaluation results of the MOD processor for 12 images in the IEEE CDW-2012 dataset show that the average recall value is 0.7631, the average precision value is 0.7778 and the average F-measure value is 0.7535.
moving object detection;MOD;background subtraction;gaussian mixture model;EGML
- M. Hofmann, P. Tiefenbacher, and G. Rigoll. Background segmentation with feedback: The pixel-based adaptive segmenter, In IEEE Computer Society Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition Workshops (CVPRW), pp. 38-43, 2012.
- M. Piccardi, "Background subtraction techniques: A review," in Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. Syst., Man Cybern., The Hague, The Netherlands, vol. 4, pp. 3099-3104, Oct. 2004.
- Y. Benezeth, P.-M. Jodoin, B. Emile, H. Laurent, and C. Rosenberger, "Comparative study of background subtraction algorithms," Journal of Electronic Imaging, Vol. 19, No. 3, pp. 1-12, 2010.
- R. Rodriguez-Gomez, E. J. Fernandez-Sanchez, J. Diaz, and E. Ros, "FPGA implementation for real-time background subtraction based on horprasert model," Sensors, vol. 12, no. 1, pp. 585-611, Jan. 2012. https://doi.org/10.3390/s120100585
- D. Lee, "Effective Gaussian mixture learning for video background subtraction," IEEE Trans. Pattern Anal. Mach. Intell., vol. 27, no. 5, pp. 827-832, May 2005. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPAMI.2005.102
- C. Stauffer and E. Grimson, "Adaptive background mixture models for real-time tracking," in Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. Comput. Vis. Pattern Recognit., Ft. Collins, CO, vol. 2, pp. 246-252, Jun. 1999.
- M.V. Droogenbroeck, O. Paquot, Background subtraction: experiments and improvements for vibe, in IEEE Computer Society Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition Workshops (CVPRW), pp. 32-37, 2012.
- Z. Zivkovic, "Improved adaptive gaussian mixture model for background subtraction," in Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. Pattern Recognition, Cambridge, U.K., vol. 2, pp. 28-31, Aug. 2004.
- A. Elgammal, R. Duraiswami, D. Harwood, and L. Davis, "Background and foreground modeling using nonparametric kernel density estimation for visual surveillance," Proc. IEEE, vol. 90, no. 7, pp. 1151-1163, Jul. 2002. https://doi.org/10.1109/JPROC.2002.801448
- M. K. Chowdary, S. S. Babu and H. Khan, "FPGA Implementation of Moving Object Detection in Frames by Using Background Subtraction Algorithm," in Proceedings of the International conference on Communication and Signal Processing (ICCSP), Melmaruvathur, Tamilnadu, India, pp. 1032-1036, 2013.
- N. Goyette. P. Jodoin, F. Porikli, J. Konrad and P. Ishwar. "Changedetection.net: A new change detection benchmark dataset," Proc. IEEE Conf. Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition Workshops, pp. 16-21. 2012.
Grant : 사물인터넷 기반 영상보안용 초저전력 SoC 핵심 IP 기술 개발