- Volume 19 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
Efficient Inverter Type Compressor System using the Distribution of the Air Flow Rate
공기 변화량 분포를 이용한 효율적인 인버터타입 압축기 시스템
Shim, JaeRyong;Kim, Yong-Chul;Noh, Young-Bin;Jung, Hoe-kyung
- Received : 2015.09.08
- Accepted : 2015.10.05
- Published : 2015.10.31
Air compressor, as an essential equipment used in the factory and plant operations, accounts for around 30% of the total electricity consumption in U.S.A, thereby being proposed advanced technologies to reduce electricity consumption. When the fluctuation of the compressed airflow rate is small, the system stability is increased followed by the reduction of the electricity consumption which results in the efficient design of the energy system. In the statistical analysis, the normal distribution, log normal distribution, gamma distribution or the like are generally used to identify system characteristics. However a single distribution may not fit well the data with long tail, representing sudden air flow rate especially in extremes. In this paper, authors decouple the compressed airflow rate into two parts to present a mixture of distribution function and suggest a method to reduce the electricity consumption. This reduction stems from the fact that a general pareto distribution estimates more accurate quantile value than a gaussian distribution when an airflow rate exceeds over a large number.
Data quality diagnosis;Business Rules;R&D;Research Cards;Detect unusual trading
- G. Quartarone, N. Anglani, and S. Riverso, "Model Predictive Control: first application of a novel control strategy for adjustable speed drive compressors," in Industrial Electronics Society, IECON 2013 - 39th Annual Conference of the IEEE, pp. 7892-7896, 2013.
- O. K. Kwon, “The characteristic and reduction factor of Air compressor,” Atlas Copco Presentation Paper for Energy Diagnostic Company, Aug. 2006.
- Wo-Chiang Lee, "Modeling Large Claims in Non-Life Insurance-Evidence from Automobile Physical Damage," in Conference on Behavioral Finance & Emerging Markets, 2009.
- Y. Yamai and T. Yoshiba, "Comparitive analyses of expected shortfall and value-at-risk under market stress," IMES Discussion Paper No 2002-E-2, Bank of Japan, 2002.
- J. A. Villasenor-Alva, and E. Gonzalez-Estrada, “A bootstrap goodness of fit test for the generalized Pareto distribution,” Computational Statistics and Data Analysis, vol. 53, Issue 11,pp. 3835–3841, Sep. 2009. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.csda.2009.04.001
- W. N. Venables, and D. M. Smith “An Introduction to R”, 2013.
- Energy Tips: Compressed Air, U.D.o. Energy, Editor August, 2004 Available: https://www.compressedairchallenge.org/library/tipsheets/tipsheet01.pdf
- "Thechnology Trend of Air Compressor" Advanced Information analysis Report KiSTi-173.
- S. Mousavi, S. Kara, and B. Kornfeld, "Energy Efficiency of Compressed Air Systems," in 21st CIRP Conference on Life Cycle Engineering, Procedia CIRP 15, pp. 313-318, 2014.
- C. Schmidt, and K. Kissock, Modeling and Simulation of Air Compressor Energy Use, 2005 Available:http://aceee.org/files/proceedings/2005/data/papers/SS05_Panel01_Paper13.pdf