- Volume 19 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
A Personal Prescription Management System Employing Optical Character Recognition Technique
OCR 기반의 개인 처방전 관리 시스템
Kim, Jae-wan;Kim, Sang-tae;Yoon, Jun-yong;Joo, Yang-Ick
- Received : 2015.07.24
- Accepted : 2015.08.31
- Published : 2015.10.31
We have implemented a personal prescription management system which enables resource-limited mobile device to utilize the optical character recognition technique. The system enables us to automatically detect and recognize the text in the personal prescription by using a optical character recognition technique. We improved the recognition rate over a pre-processing in order to improve the character recognition rate of the original method. The examples such as a personal prescription management service, alarm service, and drug information service with mobile devices have been demonstrated by using the our system.
Personal Prescription Management;Optical Character Recognition
- , "A taxonomy for noise in images of paper documents - the physical noises, in Image Analysis and Recognition," Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol. 5627, p. 844854, 2009.
- A. Kae, G. B. Huang, C. Doersch, and E. G. Learned-Miller, “Improving state-of-the-art ocr through high-precision document-specic modeling,” IEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition, 2010.
- Matthews James, “An introduction to edge detection: the sobel edge detector,” IEEE Trans, 2002.
- R. Smith, “An Overview of the Tesseract OCR Engine,” IOSCON, 2007.
- P. Ye and D. Doermann, “Learning features for predicting ocr accuracy, in Pattern Recognition,” 21st International Conference, pp. 3204-3207, 2012.
- C. Liu, W. Freeman, R. Szeliski, and S. B. Kang, "Noise estimation from a single image, in Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition," IEEE Computer Society Conference, vol. 1, pp. 901908, June 2006.