- Volume 19 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
Development of Collaboration Infrastructure to Promote R&D Collaboration
R&D 협업 촉진을 위한 통합협업 인프라의 개발
- Received : 2015.08.18
- Accepted : 2015.09.18
- Published : 2015.10.31
This paper introduces an online collaboration infrastructure in order to build a nationwide collaboration ecosystem in research and education areas. The proposed infrastructure involves domestic research institutes, education institutions and related commercial service vendors. It also includes various systems and services which can promote their online collaboration. Especially it provides the user authentication framework based on identity federation which facilitates the share of various ICT resources across different organizations, thereby enabling the efficient R&D collaboration. We deploy and validate the user authentication framework of the infrastructure on KREONET.
Collaboration;Collaboration infrastructure;Identity federation;Authentication;Resource-sharing
- National Institute of Informatics. GakuNin. [Internet] Available: https://www.gakunin.jp/En-fed/.
- M. Badger, F. Vercoulen, L. Monaco, and L. Farinetti, "Virtual Campus Hub: A single sign-on system for crossborder collaboration," in Proceeding of 5th International Conference on Education and New Learning Technologies (EDULEARN), Barcelona, pp. 5759-5759, 2013.
- Internet2. InCommon project. [Internet] Available: http://www.incommon.org/.
- SURFnet. SURFconext project. [Internet] Available: https://www.surf.nl/en/services-and-products/surfconext/index.html.
- Australian Access Federation. Australian Access Federation. [Internet] Available: http://aaf.edu.au/.
- Jisc. UK Federation. [Internet] Available: http://www.ukfederation.org.uk/.
- Canarie. Canadian Access Federation. [Internet] Available: http://www.canarie.ca/identity/caf/.
- Where Are You From(WAYF). [Internet] Available: http://www.wayf.dk/.
- Shibboleth Consortium. Shibboleth project. [Internet] Available: https://shibboleth.net/.
- UNINETT. simpleSAMLphp project. [Internet] Available: https://simplesamlphp.org/.
- Ministry of Government Administration and Home Affairs. Personal Information Protection Act. Mar. 2011.
- OASIS Std. SAML V2.0, Assertions and Protocols for the OASIS Security Assertion Markup Language(SAML) V2.0, OASIS Standard, Mar. 2005.
- K. M. Sung and T. J. Hahn, “Current status of collaboration among R&D organizations in Korea,” STEPI Insight, vol. 153, Sept. 2014.
- SWITCH. SWITCH Authentication and Authorization Infrastructure(SWITCHaai). [Internet] Available: https://www.switch.ch/aai/.
- T. Barton et al, "Identity federation and attribute-based authorization through the globus toolkit, shibboleth, gridshib, and myproxy," In 5th Annual PKI R&D Workshop, vol. 4, Apr. 2006.
- T. Wason and L. Alliance, (2004). Liberty ID-FF Architecture Overview Version 1.2, Liberty Alliance Project.
- S. S. Shim, G. Bhalla, and V. Pendyala, “Federated identity management,” Computer, vol. 38, no. 12, pp. 120-122, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1109/MC.2005.408
- SURFnet. OpenConext project. [Internet] Available: https://www.openconext.org/.
Grant : 소프트웨어 기반의 첨단과학기술연구망 구축과 서비스