- Volume 52 Issue 5
Hull plate consists of various types of curved plates and there also exists corresponding processing methods. Typically, curved plates can be divided into convex type and saddle type. Large amount of research has been conducted mainly focusing on application of processing method of convex type, saddle type and hybrid type, but research on determination and processing method application of the most difficult S-shaped curved plate that has inflection lines has not been carried out yet. In this paper, as the fundamental research of appropriate processing method application, a calculation method is proposed to calculate inflection lines on curved plates. In order to calculate inflection lines, normal curvature and information of fabricated curved plates should be utilized. We compare the workability of the fabrication for hull plate using inflection line.
곡가공;변곡선;롤 벤딩;법선 곡률
- Elber, G., 1992. Free form surface analysis using a hybrid of symbolic and numeric computation. Ph.D. Thesis. Department of Computer Science, University of Utah
- Kim, J. Park, J. S. Park, T.Z. Shin, J.G. & Ko, K.H., 2012. Optimum Subdivision of Curved Hull Plates for Efficient Ship Manufacture using Minimum Strain Energy. International Journal of Computer Integrated Manufacturing, 25(7), pp.608-624. https://doi.org/10.1080/0951192X.2011.647082
- Kim, Y.I. Shin, J.G. & Lee, J.H., 1996. Analysis of Ship Hull Plate Bending By Roll Bending Machine. Journal of the Society of Naval Architects of Korea, 33(4), pp.142-149.
- Ha, Y.S., 2001. A study on the prediction of plate deformation by heating of weaving path in thick plate bending. Master's Thesis. Department of Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering, Seoul National University.
- Meakawa, T. & Patrikalakis, N.M., 1994. Interrogation of Differential Geometry Properties for Design and Manufacture. The Visual Computer, 10(4), pp. 213-237.
- Nam, J.H., 2003. Computation of Section Curves, Reflection Characteristic Lines and Asymptotic Curves for Visualization. Transactions of the Society of CAD/CAM Engineers, 8(4), pp.262-269.
- Park, J.S. Kim, J. Shin, J.G. Hyun, C.M. Doh, Y.C. & Ko, K.H., 2008. Plate Flattening Analysis in Line Heating Process using Bending Strains. Journal of the Society of Naval Architects of Korea, 45(4), pp. 417-425. https://doi.org/10.3744/SNAK.2008.45.4.417
- Ryu, C.H., 2002. A Consistent algorithm for unfolded flat shape of curved ship's hull shells by minimizing strain energy. Ph.D. Thesis. Department of Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering, Seoul National University
- Ryu, C.H. Lee, J.H. & Yun, J.S., 2007. An Algorithm on Determination of Process Parameters for Roller Bending of Curved Shell Plates. Journal of the Society of Naval Architects of Korea, 44(5), pp. 517-525. https://doi.org/10.3744/SNAK.2007.44.5.517
- Seong, J.K., 2005. Problem reduction scheme for solving geometric constraints and its applications. Ph.D. Thesis. Department of Computer Science and Engineering, Seoul National University
- Sherbrooke, E.C. & Patrikalakis, N.M., 1993. Computation of the Solutions of Nonlinear Polynomial Systems. Computer Aided Geometric Design, 10(5), pp. 379–405. https://doi.org/10.1016/0167-8396(93)90019-Y
- Yun, D.K. Shin, J.G. & Ryu, C.H., 1999. A Determination of Approximated Cylindrical Surfaces of Doubly Curved Surfaces for the Least Line Heating. Journal of the Society of Naval Architects of Korea, 36(3), pp.134-143.
- Park, T.J., 1997. Forming information of the first roll bending process by a statistical approach. Master's Thesis. Department of Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering, Seoul National University.
- Patrikalakis, N.M. & Maekawa, T., 2002. Shape Interrogation for Computer Aided Design and Manufacturing. Springer Verlag: Heidelberg.
- 1. Curved Hull Plate Forming based on SOAP Internet Services vol.53, pp.1, 2016, doi:10.3744/SNAK.2015.52.5.365