- Volume 52 Issue 5
Panel methods are useful tools for analyzing fluid-flow around a wing section. It has the advantage of fast and accurate calculation, compared to other CFD Methods such as RANS solvers. This paper suggests a piecewise linear panel method in order to improve accuracy of existing panel methods by changing the piecewise constant singularity strength to linear singularity strength(for dipole strength). The piecewise linear panel method adopts the linear distribution of singularity strength, while control point is located at the node of each panel. Formulation of the piecewise linear panel method is given, and some calculation results are shown for typical wing sections.
패널법;부분선형 패널법;2차원 날개 단면
- Park, G.D., 2015. Flow Analysis around a Wing Section by a Piecewise Linear Panel Method. Master's Thesis. University of Ulsan.
- Cho, C.H. & Lee, C.S., 2000. Numerical Experimentation of a 2-D B-Spline Higher Order Panel Method. Journal of the Society of Naval Architects of Korea, 37(3), pp.27-36.
- Kim, Y.G. Lee, J.T. Lee, C.S. & Suh, J.C., 1993. Prediction of Steady Performance of a Propeller by Using a Potential-Based Panel Method. Transaction of the Society of Naval Architects of Korea, 30(1), pp.73-86.
- Lee, J.T., 1987. A Potential Based Panel Method for the Analysis of Marine Propellers in Steady Flow. Ph.D. Thesis. Department of Ocean Engineering, M.I.T.
- Moran, J., 1983. An Introduction to Theoretical and Computational Aerodynamics. NY: The Graduate school of Aeronautical Engineering at Cornell University, Dover Publications.
- Oh, J.A., 2014. Viscous Flow Analysis around a Blade Section by a Hybrid Scheme Combining a Panel Method and a CFD Method. Master's Thesis. University of Ulsan.