- Volume 52 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
An Application of AHP for the Selection of Optimum Product of BWTS for over 10,000 TEU Container Ship
AHP 기법을 이용한 10,000 TEU 이상 컨테이너선에 적용되는 선박평형수 처리장치 최적제품 선정에 관한 연구
Lee, Sang-Won;Kim, Dong-Joon;Seo, Won-Chul
- Received : 2015.07.25
- Accepted : 2015.10.06
- Published : 2015.10.20
The Ballast Water Treatment System was developed to prevent the unintended transport of unwanted organisms from one region to another as demanded by the IMO (International Maritime Organization). Although various types of BWTS in the world have been developed until now and applied to various ships, there has been no systematic basis for its selection and installation. Currently, the system selection and installation are as per ship owner’s suggestion or by easy installation point of view by the shipyard. In order to organize, systemize and solve problems related to the selection and installation of BWTS, a definitive study has been performed to come up with the best alternative to derive value and criteria which were to be met for vessels which are to be equipped with BWTS. Multiple criteria were compared alongside each other during the course of this study. Accordingly an AHP (Analytic Hierarchy Process) analysis method for A, B and C companies were done for container ships with size 10,000 TEU and above. Equipment type for “A” company is “Filter, UV & TiO2” combined type. For “B” company it is “Filter & UV” combined type. Finally for “C” company it is “Electrolysis” type. Henceforth, the results of this study aims to come up with the optimum way to select the best and the most suitable BWTS for a certain vessel.
Ballast Water Treatment System;Alternative;Multiple criteria;Analytic Hierarchy Process;UV;Ultra Violet type;Electrolysis type
- Ku, B.T. & Lim, M.H., 2011. The Analysis on ARMY defense–IT Convergence Technologies by the Analytic Hierarchy Process. 2011 Symposium of the Korean Institute of Industrial Engineers, Song-Do, Republic of Korea, 26-27 May 2011.
- Kim, I.I. Han, S.H. & Kwon, M.C., 2009. Decision Supporting Methodology and System Based on Theory of Constraints for Optimal Product Portfolio Strategy in Shipbuilding Industry. Journal of the Society of Naval Architects of Korea, 46(3), pp.362-371. https://doi.org/10.3744/SNAK.2009.46.3.362
- Kim, S.H., 2011. Deterioration Evaluation of Railway Line Segments Using Analytic Hierarchy Process. Journal of the Korean Society for Railway, 14(6) pp.569-574. https://doi.org/10.7782/JKSR.2011.14.6.569
- Kinoshita, E. & Oya, T., 2007. Senryakuteki Ishi Kettei Shuho Ahp. Chung Ram Publisher, Korea.
- Yang, Y.S. Kim, K.H. & Ruy, W.S., 1994. Discrete Optimum Design of Ship Structures by Genetic Algorithm. Journal of the Society of Naval Architects of Korea, 31(4), pp.147-156.
- Park, J.H. & Lee, B.G., 2011. Analyzing Critical Priority Factors for Deriving Future Industries and Promotion Fields of Energy-IT Convergence. Journal of the Korean Society for internet information, 12(3), pp.139-149.
- Park, S.J. Kim K.T. Lee D.J. & Jang, S.G., 2012. The Selection of Advanced transportation mode using the Analytic Hierarchy Process. 2012 Symposium of the Korean Institute of Industrial Engineers, Kyoung-Ju, Republic of Korea, 10-11 May 2012.
- Satty, T.L., 1980. The Analytic Hierarchy Process. McGraw-Hill: NewYork.
- Yang J.M., 2007. A study on new selection process of research process using AHP(Analytic Hierarchy Process). Report No. Policy Research-2007-007-Academic Research. Deajeon: National Research Foundation of Korea.
- Yang, Y.S., Jang. B.S.,1999. Optimum Structural Design Using AHP Technique. Jounal of the Society of Naval Architects of Korea, 36(1), pp.82-89.