- Volume 13 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Chemical Decontamination Design for NPP Decommissioning and Considerations on its Methodology
원전해체를 위한 화학제염 설계 및 그 방법론에 대한 고려사항
Park, Geun Young;Kim, Chang-Lak
- Received : 2015.02.16
- Accepted : 2015.05.11
- Published : 2015.09.30
Decontamination is one of the crucial technologies that are applied during the decommissioning process of nuclear facilities to secure the safety of workers and to minimize the quantity of radioactive waste. Decontamination removes radionuclides on the surface of contaminated metal. Compared with decontamination for operational nuclear facilities, decontamination for nuclear power plants that are being decommissioned needs to remove the more and thicker surface using more aggressive agents or specially developed equipment. This paper analyzed the factors to be considered before planning the decontamination, representative decontamination technologies, and their application procedure,etc. ORCID
- L. E. Boing. Decommissioning of Nuclear Facilities/Decontamination Technologies, International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) (2006).
- H. Ocken. Decontamination Handbook, TR-112352, Electric Power Research Institute (EPRI) (1999).
- P. Kinnunen. ANTIOXI - Decontamination Techniques for Activity Removal in Nuclear Environments, VTT (2008).
- C. J. Wood. Full-system Decontamination of a BWR Using the LOMI Process, Volume 4 : Full-System Decontamination Experience and Cost-Benefit Analysis, TR-100049, Electric Power Research Institute (EPRI) (1991).
- Nuclear Energy Agency (NEA) Task Group, Decontamination Techniques Used in Decommissioning Activities, NEA (1999).
- C. J. Wood. Evaluation of the Decontamination of the Reactor Coolant Systems at Maine Yankee and Connecticut Yankee, TR-112092, Electric Power Research Institute(EPRI) (1999).
- P. Miller. PWR Fuel-In Full Reactor Coolant System Decontamination Qualification, TR-107986, Electric Power Research Institute (EPRI) (1997).
- C. Wood. Maine Yankee Decommissioning Experience Report, 1011734, Electric Power Research Institute (EPRI) (2005).
- S. Bushart. Connecticut Yankee Decommissioning Experience Report, Electric Power Research Institute (EPRI) (2006).
- B. Seo. Decontamination & Dismantling Market and its Development Situation, Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute (KAERI) (2012).
- Full System Chemical Decontamination Concept for Kori Unit 1 Decommissioning vol.14, pp.3, 2016, https://doi.org/10.7733/jnfcwt.2016.14.3.289