- Volume 15 Issue 5
In this paper, an algorithm using two bi-quad filters to suppress the wide-band resonance for PMSM servo systems is proposed. This algorithm is based on the double bi-quad filters structure, so it is named, "double bi-quad filter." The conventional single bi-quad filter method cannot suppress unexpected mechanical terms, which may lead to oscillations on the load side. A double bi-quad filter structure, which can cancel the effects of compliant coupling and suppress wide-band resonance, is realized by inserting a virtual filter after the motor speed output. In practical implementation, the proposed control structure is composed of two bi-quad filters on both the forward and feedback paths of the speed control loop. Both of them collectively complete the wide-band resonance suppression, and the filter on the feedback path can solve the oscillation on the load side. Meanwhile, with this approach, in certain cases, the servo system can be more robust than with the single bi-quad filter method. A step by step design procedure is provided for the proposed algorithm. Finally, its advantages are verified by theoretical analysis and experimental results.
Bi-quad filter;PMSM servo;Self-adaption;System identification;Wide-band resonance
- S. Brock and D. Luczak, “Speed control in direct drive with non-stiff load,” in Proc. ISIE, pp. 1937-1942, 2011
- B. Zhang, Y. H. Li, and Y. S. Zuo, “A DSP-based fully digital PMSM servo drive using on-line self-tuning PI controller,” in Proc. IPEMC, pp. 1012-1017, 2000.
- L. Guo and W. H. Chen, “Disturbance attenuation and rejection for a class of nonlinear systems via DOBC approach,” Int. J. Robust Nonlinear Control, Vol. 15, No. 3, pp. 109-125, Feb. 2005. https://doi.org/10.1002/rnc.978
- Y. J Guo, L. P. Huang, Y. Qiu, and M. Maramatsu, “Inertia identification and auto-tuning of induction motor using MRAS,” in Proc. IPEMC, pp. 1006-1011, 2000.
- R. Garrido and A. Concha, “Inertia and Friction estimation of a velocity-controlled servo using position measurements,” IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., Vol. 61, No. 9, pp .4759-4770, Sep. 2014. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2013.2293692
- S. M. Yang amd Y. J. Deng, “Observer-based inertial identification for auto-tuning servo motor drives,” in Proc. IAS, pp. 968-972, 2005.
- L. Harnefors and N. Hans-Peter, “Model-based current control of AC machines using the internal model control method,” IEEE Trans. Ind. Appl., Vol. 34, No. 1, pp. 133-141, Jan./Feb. 1998. https://doi.org/10.1109/28.658735
- D. H. Lee, J. H. Lee, and J. W. Ahn “Mechanical vibration reduction control of two-masspermanent magnet synchronous motor using adaptivenotch filter with fast Fourier transform analysis,” IET Electric Power Appl., Vol. 6, No. 7, pp. 455-461, Aug. 2012. https://doi.org/10.1049/iet-epa.2011.0322
- H. J. Wang, D. H. Lee, Z. G. Lee, and J. W. Ahn, “Vibration rejection scheme of servo drive system with adaptive notch filter,” in Proc. PESC, pp. 1-6, Jun. 2006.
- K. Szabat and T. Orlowska-Kowalska, “Vibration suppression in a two-mass drive system using PI speed controller and additional feedbacks—comparative study,” IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., Vol. 54, No. 2, pp. 1193-1206, Apr. 2007. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2007.892608
- V. P. Makkapati, M. Reichhartinger, and M. Horn, “Performance improvement of servo drives with mechanical elasticity via Extended Acceleration Feedback,” in Proc. CCA, pp. 1279-1284, 2012.
- P. Schmidt and T. Rehm, “Notch filter tuning for resonant frequency reduction in dual inertia systems,” in Proc. IAS, pp. 1730-1734, 1999.
- M. A. Valenzuela, J. M. Bentley, A. Villablanca, and R. D. Lorenz, “Dynamic compensation of torsional oscillation in paper machine sections,” IEEE Trans. Ind. Appl., Vol. 41, No. 6, pp. 1458-1466, Nov./Dec. 2005. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIA.2005.858317
- J. Kang, S. L. Chen, and X. G.. Di, “Online detection and suppression of mechanical resonance for servo system,” in Proc. ICICP, pp. 16-21, 2012.
- P. Liu, D. B. Zhao, L. Zhang, and W. Zhang, “Design of notch filter applied in miniaturized NC micro-milling machine tool,” in Proc. IEEE Knowledge Acquisition and Modeling Workshop, pp. 928-931, 2008.
- W. Y. Wang, J. B. Xu, and A. W. Shen, “Detection and reduction of middle frequency resonance for industrial servo,” in Proc. ICICP, pp. 153-160, 2012.
- T. Orlowska-Kowalska and K. Szabat, “Damping of torsional vibrations in two-mass system using adaptive sliding neuro-fuzzy approach,” IEEE Trans. Ind. Informat., Vol. 4, No. 1, pp. 47-57, Feb. 2008. https://doi.org/10.1109/TII.2008.916054
- T. Orlowska-Kowalska, M. Dybkowski, “Stator current based MRAS estimator for a wide range speed-sensorless induction-motor drive,” IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., Vol. 57, No. 4, pp. 1296-1308, Apr. 2010. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2009.2031134
- D. Torregrossa, A. Khoobroo, and B. Fahimi, “Prediction of acoustic noise and torque pulsation in PM synchronous machines with static eccentricity and partial demagnetization using field reconstruction method,” IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., Vol. 59, No. 2, pp. 934-944, Feb. 2012. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2011.2151810
- G. Zhang, “Speed control of two-inertia system by PI/PID control,” IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., Vol. 47, No. 3, pp. 603-609, Jun. 2000. https://doi.org/10.1109/41.847901
- M.-C. Pera, D. Candusso, D. Hissel, and J. M. Kauffmann, “Enhanced servo-control performance of dual-mass systems,” IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., Vol. 54, No. 3, pp. 1387-1399, Jun. 2007. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2007.893048
- S. N. Vukosavic and M. R. Stojic, “Suppression of torsional oscillations in a high-performance speed servo drive,” IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., Vol. 45, No. 1, pp. 108-117, Feb. 1998. https://doi.org/10.1109/41.661311
- K. Itoh, M. Iwasaki, and N. Matsui, “Optimal design of robust vibration suppression controller using genetic algorithms,” IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., Vol. 51, No. 5, pp. 947-953, Oct. 2004. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2004.834943
- K. Ito and M. Iwasaki, “GA-based practical compensator design for a motion control system,” IEEE/ASME Trans. Mechatron., Vol. 6, No. 2, pp. 143-148, Jun. 2001. https://doi.org/10.1109/3516.928728
- G. Ellis and R. D. Lorenz, “Resonant load control methods for industrial servo drives,” in Proc. IAS, pp. 1438-1445, 2000.
- K. Sugiura and Y. Hori, “Vibration suppression in 2- and 3-mass system based on the feedback of imperfect derivative of the estimated torsional torque,” IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., Vol. 43, No. 1, pp. 56-64, Feb. 1996. https://doi.org/10.1109/41.481408
- G. Ellis and Z. Q. Gao, “Cures for low-frequency mechanical resonance in industrial servo systems,” in Proc. IAS, pp. 252-258, 2001.
- W. L. Zhao, T. A. Lipo, and B.-I. Kwon, “Material-efficient permanent-magnet shape for torque pulsation minimization in SPM motors for automotive applications,” IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., Vol. 61, No. 10, pp.5779-5787, Oct. 2014. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2014.2301758
- X. D. Li and S. H. Li, “Speed control for a PMSM servo system using model reference adaptive control and an extended state observer,” Journal of Power Electronics, Vol. 14, No. 3, pp. 549-563, May 2014. https://doi.org/10.6113/JPE.2014.14.3.549
- J. Na, Q. Chen, X. M. Ren, and Y. Guo, “Adaptive prescribed performance motion control of servo mechanisms with friction compensation,” IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., Vol. 61, No. 1, pp. 486-494, Jan. 2014. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2013.2240635
- O.-S. Park, J.-W. Park, C.-B. Bae, and J.-M. Kim “A dead time compensation algorithm of independent multi-phase PMSM with three-dimensional space vector control,” Journal of Power Electronics, Vol. 13, No. 1, pp. 77-85, Jan. 2013. https://doi.org/10.6113/JPE.2013.13.1.77
- M. T. Elsayed, O. A. Mahgoub, and S. A. Zaid, “Simulation study of a new approach for field weakening control of PMSM,” Journal of Power Electronics, Vol. 12, No. 1, pp. 136,144, Jan. 2012. https://doi.org/10.6113/JPE.2012.12.1.136
- H. H. Choi, N. T.-T. Vu, and J.-W. Jung, “Design and implementation of a Takagi–Sugeno fuzzy speed regulator for a permanent magnet synchronous motor,” IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., Vol. 59, No. 8, pp. 3069-3077, Aug. 2012. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2011.2141091