- Volume 10 Issue 5
This paper proposes a novel watermarking method to discover the tampers and localize it in digital image. The image which is to be used to generate a watermark is first wavelet decomposed and the edge feature from the sub bands of high frequency coefficients are retrieved to generate a watermark (Edge Feature Image) and which is to be embed on the cover image. Before embedding the watermark, the pixels of cover image are disordered through the Arnold Transform and this helps to upgrade the security of the watermark. The embedding of generated edge feature image is done only on the Least Significant Bit (LSB) of the cover image. The invisibleness and robustness of the proposed method is computed using Peak-Signal to Noise Ratio (PSNR) and Normalized Correlation (NC) and it proves that the proposed method delivers good results and the proposed method also detects and localizes the tampers efficiently. The invisibleness of proposed method is compared with the existing method and it proves that the proposed method is better.
DWT;Arnold Map;Fragile watermarking;Tamper detection;Edge Feature Image
- D. Xiao and F. Y. Shih, “An improved hierarchical fragile watermarking scheme using chaotic sequence sorting and subblock post-processing,” Optics Communications, vol. 285, pp. 2596-2606, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.optcom.2012.02.002
- D. Vaishnavi and T. S. Subashini, “Robust and Invisible Image Watermarking in RGB Color Space Using SVD,” Procedia Computer Science, vol. 46, pp. 1770-1777, 2015. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.procs.2015.02.130
- D. Vaishnavi and T. S. Subashini, “Image Tamper Detection based on Edge Image and Chaotic Arnold Map,” Indian Journal of Science and Technology, vol. 8, pp. 548-555, Mar. 2015. https://doi.org/10.17485/ijst/2015/v8i6/70074
- F. Di Martino and S. Sessa, “Fragile Watermarking Tamper Detection with Images Compressed by Fuzzy Transform,” Inf. Sci., vol. 195, pp. 62-90, Jul. 2012. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ins.2012.01.014
- R. C.-W. Phan, “Tampering with a watermarking-base dimage authentication scheme,” Pattern Recognition, vol. 41, pp. 3493-3496, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.patcog.2008.05.009
- S. S. Bedi, G. S. Tomar, and S. Verma, “Robust watermarking of image in the transform domain using edge detection,” in Computer Modelling and Simulation, 2009. UKSIM’09. 11th International Conference on, 2009, pp. 233-238.
- S. Shivani, D. Singh, and S. Agarwal, “DCT Based Approach for Tampered Image Detection and Recovery Using Block Wise Fragile Watermarking Scheme,” in Pattern Recognition and Image Analysis, Springer, 2013, pp. 640-647.
- D. M. N. G. P. Dr.S.A.K.Jilani Manickam.L, “A Novel Fragile Watermarking Scheme For Image Tamper Detection Using K Mean Clustering,” International Journal of Computer Trends and Technology(IJCTT), vol. 4, pp. 3380-3385, 2013.
- L. Sumalatha, V. V. Krishna, and A. V. Babu, “Image Content Authentication based on Wavelet Edge Features,” International Journal of Computer Applications, vol. 50, 2012.
- D. Zhang, Z. Pan, and H. Li, “A contour-based semi-fragile image watermarking algorithm in DWT domain,” in Education Technology and Computer Science (ETCS), 2010 Second International Workshop on, 2010, vol. 3, pp. 228-231.
- S. Shan, “Logistic map-based fragile watermarking for pixel level tamper detection and resistance,” EURASIP Journal on Information Security, vol. 2010, 2010.
- W.-C. Chen and M.-S. Wang, “A fuzzy c-means clustering-based fragile watermarking scheme for image authentication,” Expert Systems with Applications, vol. 36, pp. 1300-1307, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.eswa.2007.11.018
- C.-C. Chang, K.-N. Chen, C.-F. Lee, and L.-J. Liu, “ A secure fragile watermarking scheme based on chaos-and-hamming code,” Journal of Systems and Software, vol. 84, pp. 1462-1470, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jss.2011.02.029
- M. Sui and J. Li, “The medical volume data watermarking using arnold scrambling and 3D-DWT,” in Mechatronic Sciences, Electric Engineering and Computer (MEC), Proceedings 2013 International Conference on, 2013, pp. 1120-1124.
- S. Rawat and B. Raman, “A chaotic system based fragile watermarking scheme for image tamper detection,” AEU-International Journal of Electronics and Communications, vol. 65, pp. 840-847, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.aeue.2011.01.016