- Volume 37 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Novel Filtering Power Divider with External Isolation Resistors
- Lu, Yun-Long (Department of Information Science & Electronic Engineering, Zhejiang University) ;
- Wang, Shun (Institute of Electronics Chinese Academy of Sciences) ;
- Dai, Gao-Le (Ningbo Institute of Materials Technology & Engineering, Chinese Academy of Sciences) ;
- Li, Kai (Department of Information Science & Electronic Engineering, Zhejiang University)
- Received : 2014.01.14
- Accepted : 2014.04.21
- Published : 2015.02.01
In this paper, a novel filtering power divider with external isolation resistors is presented. The proposed power divider can be considered as an integration of a bandpass filter and a Gysel power divider. Based on the circuit topology, a high-order filtering power divider can be easily realized. Odd- and even-mode models are employed to analyze the filtering and power splitting functions. For demonstration, a third-order filtering power divider operating at 1.5 GHz is designed and implemented. The measured results exhibit an isolation between the output ports that is better than 20 dB at around the center frequency.
Supported by : National Natural Science Foundation of China(NSFC), National High Technology Research
- J.-S. Hong and M.J. Lancaster, "Network Analysis," in Microstrip Filters for RF/Microwave Applications, New York, USA: Wiley, 2001, pp. 7-28.
- S.W. Wong and L. Zhu, "Ultra-Wideband Power Divider with Good In-Band Splitting and Isolation Performances," IEEE Microw. Wireless Compon. Lett., vol. 18, no. 8, Aug. 2008, pp. 518-520. https://doi.org/10.1109/LMWC.2008.2001009
- J.Y. Shao, S.C. Huang, and Y.H. Pang, "Wilkinson Power Divider Incorporating Quasi-Elliptic Filters for Improved Out-of-Band Rejection," Electron. Lett., vol. 47, no. 23, Nov. 2011, pp. 1288-1289. https://doi.org/10.1049/el.2011.2766
- Y.C. Li, Q. Xue, and X.Y. Zhang, "Single- and Dual-Band Power Divider Integrated with Bandpass Filters," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Techn, vol. 61, no. 1, Jan. 2013, pp. 69-76. https://doi.org/10.1109/TMTT.2012.2226600
- X.Y. Zhang, K.X. Wang, and B.J. Hu, "Compact Filtering Power Divider with Enhanced Second-Harmonic Suppression," IEEE Microw. Wireless Compon. Lett., vol. 23, no. 9, Sept. 2013, pp. 483-485. https://doi.org/10.1109/LMWC.2013.2274993
- P.K. Singh, S. Basu, and Y.-H. Wang, "Coupled Line Power Divider with Compact Size and Bandpass Response," Electron. Lett., vol. 45, no. 17, Aug. 2009, pp. 892-894. https://doi.org/10.1049/el.2009.1488
- C.F. Chen et al., "Design of Miniaturized Filtering Power Dividers for System-in-a-Package," IEEE Trans. Compon., Packag., Manuf. Technol., vol. 3, no. 10, Oct. 2013, pp. 1663-1672. https://doi.org/10.1109/TCPMT.2013.2254488
- C.-F. Chen and C.-Y. Lin, "Compact Microstrip Filtering Power Dividers with Good In-Band Isolation Performance," IEEE Microw. Wireless Compon. Lett., vol. 24, no. 1, Jan. 2014, pp. 17-19. https://doi.org/10.1109/LMWC.2013.2287243
- L.-S. Wu, Y.-X. Guo, and J.-F. Mao, "Balanced-to-Balanced Gysel Power Divider with Bandpass Filtering Response," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Techn., vol. 61, no. 12, Dec. 2013, pp. 4052-4062. https://doi.org/10.1109/TMTT.2013.2287684
- D.M. Pozar, "Microwave Network Analysis," in Microwave Engineering, New York, USA: Wiley, 2005, pp. 165-227.