- Volume 37 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Basic RF Characteristics of Fishbone-Type Transmission Line Employing Comb-Type Ground Plane (FTLCGP) on PES Substrate for Use in Flexible Passive Circuits
- Yun, Young (Department of Radio Communication Engineering, Korea Maritime and Ocean University) ;
- Jeong, Jang-Hyeon (Department of Radio Communication Engineering, Korea Maritime and Ocean University) ;
- Kim, Hong Seung (Department of Nano Semiconductor Engineering, Korea Maritime and Ocean University) ;
- Jang, Nakwon (Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Korea Maritime and Ocean University)
- Received : 2014.02.27
- Accepted : 2014.04.01
- Published : 2015.02.01
In this work, a fishbone-type transmission line employing a comb-type ground plane (FTLCGP) was fabricated on polyethersulfone (PES) substrate, and its RF characteristics were thoroughly investigated. According to the results, it was found that the FTLCGP on PES showed periodic capacitance values much higher than other types of transmission lines due to a coupling capacitance between the signal line and ground, which resulted in a reduction of wavelength and line width. Using the theoretical analysis, we also extracted the bandwidth characteristic of the FTLCGP on PES. According to the result, the FTLCGP structure showed a cut-off frequency of 280 GHz.
Supported by : National Research Foundation of Korea (NRF)
- Y. Sun and J.A. Rogers, "Inorganic Semiconductors for Flexible Electronics," Adv. Mater., vol. 19, no. 15, Aug. 2007, pp. 1897-1916. https://doi.org/10.1002/adma.200602223
- E. Celik et al., "Carbon Nanotube Blended Polyethersulfone Membranes for Fouling Control in Water Treatment," Water Res., vol. 45, no. 1, Jan. 2011, pp. 274-282. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.watres.2010.07.060
- R. Rajasekaran, M. Alagar, and C.K. Chozhan, "Effect of Polyethersulfone and N, N'-Bismaleimido-4, 4'-Diphenyl Methane on the Mechanical and Thermal Properties of Epoxy Systems," Exp. Polymer Lett., vol. 2, no. 5, 2008, pp. 339-348. https://doi.org/10.3144/expresspolymlett.2008.40
- Y. Yun, H.S. Kim, and N. Jang, "Study on Characteristics of Various RF Transmission Line Structures on PES Substrate for Application to Flexible MMIC," ETRI J., vol. 36, no. 1, Feb. 2014, pp. 106-115. https://doi.org/10.4218/etrij.14.0113.0124
- Y. Yun et al., "A Miniaturized Impedance Transformer on PES for Flexible RFICs," Microw. J., vol. 57, no. 2, Feb. 2014, pp. 100-110.
- D.M. Pozar, "Microwave Engineering," Reading, MA, USA: Addison-Wesley, 1990.
- T. Fujii et al., "Miniature Broad-Band CPW 3 dB Branch-Line Couplers in Slow-Wave Structure," IEICE Trans. Electron., vol. E90-C, no. 12, Dec. 2007, pp. 2245-2253. https://doi.org/10.1093/ietele/e90-c.12.2245
- D. Ahn et al., "A Design of Low-Pass Filter Using the Novel Microstrip Defected Ground Structure," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Techn., vol. 49, no. 1, Jan. 2001, pp. 86-93. https://doi.org/10.1109/22.899965
- F.-R. Yang et al., "A UC-PBG Structure and Its Applications for Microwave Circuits," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Techn., vol. 47, no. 8, Aug. 1999, pp. 1509-1514. https://doi.org/10.1109/22.780402
- A.S. Andrenko, Y. Ikeda, and O. Ishida, "Application of PBG Microstrip Circuits for Enhancing the Performance of High- Density Substrate Patch Antennas," Microw. Opt. Techn. Lett., vol. 32, no. 5, Mar. 2002, pp. 340-344. https://doi.org/10.1002/mop.10173
- A. Lai and T. Itoh, "Microwave Composite Right/Left-Handed Metamaterials and Devices," Asia-Pacific Microw. Conf., Suzhou, China, Dec. 4-7, 2005, pp. 31-34.
- J. Gao and L. Zhu, "Per-Unit-Length Parameters of 1-D CPW Metamaterials with Simultaneously Series-C and Shunt-L Loading," Asia-Pacific Microw. Conf., Suzhou, China, Dec. 4-7, 2005, pp. 39-42.
- J.R. Long, "Passive Components for Silicon RF and MMIC Design," IEICE Trans. Electron., vol. E86-C, no. 6, June 2003, pp. 1022-1031.
- J. Zhang and T.Y. Hsiang, "Dispersion Characteristics of Coplanar Waveguides at Subterahertz Frequencies," Progress Electromag. Res. Symp., Cambridge, MA, USA, vol. 2, no. 3, Mar. 2006, pp. 232-235.