- Volume 17 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Improvement Effect and Electrical Characteristics of Soft Ground with Plastic Electrode Spacing
전극간 거리에 따른 연약지반의 지반개량 효과와 전기적 특성
Byeon, Inseong;Kang, Hongsig;Sun, Seokyoun;Han, Jeonghoon;Ahn, Kwangkuk
- Received : 2015.09.03
- Accepted : 2015.11.25
- Published : 2016.01.01
Soft ground stabilization is needed to construct large civil facilities on the soft clay ground. Pre-loading method, which is accelerating consolidation method, is generally used to stabilize the soft ground. However, pre-loading method is required long construction period and quantities of fill material. Therefore, electro-osmosis method is used to replace pre-loading method for stabilizing the soft ground. Electro-osmosis method is disadvantageous in constructive and economic aspects because it is needed a metallic electrode. So, in order to solve the those disadvantages, plastic electrode was developed to replace metallic electrode. Plastic electrode, which is made by using nano-technology on existing Plastic Drain Board (PDB), was used to supply the electric power. In this study, therefore, the model test was conducted to confirm the effect of improvement and electrical characteristics of soft ground by spacing of plastic electrode. The result shows that the effect of improvement of soft ground was decreased up to 45% by increasing electrode spacing and electrical characteristics on the soft ground were influenced by consolidation settlement with electrode spacing.
Electro-osmosis method;Soft ground;Plastic drain board (PDB);Consolidation;Nano-coated
- Ahn, K. K., Jeong, K. S. and Lee, J. D. (2009), Characteristics on electroosmosis ground improvement using nano-geosynthetics, Journal of the Korean Geo-Environmental Society, Vol. 10, No. 4, pp. 59-63 (in Korean).
- Ahn, K. K., Park, S. B. and Lim, G. S. (2012), Effect of electroosmosis ground improvement with changing pH, Journa of the Institute of Construction Technology, Vol. 31, No. 2, pp. 115-120 (in Korean).
- Ahn, S. R. (2011), Effect of electrode efficiency for electroosmosis ground improvement, Master's thesis, Graduate School of Chungbuk National University, pp. 1-55 (in Korean).
- Sin, D. C. (2010), Characteristics on electrokinetic ground improvement accoding to electrode types, Master's thesis, Graduate School of Chungbuk National University, pp. 1-47 (in Korean).
- Sin, T. J. (2011), Characteristics on electroosmosis ground improvement of marin clay, Master's thesis, Graduate School of Chungbuk National University, pp. 1-53 (in Korean).
Supported by : 충북대학교