- Volume 20 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
A Study on Evaluation of Floor Vibration for Steel Frame Modular Housing
철골 조립식주택 바닥판 진동 평가에 관한 연구
- Received : 2015.11.04
- Accepted : 2015.11.18
- Published : 2016.01.01
The steel frame modular housing of which the research and development has been actively carried out recently cannot be constructed through monolithic placement like the reinforced concrete deck of general structure due to the characteristics of construction method of production in the factory and assembly on the site. And floor vertical vibration and deflection caused by inhabitants' activities may become an important issue in the aspect of usability evaluation due to a decrease in the section size of member, a decrease in weight, and so on. Therefore, this study evaluated the vibration performance of deck by using formula of AISC Design Guide 11(hereinafter AISC formula) which was practically used in general for modules where a stud was and wasn't installed at the center of beam in the longitudinal direction in the modular housing to be studied, and examined the applicability of AISC formula through comparison with the results of analysis using a general-purpose analysis program. On the basis of this, a structural cause for an error to occur between analysis result and AISC formula in the deck of module in which a stud was installed was analysed, and measures for considering this were suggested. Besides, an analysis model with the variables of measures for improving the floor vibration performance of modular housing to be studied was established. And measures having excellent vibration performance and economic feasibility were suggested through vibration response analysis and economic evaluation.
Steel frame modular housing;Floor vertical vibration;Deflection;Stud;Economics;AISC Design Guide 11
- Allen, D.E., and Murray, T.M. (1993), Design Criterion for Vibrations due to Walking, Engineering journal, AISC, 4th Qtr, 177-129.
- AIJ (1991), Guidelines for the Evaluation of Habitability to Building Vibration, AIJ.
- AISC/CISC (2003), Steel Design Guide Series 11 Floor Vibrations due to Human Activity, AISC, Illinois.
- Chopra, A.K. (2007), Dynamics of Structures, Prentice Hall, New Jersey.
- ATC (1999), ATC Design Guide 1 Minimizing Floor Vibration, ATC.
- Kim, W.K., and Park, J.K. (2000), Evaluation Method of Floor Vibration for Steel Structure Buildings, Journal of Architectural Institute of Korea, AIK, 16(11), 11-18 (in Korean, with English abstract).
- KPI (2015), Comprehensive Estimation Information, KPI, Seoul.
- Lee, S.S. (2005), Evaluation of the Vibration Response Formulas for Walking Induced Floor Vibration, Journal of Architectural Institute of Korea, AIK, 21(9), 27-34 (in Korean, with English abstract).
- MIDAS (2015), http://kor.midasuser.com/building.
Supported by : 국토교통부