- Volume 10 Issue 1
Employing non-associated flow rule and Power-Law failure criterion, the failure mechanisms of tunnel roof in homogeneous and layered soils are studied in present analysis. From the viewpoint of energy, limit analysis upper bound theorem and variation principle are introduced to study the influence of dilatancy on the collapse mechanism of rectangular tunnel considering effects of supporting force and seepage force. Through calculation, the collapsing curve expressions of rectangular tunnel which are excavated in homogeneous soil and layered soils respectively are derived. The accuracy of this work is verified by comparing with the existing research results. The collapsing surface shapes with different dilatancy coefficients are draw out and the influence of dilatancy coefficient on possible collapsing range is analyzed. The results show that, in homogeneous soil, the potential collapsing range decreases with the decrease of the dilatancy coefficient. In layered soils, the total height and the width on the layered position of possible collapsing block increase and the width of the falling block on tunnel roof decrease when only the upper soil's dilatancy coefficient decrease. When only the lower soil's dilatancy coefficient decrease or both layers' dilatancy coefficients decrease, the range of the potential collapsing block reduces.
collapse;non-associated flow rule;Power-Law criterion;tunnel roof;upper bound
- Agar, J.G., Morgenstern, N.R. and Scott, J. (1985), "Shear strength and stress-strain behavior of Athabasca oil sand at elevated temperatures and pressure", Can. Geotech. J., 24(1), 1-10.
- Anyaegbunam, A.J. (2015), "Nonlinear power-type failure laws for geomaterials: Synthesis from triaxial data, properties, and applications", Int. J. Geomech., ASCE, 15(1), 04014036. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)GM.1943-5622.0000348
- Atkinson, J.H. and Potts, D.M. (1977), "Stability of a shallow circular tunnel in cohesionless soil", Geotechnique, 27(2), 203-215. https://doi.org/10.1680/geot.1918.104.22.168
- Baker, R. (2004), "Nonlinear Mohr envelopes based on triaxial data", J. Geotech. Geoenviron. Eng., ASCE, 130(5), 498-506. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)1090-0241(2004)130:5(498)
- Chaaba, A., Bousshine, L. and De Saxce, G. (2010), "Kinematic limit analysis of nonassociated perfectly plastic material by the bipotential approach and finite element method", J. Appl. Mech. Transact. ASME, 77(3), 31016. https://doi.org/10.1115/1.4000383
- Chen, W.F. (1975), Limit Analysis and Soil Plasticity, Elsevier Science, Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
- Davis, E.H., Dunn, M.J., Mair, R.J. and Seneviratine, H.N. (1980), "The stability of shallow tunnels and underground openings in cohesive material", Geotechnique, 30(4), 397-416. https://doi.org/10.1680/geot.1922.214.171.1247
- Drescher, A. and Detournay, E. (1993), "Limit load in translational failure mechanisms for associative and non-associative materials", Geotechnique, 43(3), 443-456. https://doi.org/10.1680/geot.19126.96.36.1993
- Fraldi, M. and Guarracino, F. (2009), "Limit analysis of collapse mechanisms in cavities and tunnels according to the Hoek-Brown failure criterion", Int. J. Rock Mech. Min. Sci., 46(4), 665-673. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijrmms.2008.09.014
- Fraldi, M. and Guarracino, F. (2010), "Analytical solutions for collapse mechanisms in tunnels with arbitrary cross sections", Int. J. Solid. Struct., 47(2), 216-223. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijsolstr.2009.09.028
- Fraldi, M. and Guarracino, F. (2011), "Evaluation of impending collapse in circular tunnels by analytical and numerical approaches", Tunn. Undergr. Space Technol., 26(4), 507-516. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tust.2011.03.003
- Fraldi, M. and Guarracino, F. (2012), "Limit analysis of progressive tunnel failure of tunnels in Hoek-Brown rock masses", Int. J. Rock Mech. Min. Sci., 50, 170-173. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijrmms.2011.12.009
- Kumar, J. (2004), "Stability factors for slopes with nonassociated flow rule using energy consideration", Int. J. Geomech., ASCE, 4(4), 264-272. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)1532-3641(2004)4:4(264)
- Leca, E. and Dormieux, L. (1990), "Upper and lower bound solutions for the face stability of shallow circular tunnels in frictional material", Geotechnique, 40(4), 581-606. https://doi.org/10.1680/geot.19188.8.131.521
- Mollon, G., Dias, D. and Soubra, A.H. (2009), "Probabilistic analysis of circular tunnels in homogeneous soil using response surface methodology", J. Geotech. Geoenviron. Eng., 135(9), 1314-1325. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)GT.1943-5606.0000060
- Saada, Z., Maghous, S. and Garnier, D. (2012), "Stability analysis of rock slopes subjected to seepage forces using the modified Hoek-Brown criterion", Int. J. Rock Mech. Min. Sci., 55(1), 45-54.
- Soubra, A.H. (2000), "Three-dimensional face stability analysis of shallow circular tunnels", Proceedings of International Conference on Geotechnical and Geological Engineering, Melbourne, Australia, November, pp. 19-24.
- Soubra, A.H. (2002), "Kinematical approach to the face stability analysis of shallow circular tunnels", Proceedings of the 8th International Symposium on Plasticity, British Columbia, Canada, July, pp. 443-445.
- Soubra, A.H., Dias, D., Emeriault, F. and Kastner, R. (2008), "Three-dimensional face stability analysis of circular tunnels by a kinematical approach", Proceedings of the GeoCongress, Characterization, Monitoring, and Modelling of Geosystems, New Orleans, LA, USA, March, pp. 9-12.
- Veiskarami, M. and Kumar, J. and Valikhah, F. (2014), "Effect of the flow rule on the bearing capacity of strip foundations on sand by the upper-bound limit analysis and slip lines", Int. J. Geomech., ASCE, 14(3), 613-624.
- Yang, X.L. and Yan, R.M. (2015). "Collapse mechanism for deep tunnel subjected to seepage force in layered soils", Geomech. Eng., Int. J., 8(5), 741-756. https://doi.org/10.12989/gae.2015.8.5.741
- Zhang, J.H. and Wang, C.Y. (2015), "Energy analysis of stability on shallow tunnels based on nonassociated flow rule and non-linear failure criterion", J. Central South Univ., 22(3), 1070-1078. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11771-015-2618-3
- Solution of Strain-Softening Surrounding Rock in Deep Tunnel Incorporating 3D Hoek-Brown Failure Criterion and Flow Rule vol.2016, 2016, https://doi.org/10.1155/2016/7947036
- Roof collapse of shallow tunnel in layered Hoek-Brown rock media vol.11, pp.6, 2016, https://doi.org/10.12989/gae.2016.11.6.867
- Uplift Capacity of Shallow Anchors Based on the Generalized Nonlinear Failure Criterion vol.2016, 2016, https://doi.org/10.1155/2016/3082047
- Safety thickness analysis of tunnel floor in karst region based on catastrophe theory vol.23, pp.9, 2016, https://doi.org/10.1007/s11771-016-3295-6
- Functional Catastrophe Analysis of Collapse Mechanism for Shallow Tunnels with Considering Settlement vol.2016, 2016, https://doi.org/10.1155/2016/4820716
- Minimum safe thickness of rock plug in karst tunnel according to upper bound theorem vol.23, pp.9, 2016, https://doi.org/10.1007/s11771-016-3293-8
- A new failure mechanism for deep cavity and upper bound solution of supporting pressure vol.24, pp.9, 2017, https://doi.org/10.1007/s11771-017-3617-3
- Prediction of Collapse Scope of Deep-Buried Tunnels Using Pressure Arch Theory vol.2016, 2016, https://doi.org/10.1155/2016/2628174
- Reliability analysis of supporting pressure in tunnels based on three-dimensional failure mechanism vol.23, pp.5, 2016, https://doi.org/10.1007/s11771-016-0374-7
- Upper Bound Solution of Safety Factor for Shallow Tunnels Face Using a Nonlinear Failure Criterion and Shear Strength Reduction Technique vol.2016, 2016, https://doi.org/10.1155/2016/4832097
- Upper Bound Solution of Surrounding Rock Pressure for Deep Cavity Using Nonlinear Hoek–Brown Failure Criterion vol.2018, pp.1687-8094, 2018, https://doi.org/10.1155/2018/1490848
- 沉降与渗流联合作用下层状地层浅埋隧道运动分析 vol.25, pp.2, 2018, https://doi.org/10.1007/s11771-018-3743-6
Supported by : National Natural Science Foundation