- Volume 25 Issue 1
This study analyzed fluctuations of ground water level of ground water wells developed in Seongsan watershed of Jeju Island until 2013 using MODFLOW, a numerical analysis model. Ground water level shows greater fluctuations from increase of pump capacity compared to the number of ground water wells. The development of ground water at the top of watershed was found to have direct influence on ground water level. Ground water wells developed until 2013 were used to continue pumping for 50 days, and ground water level of coastal region was reduced below 50% compared to the standard water level. In addition, the range of fluctuation of water level was large in the east coast region, which represents the direction of flow of ground water.
MODFLOW;Ground water level;Continued pumping;Seongsan watershed
- Jejudo, 2003, Comperhensive survey of hydrogeolohgy and groundwater resources in Jeju Island(III).
- Jeju Development Institute, 2012, Jeju water, 50.
- Jeju Special Self-Governing Province, 2013a, Water resources management master plan.
- Ahn, S. S., Park, D. I., Oh, Y. H., 2013, Characteristics of ground water capture zone according to pumping rate, Journal of Environmental Sciences International, 22(7), 895-903. https://doi.org/10.5322/JESI.2013.22.7.895
- Han, J. S., 1999, 3D groundwater model and application, Parkyoungsa.
- Jeju Special Self-Governing Province, 2013b, Ground-water survey yearbook.
- Jung, W. Y., Yang, S. K., 2009, Simulation on runoff of rivers in Jeju Island using SWAT model, Journal of the Environmental Sciences, 18(9), 1045-1055. https://doi.org/10.5322/JES.2009.18.9.1045
- Kang, D. H., Yang, S. I., Kim, T. Y., Park, H. J., Kwon, B. H., 2008, The vriation characteristics of ground-water level with distance from shoreline in the Jeju Island, Journal of Engineering Geology, 18(2), 157-166.
- Kim, B. S., 2011, Study on hydrogeological characteristics of volcanic rocks in Jeju Island, Ph. D. Dissertation, Pusan National University, Korea.
- Kim, M. C., Yang, S. K., Oh, S. T., 2015a, Analysis on groundwater flow according to low permeable layer structure over Seongsan watershed of Jeju Island, Journal of Environmental Sciences International, 24(4), 449-459. https://doi.org/10.5322/JESI.2015.24.4.449
- Kim, N. W., Na, H. N., Chung, I. M., 2013, Simulation of groundwater variation characteristics of Hancheon watershed in Jeju Island using integrated hydrologic modeling, Journal of Environmental Sciences International, 22(5), 515-522. https://doi.org/10.5322/JESI.2013.22.5.515
- Kim, N. W., Chung, I. M., Na, H. N., 2015b, An integrated water budget analysis of oedocheon watershed in Jeju Island, Journal of Environmental Sciences International, 24(4), 471-480. https://doi.org/10.5322/JESI.2015.24.4.471
- Kim, N. W., Chung, I. M., Yoo, S. Y., Lee, J. W., Yang, S. K., 2009, Integrated surface-groundwater analysis in Jeju Island, Journal of Environmental Sciences International, 18(9), 1017-1026. https://doi.org/10.5322/JES.2009.18.9.1017
- Kim, N. W., Kim, Y. J., Chung, I. M., 2015c, Estimation of transmissivity using parameters of groundwater table fluctuation model, Journal of Environmental Sciences International, 24(4), 461-470. https://doi.org/10.5322/JESI.2015.24.4.461
- Lee, J. H., Yang, S. K., Jung, W. Y., Yang, W. S., 2015, Estimation of design rainfall based on climate change scenario in Jeju Island, Journal of Environmental Sciences International, 24(4), 383-391. https://doi.org/10.5322/JESI.2015.24.4.383
- McDonald, M. G., Harbaugh, A. W., 1988, A modular three-dimensional finite-difference groundwater flow model, Techniques of Water-Resources Investigations of the United States Geological Survey.
- Park, N. S., Koh, B. R., Lim, Y. D., 2013, Impacts of fresh and saline groundwater development in Sungsan watershed, Jeju Island, Journal of Korea water Resources Association, 46(7), 783-794. https://doi.org/10.3741/JKWRA.2013.46.7.783
- Song, S. H., Choi, K. J., 2012, An appropriate utilization of agricultural water resources on Jeju Island with climate change(I), J. Soil Groundwater Environ., 17(2), 62-70. https://doi.org/10.7857/JSGE.2012.17.2.062
- Song, S. H., Lee, B. S., Choi, K. J., Kim, J. S., Kim, G. P., 2014, Evaluation of drought effect on groundwater system using groundwater level date in Jeju Island, Journal of Environmental Sciences International, 23(4), 637-647. https://doi.org/10.5322/JESI.2014.4.637
- USGU, 1998, Basic ground-water hydrology.