- Volume 25 Issue 1
We analyzed the characteristics of fog formation in the Gumi Reservoir of Nakdong river with the field observation data for recent 2 years (1 April 2013~31 March 2015) collected by the national institute of meteorological research, KMA. In early morning, we frequently observe the steam rising from the water surface. The fog occurs from adding water vapor into the air. We call the fog as steam fog. Steam fogs occur when cold, dry air mixes with warm, moist air above a water surface. The steam fog appears mainly in autumn under the following conditions; (1) sensible heat is positive values (
Steam fog;Sensible heat;Latent heat;Mountainous wind
- Aguado, E., Burt, J. E., 2001, Weather and climate, Prentice hall press, 90-117.
- Asakura, M., Nita, T., Ninomiya, K., Tachihei, R., Sekine, R., 1992, Meteorological technology investigation of meteorology-, Asakusa Press, 207-211.
- Bang, C. H., 2007, Study on airport visibility and numerical simulation of fog with WRF, Master thesis of Yonsei University.
- Byun, H. R., Lee, D. K., Lee, H. W., 1997, Analysis on the characteristics and predictability of the marine for over and near the East Sea, J. Kor. Meteor. Soc., 33, 41-62.
- Choi, H., 2001, Numerical prediction on fog formation affected by the Yellow Sea and mountain, J. Kor. Meteor. Soc., 37, 261-282.
- Choi, J. H., Lee, S. H., 2003, Study on the fog forecast methods with data minning technique, Data Base Research, 19, 89-100.
- Harami, K., 1969, On the steam fog in the Japan sea, Umi and Sora, 44, 9-15.
- Jeon, B. I., Kim, I. G., Lee, Y. M., 2002, A change of local meteorological environment according to dam construction of Nakdong river 1. meteoro-logical data analysis before and after dam construction, J. Environ. Sci., 13, 161-168.
- Kim, H. D., 1997, Numerical experiment on the sea-fog formation at the East coast of korean peninsula in early summer, J. Kor. Meteor. Soci., 33, 337-348.
- Kim, M. O., 1998, Characteristics on the marine distribution near Korean peninsula, master thesis of Chonnam University.
- Kim, H. D., 2003, Study on the long-term change of urban climate in Daegu, J. Environ. Sci., 12, 697-704.
- Kodama, Y., 1995, Physical processes of low clouds in Yamase event, Meteorological research note published by Meteorological Society of Japan, 183, 49-66.
- Kondo, J., 1994, Hydro-meteorology, Asakusa Press. 161.
- Kondo, J., 1999, Boundary layer meteorology: (III) Heat budget and meteorology, Tenki, 46, 769-777.
- Korea Meteorological Administration, 2012, Observation base study on the mechanism of fog occurrence, Seoul, Korea.
- Lee, K. M., 2010, Study on the characteristics of fog occurrence and its prediction methods in Chung-cheong region, Master thesis of Gongju University.
- Lee, S. H., Kim, H. D., 2010, Modification of nocturnal drainage flow due to urban surface heat flux, A-P J. Atmos. Sci., 46, 453-465. https://doi.org/10.1007/s13143-010-0026-z
- Okawa, T., 2003, Fogs of Okhotsk sea and Yamase event in Hokaido, Meteorological research note published by Meteorological Society of Japan, 214, 47-73.
- Park, M. H., Kim, H. D., 2007, A study on the characteristics of urban dryness in Daegu, J. Environ. Sci., 16, 171-178.
- Park, J. S., Lim, Y. K, Kim, K. R., Cho, C. B., Jang, J. Y., Kang, M. S., Kim, B.J., 2015, Atmospheric characteristics of fog incidents at the Nakdong river: Case study in Gangjeong-Goryung weir, J. Environ. Sci. Inter., 24, 657-670. https://doi.org/10.5322/JESI.2015.24.5.657
- Pilie, R. J., Mack, E. J., Kocmond, W. C., Rogers, C. W., Eadie, W. J., 1975, The life cycle of valley fog. Part I: Micro-meteorological characteristics, J. Appli. Meteor., 14, 347-363. https://doi.org/10.1175/1520-0450(1975)014<0347:TLCOVF>2.0.CO;2
- Sawai, T., 1993, On the condition and predictability of fog formation, Technical note on the forecast, Japan Meteo. Agency, Tokyo, Japan, 13-24.
- Shiota, T., 1980, An Investigation of the natures and causes of fog formation over Bisan-Seto Sea area, Umi and Sora, 55, 69-77.
- Yamamoto, G., Kondo, J., 1968, Evaporation from Lake Nojiri, J. Meteor. Soci. of Japan, 46, 166-177. https://doi.org/10.2151/jmsj1965.46.3_166
- Yoo, J. M., Kim, Y. M., Ahn, M. H., Kim, Y. S., Chung, C. Y., 2005, Characteristics of MODIS satellite data during fog occurrence near the Incheon international airport, J. Kor. Earth Sci. Soc., 26, 149-159.
Supported by : 국립기상연구소