- Volume 53 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
NOTES ON A QUESTION RAISED BY E. CALABI
- Euh, Yunhee (Division of Mathematical Models National Institute for Mathematical Sciences) ;
- Sekigawa, Kouei (Department of Mathematics Faculty of Science Niigata University)
- Received : 2014.12.15
- Published : 2016.01.31
We show that any orthogonal almost complex structure on a warped product Riemannian manifold of an oriented closed surface with nonnegative Gaussian curvature and a round 4-sphere is never integrable. This provides a partial answer to a question raised by E. Calabi.
orthogonal complex structure;warped product;curvature identity
- R. L. Bishop and B. O'Neill, Manifolds of negative curvature, Trans. Amer. Math. Soc. 145 (1969), 1-49. https://doi.org/10.1090/S0002-9947-1969-0251664-4
- E. Calabi, Construction and properties of some 6-dimensional almost complex manifold, Trans. Amer. Math. Soc. 87 (1958), 407-438.
- Y. Euh and K. Sekigawa, Orthogonal almost complex structures on the Riemannian products of even-dimensional round spheres, J. Korean Math. Soc. 50 (2013), no. 2, 231-240. https://doi.org/10.4134/JKMS.2013.50.2.231
- A. Gray, Curvature identities for Hermitian and almost Hermitian manifolds, Tohoku Math. J. 28 (1976), no. 4, 601-612. https://doi.org/10.2748/tmj/1178240746
- S. Salamon, Harmonic and holomorphic maps, Geometry Seminar, "Luigi Bianchi" II-1984, 161-224, Lecture Notes in Math. 1164, Springer-Verlag, 1985.
- K. Sekigawa, Almost Hermitian structures on twistor bundles, Proceedings of the Ra-manujan Centennial International Conference (Annamalainagar, 1987), 127-136, RMS Publ., 1, Ramanujan Math. Soc., Annamalainagar, 1988.
- W. A. Sutherland, A note on almost complex and weakly complex structures, J. London Math. Soc. 40 (1965), 705-712.