- Volume 44 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Lateral Load Performance Evaluation of Larch Glulam Portal Frames Using GFRP-Reinforced Laminated Plate and GFRP Rod
GFRP 보강적층판 및 GFRP rod를 이용한 낙엽송 집성재 문형라멘 구조의 수평가력 성능평가
Jung, Hong-Ju;Song, Yo-Jin;Lee, In-Hwan;Hong, Soon-Il
- Received : 2015.09.23
- Accepted : 2015.10.30
- Published : 2016.01.25
The evaluation of the lateral load performance for larch glulam portal frames was carried out using glass fiber reinforced plastic (GFRP) as connector in two different systems: the GFRP-reinforced laminated plates combined with veneer, and GFRP rod joints glued with epoxy resins to replace usual metal connectors for the structural glulam rahmen joints. As a result the yield strength, ultimate strength, initial stiffness of glulams of GFRP rod joints glued with epoxy resin decreased to 49%, 52% and 61% compared to those of the conventional metal connector. This connector will be a stress device where the bonding strength between the GFRP rod and glued laminated timber is important. Thus, there will be a high possibility that a problem may occur when it is applied to the field. On the other hand, the GFRP-reinforced laminated plates and wood (Eucalyptus marginata) pin were measured all within 3% for all measurements of the yield strength, ultimate strength, initial strength and ductility factor, regardless of high cross sectional loss on the glued laminated timber slit joint. In addition, the variation of stiffness on the cycle was 35%, which was the lowest, confirming that it was almost the same performance as the specimen prepared with the metal connector.
timber portal frame;structural glulam;joints;glass fiber reinforced plastic;lateral resisting performance
- Hwang, K.H., Park, J.S., & Park, M.J. 2007. Shear Performance of Post and Beam Construction by Pre-Cut Process. Journal of the Korean Wood Science and Technology 35(6): 1-12.
- Kasal, B., Heiduschke, A., Kadla, J., Haller, P. 2004. Laminated timber frames with composite fibre- reinforced connections. Progress in Structural Engineering and Materials 6(2): 84-93. https://doi.org/10.1002/pse.173
- Kasal, B., Pospisil, S., Jirovsky, I., Heiduschke, A., Drdacky, M., Haller, P. 2004. Seismic performance of laminated timber frames with fiberreinforced joints. Earthquake engineering & structural dynamics 33(5): 633-646. https://doi.org/10.1002/eqe.368
- Kim, S.C., Yang, I.S., Moon, Y.J. 2007. Experimental Study on the Behavior of Joints Consisting Structural Laminated Timber and H Section Steel under Cyclic Loading. Journal of the Architectural Institute of Korea Structure & Construction 23(2): 27-34.
- Kim, K.H., Song, Y.J., Hong, S.I. 2013. Shear Strength of Reinforced Glulam-bolt Connection by Glass Fiber Combination. Journal of the Korean Wood Science and Technology 41(1): 51-57. https://doi.org/10.5658/WOOD.2013.41.1.51
- Lee, I.H., Song, Y.J., Jung, H.J., Hong, S.I. 2015. Moment Resistance Performance Evaluation of Larch Glulam Joint Bonded in Glass Fiber Reinforced Plastic Rods. Journal of the Korean Wood Science and Technology 43(1): 60-67. https://doi.org/10.5658/WOOD.2015.43.1.60
- Madhoushi, M., Ansell, M.P. 2008. Behaviour of timber connections using glued-in GFRP rods under fatigue loading. Part II: Moment-resisting connections. Composites Part B: Engineering 39(2): 249-257. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compositesb.2006.11.002
- Naoyuki, I., Wataru, K., Benitez, G.A. 2010. The developement of the rigid frame wooden house structure jointed with glued-in hardwood dowels. In 11th World Conference on Timber Engineering 2010 Conference Proceedings Vol. 1, No. S 40.
- Beak, H.S., Iimura, Y., Imai F. 2010. Experimental Study on the Cyclic Behavior of Moment-Resisting Timber Frames Connected by Threaded Steel Shaft and Drift Pin. Journal of the Architectural Institute of Korea Structure & Construction 26(12): 11-18.
- Blab, H.J., Schadle, P. 2011. Ductility aspects of reinforced and non-reinforced timber joints. Engineering Structures 33(11): 3018-3026. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.engstruct.2011.02.001
- Pedersen, M. 2002. Dowel type timber connection. PhD Thesis, Technical University of Denmark.
- Santos, C.L., de Jesus, A.M., Morais, J.J., Fontoura, B.F. 2013. An experimental comparison of strengthening solutions for dowel-type wood connections. Construction and Building Materials 46: 114-127. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.conbuildmat.2013.03.021
Supported by : 한국연구재단