- Volume 44 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Moment Resistance Performance Evaluation of Larch Glulam Joints using GFRP-reinforced Laminated Plate and GFRP Rod
GFRP 보강적층판 및 GFRP rod를 이용한 낙엽송 집성재 접합부의 모멘트저항 성능평가
- Received : 2015.08.20
- Accepted : 2015.09.11
- Published : 2016.01.25
Instead of metal connector generally used on the structural glued laminated timber rahmen joints, the GFRP reinforced laminated plates combining veneer and GFRP (Glass Fiber Reinforced Plastic) and bonded type GFRP rod were used as the connectors. As a result of moment resistance performance evaluation on the joint part applied with these connectors, the yield moment of specimen using the GFRP reinforced laminated plates and GFRP rod pin was measured 4 % lower in comparison to the specimen (Type-1) using the metal connectors, but the initial rotational stiffness was measured 29% higher. Also, the yield moment and rotational stiffness of the specimen using the GFRP-reinforced laminated plates and wood (Eucalyptus marginata) pin showed were measured 11% and 56% higher in comparison to the Type-1 specimen, showing the best performance. It was also confirmed through the failure shape and perfect elasto-plasticity analysis that it showed ductility behavior, not brittle fracture, from the shear resisting force by the pin and the bonding strength increased and the unification of member was carried out. On the other hand, in case of the specimen bonded with GFRP rod, it was impossible to measure the bonding performance or it was measured very low due to poor bonding.
structural glulam;timber frame;moment resisting joints;glass fiber reinforced plastic;glass fiber reinforced plastic rod;adhesive
- Beak, H.S., Iimura, Y. 2009. Development of Moment Resisting Joints Using Threaded Steel Shaft and Drift Pin. Journal of the Architectural Institute of Korea Structure & Construction 25(8): 61-69.
- Hwang, K.H., Park, J.S., Park, M.J. 2007. Shear Performance of Post and Beam Construction by Pre-Cut Process. Journal of the Korean Wood Science and Technology 35(6): 1-12.
- Kasal, B., Heiduschke, A., Kadla, J., Haller, P. 2004. Laminated timber frames with composite fibrereinforced connections. Progress in Structural Engineering and Materials 6(2): 84-93. https://doi.org/10.1002/pse.173
- Kasal, B., Pospisil, S., Jirovsky, I., Heiduschke, A., Drdacky, M., Haller, P. 2004. Seismic performance of laminated timber frames with fiberreinforced joints. Earthquake engineering & structural dynamics 33(5): 633-646. https://doi.org/10.1002/eqe.368
- Kim, S.C., Yang, I.S., Moon, Y.J. 2007. Experimental Study on the Behavior of Joints Consisting Structural Laminated Timber and H Section Steel under Cyclic Loading. Journal of the Architectural Institute of Korea Structure & Construction 23(2): 27-34.
- Kim, K.H., Song, Y.J., Hong, S.I. 2013. Shear Strength of Reinforced Glulam-bolt Connection by Glass Fiber Combination. Journal of the Korean Wood Science and Technology 41(1): 51-57. https://doi.org/10.5658/WOOD.2013.41.1.51
- Larsen, H.J., Jensen, J.L. 2000. Influence of semirigidity of joints on the behaviour of timber structures. Progress in Structural Engineering and Materials 2(3): 267-277. https://doi.org/10.1002/1528-2716(200007/09)2:3<267::AID-PSE34>3.0.CO;2-Q
- Lee, I.H., Song, Y.J., Jung, H.J., Hong, S.I. 2015. Moment Resistance Performance Evaluation of Larch Glulam Joint Bonded in Glass Fiber Reinforced Plastic Rods. Journal of the Korean Wood Science and Technology 43(1): 60-67. https://doi.org/10.5658/WOOD.2015.43.1.60
- Madhoushi, M., Ansell, M.P. 2008. Behaviour of timber connections using glued-in GFRP rods under fatigue loading. Part II: Moment-resisting connections. Composites Part B: Engineering 39(2): 249-257. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compositesb.2006.11.002
- Naoyuki, I., Wataru, K., Benitez, G.A. 2010. The developement of the rigid frame wooden house structure jointed with glued-in hardwood dowels. In 11th World Conference on Timber Engineering 2010 Conference Proceedings Vol. 1, No. S 40.
- Pedersen, M. 2002. Dowel type timber connection. PhD Thesis, Technical University of Denmark.
Supported by : 한국연구재단