- Volume 21 Issue 1
In this paper, we propose vehicle SoC fault diagnosis platform using FlexRay protocol in order to detect the faults of semiconductor control chip even after vehicle production. Before FlexRay protocol by sending NFI (Null Frame Indicator) bit among the header segment and a specific identifier in the payload segment of FlexRay frame, this technique can be distinguishable from normal mode and test mode. By using this technique, it is possible to detect the faults such as performance degradation of vehicle network system caused by the aging or several problems of vehicle semiconductor chip. Also high reliability and safety of vehicle can be maintained by using structural test for vehicle SoC fault detection.
FlexRay Protocol;Null Frame Indicator;IEEE 1149.1;FPGA;BIST;Structural test
- K. H. Kim, "Issue in Focus : Automotive Semiconductors", Journal of the Korea Society of Automotive Engineers, Vol. 33, No. 8, pp. 93-97, Aug. 2011. https://doi.org/10.4491/KSEE.2011.33.2.093
- S. Y. Kang, J. H. Jung, "Automobile Reliability Improvement Technique Using FlexRay Protocol", The Institute of Electronics Engineers of Korea Conference Fall, Vol. 2013, No. 11, pp. 697-700, Nov. 2013.
- J. H. Cho, Y. Jungm, "An Implementation of automotive development methodology based on ISO 26262," The Korean Society of Automotive Engineers Conference, Vol. 2010, No. 11, pp. 2052-2059, Nov. 2010.
- IEC 61508, "Functional safety of electrical / electronic / programmable Electronic safety-related systems", Part 1 - Part 6 IEC, 1998
- ISO 26262 1st Ed., Part 1-9, Nov. 2011.
- E.B. Eichelberger and T.W. Williams, "A Logic Design Structure for Testability", Proceedings, DAC, 1977, pp 462-468
- T. Herpel, B. Kloiber, R. German and S. Fey, "Routing of Safety-Relevant Messages in Automotive ECU Networks" IEEE 70th Vehicular Technology Conference Fall, pp.1-5, Sept 2009.
- Hybus, "16bit Freescale S12XF-based Microcontroller Design and Application", Apr. 2010.
- Mathias Rausch , "Flexray : Grundlagen, Funktionsweise, Anwendung", Tans. Kun-Yong Lee and Jin-Woo Lee, Smart&Company. Ltd, Jan. 2013.
- FlexRay Consortium, "FlexRay Communications System Protocol Specification Version 2.1 Revision A", Apr. 2005.
- Sato Michio, Doo-Hee Lee, "Automobile Network System (Korean edition)", Trans, Do-Hee Lee, SungAnDang Co., Jan. 2010.
- IEEE Standard Association Home Page. IEEE Std. 1149.1(IEEE Standard Test Access Port and Boundary Scan Architecture).
연구 과제번호 : Development of system-level fault detection method and international standard to secure
연구 과제 주관 기관 : KEIT