- Volume 58 Issue 1
This study was conducted by the slump test and the consistency test of the fiber mixed soil which is soil reinforced with fiber as a reinforced material to investigate and estimate the difficulty degree of work and the proper water content. So I would like to present the fundamental data that establishes the work standard of the fiber mixed soil. In conclusion, in this study the slump value of the fiber mixed soil increases over-all according to the increase of the water content although it has a little difference of the increase range and it is smaller than one of the soil. It is estimated that the aggregating and throwing work of the fiber mixed soil would be fine when it has the about 25 % water content and the wall and floor plastering work is the about 30 % ~ 35 % and the flowing and pouring work is the about 40 % water content as well as the mold compacting work is the about 20 %. There is no decreasing of the workability when the soil is reinforced by the fiber because the workability characteristics of the fiber mixed soil is similar to the one of the soil. Therefore, It is estimated that using the fiber as a reinforced material of soil would be appropriate for the construction.
Fiber-Mixed Soil;Slump test;Consistency test;Water content;Workability characteristics
- Choi. J. W. (2001), "Strength properties of fiber mixed soil", A thesis for the degree of Master, Kyungpook National University, 1-40. (In Korean)
- Kim, S. B., J. H. Im, J. H. Oh, and S. H. Lee (2005), Construction Materials, Kimoondang, 126-128. (In Korean)
- Kim, S. C., and S. H. Lee (2005), "Strength Characteristics of fiber-Mixed Soil", Journal of the Korean Society of Agricultural Engineers, 47(3): 49-56. (In Korean)
- Lee, J. H., C. Kim, T. K. Kim, and D. M. Kim (2008), "A Case Analysis on the Brickworks and Plastering Works of the Earth Construction according to the Periodical Perspective", Journal of the KIEAE, 3-9. (In Korean)
- Lee, S. H., J. H. Kim and S. C. Kim (2006), "Workability Characteristics of fiber-Mixed Soil for Architecture", Journal of the Korean Society of Agricultural Engineers, 48(4): 15-22. (In Korean) https://doi.org/10.5389/KSAE.2006.48.4.015
- Moon, J. G. (1987) "Fiber Reinforced Concrete", Journal of the Korean Society of Civil Engineers, 35(1): 17-23. (In Korean)
- Pierre Clement (1979), Construire en terre, CRATerre, France., 8-87.
- Won, J. P., C. G. Park, and T. S. An, (1999), "Shrinkage Cracking and Durability Characteristics of Polypropylene Fiber Reinforced Concrete", Journal of the Korean Society of Civil Engineers, 19(I-5): 783-790. (In Korean)
Supported by : Kyungpook National University