- Volume 58 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Assessment on Design Applicability of Analysis of the Undrained Shear Strength in Korea Coastal Marine Clay
국내 해성점토의 비배수 전단강도 분석을 통한 설계 적용성 평가
- Received : 2015.12.14
- Accepted : 2016.01.25
- Published : 2016.01.30
This study performed the physical and mechanical experiment on the samples of costal marine clays individually collected in western and southern regions to identify the characteristics of western and southern costal marine clay. Based on the experiment result, the characteristics of costal marine clay is identified undrained shear strength. Based on the experiment result on the physical and mechanical characteristics of costal marine clays, the regression is presented that can analyze the mechanical characteristics of undrained shear strength in costal marine clay of Korea, region of Korea and western-southern region. The correlation of uniaxial compressive strength and undrained shear strength was suitable for use of western-southern region correlation equation. The test result of Jeonnam Yeosu area compares with prediction results of previous researchers formula and western-southern region formula. Prediction results appear highest reliability on the 0.827 of coefficient of determination in the prediction results of the western-southern region formula.
Marine clay;Undrained shear strength;Linear regression;Non-linear regression
- Heo, Y., S. W. Kwon, C. K. Lee and W. S. Bae, 2010a. Analysis on the Relationship of Geotechnical Strength Parameters in the Marine Clay. Journal of the Korean Geoenvironmental Society, 11(7):33-43 (in Korean).
- Heo, Y., S. W. Kwan, S. B. Gang and S. H. Park, 2010b. Analysis on the Physical Properties of Gwangyang Marine Clay. Journal of the Korean Geoenvironmental Society, 11(12): 63-74 (in Korean).
- Kim, H. T., 1999. A study on the use of soft soils as a fill material, 35-38. Ansan-si Gyeonggi: Korean Rural Community Corporation (in Korean).
- Kim, M. H., 2015. Engineering Characteristics of Western and Southern Costal Marine Clay in Korea. Ph.D. diss., Chungbuk Cheongju, Ind.: Chungbuk National University (in Korean).
- Sharma, B. and Bora P.K., 2003., Plastic Limi, Liquid Limit and Undrained Shear Strength of Soil-Reappraisal. J. Geotech. Geoenviron. Eng. 197: 774-777.
- Skempton, A. W., 1957. Discussion: further data on the c/p ratio in normally consolidated clays. Proc. Inst. Civil Eng. 7(2): 305-307.
- Trauner, L., B. Dolinar, and M. Misic, 2005. Relationship between the Undrained Shear Strength, Water Content, and Mineralogical Properties of Fine-Grained Soils. Int. J. Geomech., 5(4): 350-355. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)1532-3641(2005)5:4(350)
- Xin Kang, Site Onyejekwe, Louis Ge and Richard Stephenson, 2011. Spatial Variation and Correlation between Undrained Shear Strength and Plasticity Index. Geo-Frontiers, ASCE., 2631-2639.
- Choi, W. J. 2008., Consolidation Characteristics of Cohesive Soil. Ph.D. diss., Jeonbuk Iksan, Ind.: Wonkwang University (in Korean).
- Choi, B. H., 2013. An experimental study on the engineering characteristics of low plastic clays in Tae-An region. Ph.D. diss., Seoul , Ind.: University of Seoul (in Korean).
- Hansbo, S., 1994. Foundation Engineering, Elsevier Science B.V. Amsterdam, The Netherlands. 89-91.