- Volume 17 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
A Study on Composition and Application of Risk Management Planning and Procedure for Successful Overseas Construction Projects - Based on the PRINCE2 Methodology in the UK -
성공적인 해외 건설 프로젝트 수행을 위한 리스크 관리 계획·절차 구축 및 활용 방안에 대한 연구 - 영국의 사업관리 기법인 PRINCE2를 기반으로 -
Kang, Sinbong;Kim, Seungchul
- Received : 2015.11.14
- Accepted : 2015.12.01
- Published : 2016.01.31
Risk management is an important element for successful management of overseas construction projects. This study reports a case study in which we proposed a risk management planning and procedure for plant construction which can be applied throughout the project life cycle. We analyzed the risk management practices of Korean construction companies by applying the concept of the PRINCE2 method developed in the UK, and proposed a risk management planning and procedure with organizational structure and working process. The suggested risk management planning and procedure was applied to an overseas plant construction project, and produced good results. It is believed that the procedure suggested here can also be aplied to other companies to enhance the competency in the global construction market.
Risk management planning and procedure;Plant construction;PRINCE2;Global construction
- Bent Flyvbjerg, Nils Bruzelius, Werner Rothengatter (2003). "Mega Project and Risk."
- Choi, J., Choi, S., and Han, S., (2011). "A Study for Verification the Experienced Effects in Overseas Construction Project, Proceedings of KICEM Annual Conference, KICEM, 14, pp. 267-268.
- Engineering News Record (2001-2010). McGraw-Hill.
- Han, S. (2009). "How to manage Overseas Construction Project (The Tendency and Vision)" Korean Journal of Construction Engineering and Management, KICEM, 10(4).
- Han, S., and Kim, D., (2006). "A Study on Profits Estimation Model based on Risk Analysis in Overseas Constriction Project", The Journal of Korean Society of Civil Engineers, 26(4D), pp. 635-647.
- Kim, S. (2013). "Introduction to Global Project Management Methodology (Lecture Note)"
- Lee, G., Choi, J., and Han, S., (2010)."Implication deduction on Comparison analysis for overseas sales between global company and domestic company" Proceedings of KICEM Annual Conference, KICEM, 10, pp. 269-271.
- Overseas Construction Publisher (2012). Overseas Project Working Manual.
- Office of Government Commerce (2009). "Managing Successful Projects with PRINCE2 2009 Edition Manual".
- Improvement of Global Construction Engineer Training Program : An Importance-Satisfaction Analysis vol.17, pp.6, 2016, https://doi.org/10.6106/KJCEM.2016.17.6.031