- Volume 5 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
A Study on a Method of Selecting Variant Groups to be Reviewed for LGR (Label Generation Rule) of Internet Top-Level Hanja Domain
인터넷 최상위 한자 도메인의 국제 생성 규칙(LGR)을 위한 검토 대상 이체자 묶음 선정 방안 연구
- Received : 2015.10.16
- Accepted : 2015.12.07
- Published : 2016.01.31
This paper discusses a method of selecting variant groups to be reviewed for LGR (Label Generation Rule) of Internet Top-Level Hanja Domain. The most difficult problem in setting up LGR of Internet Top-Level Hanja Domain is how to treat Hanja variants. If domains containing variants (e.g.: 東海國) are directed to different addresses, confusion will arise. Therefore, it is desirable that such domains are directed to the same address. Since variant groups of Korea and China are not same, we need to unify variant groups of Korea and China. In the process of reviewing 3093 Chinese variant groups, the author found that Korea does not need to review Chinese variant groups which include no or just one Korean Hanja character. Korea only need to review Chinese variant groups which include two or more Korean Hanja characters. By doing so, the author could reduce the number of Chinese variant groups to be reviewed by Korea from 3093 to 303, which is only one-tenth of the original number of Chinese variant groups. After Korea finishes reviewing 303 Chinese variant groups selected according to the method suggested in this paper, the job of setting up LGR of Internet Top-Level Hanja domain will be accelerated by negotiating with China.
Variant Group;Hanja;Label Generation Rule;Top-Level Domain;Korea-China
- Guidelines for Developing Script-Specific Label Generation Rules for Integration into the Root Zone LGR [Internet], https://www.icann.org/en/system/files/files/Guidelines-for-LGR-20150424.pdf.
- Procedure to Develop and Maintain the Label Generation Rules for the Root Zone in Respect of IDNA Labels [Internet], https://www.icann.org/en/system/files/files/lgr-procedure-20mar13-en.pdf.
- K. Konishi, K. Juang, H. Qian, and Y. Ko. RFC 3743, Joint Engineering Team (JET) Guidelines for Internationalized Domain Names (IDN) Registration and Administration for Chinese, Japanese, and Korean. Apr., 2004.
- X. Lee, W. Mao, E. Chen, N. Hsu, and J. Klensin. RFC 4713, Registration and Administration Recommendations for Chinese Domain Names, Oct., 2006.
- CDNC Chinese Domain Name Consortium [Internet], http://www.cdnc.org/english/introduction/index.html.
- ISO/IEC 10646, Information technology - Universal Coded Character Set (UCS).
- The Whole Table of Simplified Characters (簡化字 總表), 1964, China Character Reform Committee, China Ministry of Culture, China Ministry of Education [Internet], http://www.china-language.gov.cn/wenziguifan/managed/002.htm.
- CGP MSS 20150430 (Chinese repertoire of 12563 Hanzi characters and variants, 2015.04.30. Meeting document).
- K-LGR v0.3, Korean repertoire of Hangeul syllables and Hanja characters and variants. Document number klgp171_4. 2015.08.13.
- KIM Kyongsok. Possible errors in C-LGR-1 (2015.04.30.). Document number 165_31. 2015.07.16.