- Volume 26 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
The Comparative Study on the Effect of Motion Style Acupuncture Treatment Using Sandbag in Lumbar Disc Herniation with Low Back Pain: A Randomized Controlled Trial
요통을 동반한 요추 추간판 탈출증 환자에 대한 Sandbag Motion Style Acupuncture Treatment 호전도 비교 연구: 무작위배정 대조군연구
- Huh, Suk-won ;
- Yun, Yong-il ;
- Lee, Dong-hyun ;
- Yoo, Hyung-jin ;
- Jeong, Seong-hyun ;
- Park, Joon ;
- Lee, Hyun-ho ;
- Lee, Seung-hee ;
- Jung, Bum-hwan
- Received : 2015.11.22
- Accepted : 2015.12.09
- Published : 2016.01.31
Objectives The purpose of this study was to compare the effects of MSAT (Motion style acupuncture treatment) using Sandbag regarding low back pain with HIVD of L-SPINE. Methods Forty patients received inpatient treatment from March 16 to May 16, 2015 in the Daejon-Jaseng oriental medicine hospital were divided into 2 groups by blocked randomization: Group A (n=20) is routine treatment on HIVD of L-SPINE with MSAT using Sandbag and Group B (n=20) is routine treatment on HIVD of L-SPINE (acupuncture, Shinbaro pharmacopuncture, herb medication, chuna treatment and physiotherapy). The MSAT (Motion style acupuncture treatment) using Sandbag was administered each day and both groups were received routine treatment each day. Evaluations were made before treatment, after 3 days and 7 days, and before discharge using the NRS (numeric rating scale) and ODI (oswestry disability index). The statistically significance was evaluated by SPSS 22.0 for windows. Results The NRS (numeric rating scale) and ODI (oswestry disability index) of both A and B groups after 3, 7 days and before discharge of treatment significantly decreased (p<0.05). Regarding group comparison, the NRS (numeric rating scale) and ODI (oswestry disability index) of A group was significantly lower than the B group at 3, 7 days, before discharge (p<0.05). Regarding improvement of the NRS (numeric rating scale) and ODI (oswestry disability index), A group was significantly lower than the B group at 3 day (NRS), 7 day (ODI) (p<0.05). There was significant difference between two groups at 7 days (NRS) and before discharge (p<0.05). Conclusions Compared to routine treatment, the MSAT (Mostion style acuputure treatment) using Sandbag significantly improved the NRS (numeric rating scale) and ODI (oswestry disability index) after 3, 7 days, and before discharge. Because early intervention determines the grade of Low back pain with HIVD of L-SPINE, the MSAT (Motion style acupuncture treatment) using Sandbag will be clinically helpful to patients at the early stage.
A randomized controlled trial;MSAT (Motion style acupuncture treatment) using Sandbag;lumbar disc herniation;NRS (numeric rating scale);ODI (oswestry disability index)
- Dept of Rehabilitation Medicine of Korean medicine. Rehabilitation Medicine of Korean medicine. Seoul:Gunja Publisher. 2003:58.
- 巢元方. 巢氏諸病源候論. Sanghae:Soin Publisher.1975:55.
- Saguan. China medicine Great dictionary. Seoul:Kimyoung Publisher. 1977;83:3590.
- Dok-yeong Bang and Seung-ho Yune. Factors Predicting the Result of Nonoperative Treatment of Herniated Lumbar Intervertebral Disc. Department of Rehabilitation Medicine. 1992;16(2):175-81.
- Seung-kyu Oh. The Clinical Study on the Effect of Conservative Treatment for Patients with Herniated Intervertebral Disc of Lumbar Spine. The Journal of Korea CHUNA Manual Medicine 2005;6(1):41-9.
- Min Seop Sin, Jeong Du Roh, Seok Woo Choi, Dong Ho Lee, Bum Yong Song, Tae Han Yook..Clinical Studies on Ruptured Intervertebral Lumbar Discs. The J of Korean Acupuncture & Moxibustion Society. 2001;18(6):84-92.
- Joon-Shik Shin, In-Hyuk Ha, Jinho Lee, Youngkwon Choi, Me-riong Kim, Byoung-Yoon Park, Byung-Cheul Shin, Myeong Soo Lee. Effects of motion style acupuncture treatment in acute low back pain patients with severe disability: A multicenter, randomized, controlled, comparative effectiveness trial. Pain. 2013. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.pain.2013.03.013
- Sung-Youn Shim, Hi-Joon Park, Jun-Mu Lee, Hyang-Sook Lee. An Overview of Pain Measurements. Korean journal of Acupuncture. 2007;24(2):81.
- Fairbank JCT, Davis J, Couper J, O'brien J. The Oswestry Disability Questionnaire. Physiotherapy. 1980;66:271-3.
- Korean neurosurgical society. Neurosurgery. Seuol:Jungang Publisher. 2001;403:471-6.
- Keong-ok Min. Low Back Pain. Seoul:Hyunmoon Publisher. 1991:69-74, 105.
- Su-young Park, Kyung-sik Kim. The overview of Oriental medicine about Herniated Lumbar Interbertebral Disc -Focusing on Donguibogam. The Journal of Korean Oriental Medical Society. 1995;16(1):160-71.
- Won-Sang Park. Jin-Ho Lee, Jong-Min Park, Sung-Yup Jung, Sung-Yong Kim, Joon-Shik Shin. Clinical Study on 2 Cases of Patients of Common Peroneal Nerve Palsy (Foot Drop) Improved by Motion Style Treatment. The Journal of Korea CHUNA Manual Medicine. 2005;6(1):119-26.
- Kim, Kyu-tae.Kwon, Seung-ro.You, Hye-kyung. Case Report of Low Back Pain patient treated with Motion Style Treatment. The Journal of Korea CHUNA Manual Medicine. 2004;5(1):93-100.
- Jae-hee Cho, Hyo-eun Lee, Joo-hyun Song, Ja-young Moon, Myung-jang Lim, In Kang, Hyoung-seok Jang, Young-eun Park. The Clinical Report on 3 cases of the patient of extruded disc Treated with Motion Style Treatment. The Journal of Korea CHUNA Manual Medicine for Spine & Nerves. 2007;2(2):131-40.
- Sang-Hyun Baek, Min-Woo Park,, Kwan-Joon Eom, Seung-Hee Yang, Seung-Yeol Lee. A Case Report on a Patient of Early Developed Avascular Necrosis of Femur Head with lumbar HIVD(Herniated Intervertebral Disc), Treated by Conservative Oriental Medical Treatment Including Hip Joint MST(Motion Style Treatment). The Journal of Korea CHUNA Manual Medicine for Spine & Nerves. 2013;8(2):141-9.
- Ki-yuk Kim, Ki-ha Lee, Wu-young Kim, Hyun-jong Kim, Chang-yeon Kim. The Clinical Report on 3 cases of the patient of lumbar stenosis Treated with Motion Style Treatment. The Journal of Korea CHUNA Manual Medicine for Spine & Nerves. 2008;3(1):29-36.
- Min Seob Ahn, Jin Soo Park, Young Mi Kwon, Min Cheol Park, Hyun Ju Yang, Ji Ho Jung, Sang Eon Lee, Seon Hye Eun, Ga Young Park, Eun Heui Jo. The Relationship between Reduction of Muscluloskeletal Pain and Quality of Life Treated with Korean Traditiona Medicine. The J of Korean Acupuncture & Moxibustion Society. 2010.
- Suk-won Huh, Chul-woo Choi, Dong-hyun Lee, Hyung-jin Yoo, Yong-il Yun, Han-bit Lim, Yun-jae Jeong, Dong-Hwan Kim. Comparison of Effects between MSAT on piriformis muscle and Non-MSAT on piriformis muscle in patients with HLD with Leg radiating pain : A Retrospective Analysis. Rahabilitaion medicine of Korean Medicine. 2014;24(3):131-8.
- Ki-joong Kang. Changes of Lumbar so kinetic Muscular Function after 12-week-Muscular Strengthening Program in Male Middle School Soccer Player. Department of Physical Education Graduate School KwanDong University Supervised by Professor Jong-hoon Park. 2011.
- Hyeok-Joon Kwon, Young-Hoi Park. Clinical Study for Patients with Lumbar Disc Herniation on Change of Magnetic Resonance Imaging at One Year after Conservative Treatment. Rahabilitaion medicine of Korean Medicine. 2011;21(2):253-63.
- Hyeok-Joon Kwon, Hae-Chan Jeong, Ho-Jun Kim, Young-Hoi Park, Dong-Ho Keum, Myeong-Jong Lee. Clinical Study for Patients with Lumbar Disc Herniation on Change of Magnetic Resonanse Imaging after Conservative Treatment. Rahabilitaion medicine of Korean Medicine. 2009;19(3):81-90.
- Won-Sang Park, In-Hyuk Ha, Hyeok-Joon Kwon, In Woo, You-Suk Youn, Joo-Hyun Song. MRI Follow-up Study of 4 Lumbar HIVD Patients after Conservative Oriental Medical Treatment. Rahabilitaion medicine of Korean Medicine. 2007;17(4):269-80.