- Volume 26 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
The Study on Correlation between Abdominal Fat Area and Obesity Index, Metabolic Syndrome Components in Obese Adult Women
복부지방면적과 비만지표, 대사증후군 구성요소와의 상관성 연구
- Ki, Sung-Hoon (Department of Korean Rehabilitation Medicine, College of Korean Medicine, Gachon University) ;
- Ye, Sung Ae (Department of Korean Rehabilitation Medicine, College of Korean Medicine, Gachon University) ;
- Song, Yun Kyung (Department of Korean Rehabilitation Medicine, College of Korean Medicine, Gachon University)
- Received : 2016.01.17
- Accepted : 2016.01.22
- Published : 2016.01.31
Objectives The waist circumference has been known as an obesity index reflecting the visceral fat. This study was conducted to investigate the obesity index of what can be predicted visceral fat obesity. Methods 121 test subjects who have
- Kawadoki T,Yamauchi T. Adiponectin and adiponectin receptors. Endocrine Reviews. 2005:26(3):439-51. https://doi.org/10.1210/er.2005-0005
- T. Yamauchi, J. Kamon, H. Waki1, Y. Terauchi, N. Kubota1, K. Hara1, Y. Mori, T. Ide, K. Murakami, N. Tsuboyama-Kasaoka, O. Ezaki, Y. Akanuma et al. The fat-derived hormone adiponectin reverses insulin resistance associated with both lipoatrophy and obesity. Nat Med. 2001;7(8):941-6. https://doi.org/10.1038/90984
- Sat Byul Park, Kyu Wol Yun1, Sung Jin Cho. Expression of Adipokines in Obese Adult and Correlation with Psychosocial Factors. The Korean J of Obesity. 2005; 14(2):82-93.
- Kim JY,Shin HW, Jeong IK et al. The relationship of adiponectin, Leptin and ghrelin to insulin resistance and cardiovascular risk factors in human obesity. Korean J Med. 2005;69(6):631-41.
- Jean Pierre Despres, Isabelle Lemieux, Jean Bergeron, Pilippe Piberot et al. Abdominal Obesity and the Metabolic Syndrome: Contribution to Global Cardiometabolic Risk. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 2008; 28: 1039-49. https://doi.org/10.1161/ATVBAHA.107.159228
- Albert KG, Zimmet P, Shaw J. The metabolic syndrome-a new world wide definition. Lancet. 2005;366: 1059-62. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0140-6736(05)67402-8
- HS Park. Epidemioligy of Metabolic syndrome in Korean Adult. The Korean J of Obesity. 2002;11(3): 203-11.
- SM Kim, SS Kim, SJ Youn, KW Shim, HJ Choi, KM Kim, DJ Lee. The Korean J of Obesity. What is The Best Simple Anthropometric idexes of Abdominal Visceral Fat in Obese Patients?. 1998;7(2):157-68.
- SH Choi, DJ Kim, KE Lee, YM Kim, YD Song, HD Kim, CW Ahn, BS Cha, KB Huh, HC Lee. Cut-off Value of Waist Circumference for Metabolic Syndrome Patients in Korean Adult Population. The Korean J of Obesity. 2004;13(1):53-60.
- Matsuzawa Y. Pathophysiology and molecular mechanism of visceral fat syndrome: The Japanese Experience. Ann NY Aca Sci. 1987; 676:270-8.
- MS Lee, HS Nho. Characteristics of Lipid Metabolism during and after a Bout of Prolonged Exercise in Two Types of Obese Women. Korean Journal of Sport Science. 2005;16(2):64-73.
- JH Kang KA Kim, YG Cho, JY Chun, OH Kim. Effect of Visceral Obesity for Patients with Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus. The Korean J of Obesity. 2006;15(4): 175-86.
- Ashwell M, Gunn P, Gibson S. Waist-to-height ratio is a better screening tool than waist circumference and BMI for adult cardio-metabolic risk factors: systematic review and meta-analysis. Obes Rev. 2012;13:275-86. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1467-789X.2011.00952.x
- JM Kim, MK Back, SH Ju, MY Shin, MJ Kim, YH Park, KI Park, KH Joung, HJ Kim, BJ Ku. Validation of Waist-to-Height Ratio for Predicting Metabolic Syndrome in Patients with Prediabetes. Korean J Obes 2015 March;24(1):36-43. https://doi.org/10.7570/kjo.2015.24.1.36
- JY Lim, YK Song, HH Lim. The Association Between Visceral Fat Area and Obesity Index. J Korean Rehab Med. 2011;21(4).167-179.
- JS Yoo, YK Song, HH Lim. The Study on Association between Abdominal Visceral Fat and Obesity Indices in Obese Adult.J Korean Rehab Med. 2010;20(2).129-143.
- SY Lee, SW Oh et al. As a predictor of cardiovascular disease risk factors, body mass index and waist circumference Usefulness: Comparison between countries. Korean J Health Promot Dis Pre. 2005;2:97-113.
- IDF Press Conference-Berlin 14/04/05 (2005) Backgrounder 1: The IDF consensus worldwide definition of thr metabolic syndrome. Available from: URL:http://www.idf.org/webdata/docs/IDF_Metasyndrome_definition.pdf.
- YH Kim, SW Ou, YS Kim, JH Chun, YJ Yang, YS Yoon, ES Lee. The Factors Affecting the Fat Distribution in the Abdomen of Obese Women. The Korean J of Obesity. 2005;14(1):39-46.