- Volume 6 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
A Study on Strategic Approach to Expand Korean e-Government Export
한국 전자정부 해외진출 확대를 위한 전략적 접근방향에 관한 연구
- Received : 2015.11.25
- Accepted : 2015.12.24
- Published : 2016.01.31
The purpose of this study is to suggest strategic approach to expand Korean e-government export. Korean e-government was evaluated as a top level by UN electronic government survey 2014. However its export is very limited. This study reviews the literature related to e-government, and analyze existing Korean e-government export. The results of this analysis are as follows: lack of a law related e-government export, decentralized organizations, insufficient export process, lack of e-government solution for sale, limited funds, deficiency of cooperation between large and small enterprises. This study suggests a strategic approach such as to clarify the purpose of e-government export, to decide government or civilian-oriented export, to establish driving strategy, to improve and develop e-government export related areas. There are many ways for improvement and development of e-government export as follows: to enact a basic law or to revise the e-government law, to integrate functions of separated organizations and establish control tower, to improve export process, to build information sharing system, to develop standardized solution module, and to expand fund to support. The author expects that this paper will contribute to enhance Korean e-government export.
e-Government;e-Government Export;Export;Strategic Approach
- Homburg, V. (2008), Understanding E-Government: Information System in Public Administration, New York: Routledge.
- Hwangbo, Y. (2010), A Study on Korean Information Communication and e-Government Export, Paper presented at Summer Meeting of The Korean Association for Policy Analysis and Evaluation, Seoul, 47-54.
- Jeon, Hyung C. (2013), e-Government standard framework and IT services global company competitive plan, The Journal of The Korean Institute of Communication Science, 30(9), 72-77.
- Jung, Chung S. (2015), The Theory of Electronic Government, Seoul: Seoul Economic Business.
- Jung, Seok C., An, B. H., and Kim, C. M. (2005), Success Factors of Public-Private Parternership for e-Government, The e-business Studies, 6(2), 169-192.
- Kim, Byeong J. (2015), Challenges and Task to extend Korea's e-government Export, D. gov Issue 2015-1.
- Lee, Chae E. (2015), A Study on Strategic Approach of Korean e-Government Export, Spring Meeting of Korea Society of IT Service, Seoul, Proceedings, 145-152.
- Lee, Chae E. (2015), Strategic Approach of e- Government Export, e-Government Export Forum, Seoul, Proceedings, 168-172.
- Lee, Mi J. Song, H. J., and Lee, S. J. (2013), A Diagnosis Research on Korea's Official Development Assistance in e-Gov: Focused on Mongolia and Vietnam, Regional Information Society, 16(2), 27-61.
- Ministry of Public Administration and Security; National Information Society Agency (2012), 2008-2012 Electronic Government white Paper.
- Ministry of the Interior (2014), Press Release.
- Ministry of the Interior (2015), Administration Autonomy 2014 white Paper.
- Nam, Dal W., Hong, J. H., Kim, S. H., and Jo, H. (2013), Research on sysematic export of e-government, Journal of International Trade & Commerce, 9(6), 424-448.
- Nam, Jae I. and Lee, J. W. (2013), A Strategic Approach for Promoting Korean e-Government Model Exports, JKIECS, 8(7), 1049-1064.
- West, D. M. (2004), E-Government and the Transformation of Service Delivery and Citizen Attitudes, Public Administration Review, 64(1), 15-27. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1540-6210.2004.00343.x
- Choi, Hyuk J. (2010), Export Promotion of Korean Electronic Government to North Africa Region, The e-Business Studies, 13(2), 93-110.