- Volume 6 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Selection Factors in Credit Cards by the Lifestyle of Elderly Groups
실버층의 라이프스타일에 따른 신용카드 선택요인에 관한 연구
Seo, Kyoung Hwan;Kim, Sook Eung
- Received : 2015.11.20
- Accepted : 2016.01.05
- Published : 2016.01.31
The purpose of this study is to identify the motivation of using and choosing factors in credit cards. These results indicate that considerate of other people factor may emphasize the convenience and safety in using credit cards, while the leisure factor may prefer the real-worth factor as they know that the more they use, the more benefits they would get. As the personality factor and the fashion factor, we can pay much attention to the advertisements, promotions, card designs, the colors, the characters and the social positions of the card holders and that considerate other people factor may like the low annual fees and the accumulating points, buying items on the installments without paying additional interest, which had offered them cash service and card loan. The authors of this paper has suggested an information by which credit card companies can establish the strategies according to the lifestyle of the elderly in silver business market.
Silver Business;Lifestyle of the Elderly;Motivation of Using Credit Cards;Choosing Factors
- An, Ye S. (2008), Analysis of Acknowledgement and Utilization Purpose of Silver Industry According to Lifestyle of Baby Boom Generation, Department of Family welfare, Graduate School, Sangmyung University.
- Bartos, O. (1980), Over 49, The invisible consumer market, Harvard Business Review, 58 (Jan-Feb), 140-148.
- Choi, Sung J. (1997), Roles of Social Welfare and the Elderly Market for the Elderly in America, Journal of the Korean Gerontological Society, 17(3), 199-228.
- Hwang, Eun H. (2011), The Effects of the Consumer's Lifestyle on Brand Loyalty and the Choice of Credit Card, Department of Business Administration, Graduate School, Dankook University.
- Jeon, Jung W. (2008), Research on the Behavior of Dinging: out Consumption of a New Silver Generation, Department of Foodservice Industry Management The Graduate School, Kyonggi University.
- Jeon, Noh M. (2013), Study on Leisure Program Types by Silver Generation Lifestyle-Focusing on the BabyBoom Generation-, Department of Silver Industry, Graduate School of Distance Learning, Sookmyung Women's University.
- Jung, Jee Y. (2009), The Effects of the Consumer Types on the Choice of Credit Card, Department of Business Administration, Graduate School, Kookmin University.
- Kim, Chong E. (2004), Consumer Behavior, Hyungseu Press, 336-339.
- Kim, Chong S. (1982), The Elderly and Learning, Life of Old Age, The Korean Senior Citizens Association, 217-225.
- Kim, Dong J. (1995), A Empirical Study on Life Style and Buying Behavior of Credit Card Holders. Department of Business Administration, Graduate School, Chonnam University.
- Kim, Gyo B. (2012), A Study on the Elderly Women's clothing Purchasing Behavior According to their Lifestyle, Department of Silver Industry, Graduate School of Distance Learning, Sookmyung women's University.
- Kim, Ha N. (2010), Life Style With Consumer Values and Consumer Behaviors of Baby-Boom Generation, Department of Consumer Studies, The Graduate School, Ewha Womans University.
- Kim, Hae S. and Kim, S. H. (2005), Housewives' Attitude about an increased Income Tax Deduction based on the minimum of Credit Card Charge Amount, Journal of Consumption Culture, 8(1), 15-29.
- Kim, Min K. (2012), A Study on Overseas Travel Product Selection Attributes according to the Lifestyle of Silver Consumers, Department of Silver Industry, Graduate School of Distance Learning, Sookmyung Women's University.
- Kim, Se Y. (2009), A Study on the Effects of Customers' Value Perception of a Credit Card Loyalty Program on Credit Card Customer Loyalty, Department of Business Administration, Graduate School, Kyungnam University.
- Kim, Sook E. (2007), A Study on Factors Affecting Purchase of Elderly Consumer according to Lifestyle Types, Korean Corporation Management Review, 14(1), 113-128.
- Kim, Sook E. and Lee, E. H. (2007), Understanding of the Industry for the Elderly, Hyungseu Press, 72-73.
Lee, Eue H. (1998),
$55^+$Market Prospects and Marketing Strategy, Marketing Communication Review, 4, 106-122.
- Lee, Eue H. and Kim, S. E. (2004), Silver Marketing, Hyungseul Press, 132-133.
- Lee, Eue H. and Shin, J. Y. (2004), A Study on Lifestyles-based Market Segmentation of the Korean Mature Consumers, Journal of the Korea Gerontological Society, 24(2), 1-20.
- Lee, In S. (2000), 21 Century silver industry and Township for the Aged, Yangji Press, 41-47.
- Lee, Ju H. (2007), A Study on Market segmentation by Mature consumer's Lifestyle, Department of Business Administration Graduate School, Yeungnam University.
- Lee, Yoon G., Kim, J. Y., and Cho, H. S. (1998), A Study on Credit Card Uses and Debt Burden of Multiple Credit Card Holders, Journal of the Korean Home Economics Association, 36(11), 219-230.
- Lee, Young H., Lee, S. H., and Cho, M. W. (2001), Relationships Among Using Motive Management of Credit Card and Saving, Journal of the Korean Society of Women's Culture, 8, 91-107.
- Oh, Eun J. (2004), A Study on the Factors of Consumers' Selection and Consumption Behaviors of the Main Credit Card. Department of Business Administration, Graduate School, Dongguk University.
- Sterns, R. S. and Sterns H. L. (1995), The encyclopedia of aging, Consumers issues, New York, Springer, 263-265.
- Yeon, Je E. (2004), A Study on the Influence of Service Factor over Choosing Credit Card, Department of Business Administration, Graduate School, Chongju University.
- Yeon, Je E. (2008), A Study on the Brand Equity elements and Credit Card selection by Credit Card User Based on Life Style, Department of Business Administration, Graduate School, Chongju University.