- Volume 19 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Homeopathy - A Safe, Much Less Expensive, Non-Invasive, Viable Alternative for the Treatment of Patients Suffering from Loss of Lumbar Lordosis
- Haque, Saiful (Khuda-Bukhsh Homeopathic Benevolent Foundation) ;
- Das, Debarsi (Khuda-Bukhsh Homeopathic Benevolent Foundation) ;
- Bhattacharya, Saugato (Khuda-Bukhsh Homeopathic Benevolent Foundation) ;
- Sarkar, Tathagato (Khuda-Bukhsh Homeopathic Benevolent Foundation) ;
- Khuda-Bukhsh, Anisur Rahman (Khuda-Bukhsh Homeopathic Benevolent Foundation)
- Received : 2016.09.28
- Accepted : 2016.12.06
- Published : 2016.12.31
Objectives: Loss of lumbar lordosis causing pain and curvature of the vertebral skeleton to one side is a relatively uncommon disease. To our knowledge, successful treatment of loss of lumbar lordosis with any potentized homeopathic drug diluted above Avogadro's limit (that is, above a potency of 12C) has not been documented so far. In this communication, we intend to document a relatively rare case of loss of lumbar lordosis with osteophytic lippings, disc desiccation, and protrusion, causing a narrowing of secondary spinal canal and a bilateral neural foramina, leading to vertebral column curvature with acute pain in an adolescent boy. Methods: The patient had undergone treatment with orthodox Western medicines, but did not get any relief from, or cure of, the ailment; finally, surgery was recommended. The patient's family brought the patient to the Khuda-Bukhsh Homeopathic Benevolent Foundation where a charitable clinic is run every Friday with the active participation of four qualified homeopathic doctors. A holistic method of homeopathic treatment was adopted by taking into consideration all symptoms and selecting the proper remedy by consulting the homeopathic repertory, mainly of Kent. Results: The symptoms were effectively treated with different potencies of a single homeopathic drug, Calcarea phos. X-ray and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) supported recovery and a change in the skeletal curvature that was accompanied by removal of pain and other acute symptoms of the ailment. Conclusion: Homeopathy can be a safe, much less expensive, non-invasive, and viable alternative for the treatment of such cases.
- Hahnemann CFS. Organon of medicine. New Delhi: Jain Publishers Ltd; 1994. p. 31-154.
- Das D, Das I, Das J, Kayal SK, Khuda-Bukhsh AR. Efficacy of two traditionally used potentized homeopathic medicines, calcarea carbonica and lycopodium clava-tum, used for treating PCOS patients: I. effects on certain important external guiding symptoms. Tang Hu-manitas Medicine. 2016;6(1):31-6.
- Das D, Das I, Das J, Koyal SK, Khuda-Bukhsh AR. Ef-ficacy of two commonly used potentized homeopathic drugs, Calcarea carbonica and Lycopodium clav-atum, used for treating polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) patients: II. Modulating effects on certain associated hormonal levels. Tang Humanitas Medicine. 2016;6(1):7.1-7.7. https://doi.org/10.5667/tang.2015.0032
- Das D, Khuda-Bukhsh AR. A patient with uterine fun-dal leiomyoma and a large hemorrhagic cyst in right ovary cured by homeopathic remedies-a case report. Indian J Med Case Rep. 2016;5(1):13-9.
- Das D, Samadder A, Kayal KS, Khuda-Bukhsh AR. Removal of large sized ovarian cysts by potentized homeopathic remedies: a myth or a dependable alternative option. IJCAM. 2016;3(5):00088.
- Das D, Haque S, Samadder A, Kayal KS, Khuda-Bukhsh AR. Removal of large sized ovarian cysts in three patients by administration of a single remedy, Thuja occi-dentalis: hormonal assay and ultrasonographic images. J Integrative Med Ther. 2016;3(1):9.
- Moore AJ, Newell DW. Tumor neurosurgery: principes and practice. London: Springer-Verlag London; 2006. p. 3-341.
- Kent JT. Kent's repertory. Calcutta: Sett Dey & Co; 1983.
- Hompath neometal.1.0 [internet]. Available from: https://hompath.com/NeoMetal, MindTechnologies, Mumbai-400054.