- Volume 16 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
Effects of Facebook Users' Self-disclosure, Facebook Use Intensity, Privacy Concern and Trust on Continuous Use Intention of Facebook: Focusing on the Moderating Effect of Privacy Protection Skill
페이스북 이용자의 자기노출, 페이스북 이용강도, 프라이버시 인식과 프라이버시 관리 능력이 페이스북 지속적 이용의향에 미치는 영향: 프라이버시 관리 능력의 조절효과를 중심으로
- Received : 2016.08.03
- Accepted : 2016.09.19
- Published : 2016.11.28
This study aims to examine the difference in self-disclosure, Facebook use intensity, privacy concern, and trust between Facebook users with high and low levels of the privacy protection skills and then to investigate the effects of the variables on continuous use intention of Facebook. Results revealed that Facebook users with high level of privacy protection skill than those with low level of the skill show lower level of privacy concern, but higher level of Facebook use intensity and trust. In addition, privacy protection skill presented the significant moderating effects on the relationships between self-disclosure, trust, and continuous use intention of Facebook.
SNS;Privacy Concern and Trust;Continuous Use Intention;Privacy Protection Skill;Use Intensity
- D. boyd and N. Ellison, "Social Network Sites: Definition, History, and Scholarship," J. of Computer-Mediated Communication, Vol.13, pp.210-230, 2007.
- 설진아, "페이스북 이용과 프라이버시 침해에 관한 연구," 언론과 법, 제11권, 제1호, pp.63-92, 2012.
- F. Stutzman, R. Capra, and J. Thompson, "Factors Mediating Disclosure in Social Network Sites," Computers in Human Behavior, Vol.27, pp.590-598, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chb.2010.10.017
- 이현지, 정동훈, "트위터와 페이스북의 이용중단 의도에 관한 연구," 한국언론학보, 제57권, 제4호, pp.269-293, 2013.
- A. M. Ledbetter, J. P. Mazer, J. M. DeGroot, K. R. Meyer, Y. Mao, and B. Swafford, "Attitudes Toward Online Social Connection and Self-disclosure as Predictors of Facebook Communication and Relational Closeness," Communication Research, Vol.38, No.1, pp.27-53, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1177/0093650210365537
- K. Lewis, J. Kaufman, and N. Christakis, "The Taste for Privacy: An Analysis of College Student Privacy Settings in an Online Social Network," J. of Computer-Mediated Communication, Vol.14, pp.79-100, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1083-6101.2008.01432.x
- N. B. Ellison, C. Steinfield, and C. Lampe, "The Benefits of Facebook "Friends":Social Capital and College Students' Use of Online Social Network Sites," J. of Computer-Mediated Communication, Vol.12, pp.1143-1168, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1083-6101.2007.00367.x
- N. Mohamed, and I. H. Ahmad, "Information Privacy Concerns, Antecedents and Privacy Measure Use in Social Networking Sites: Evidence from Malaysia," Computers in Human Behavior, Vol.28, No.6, pp.2366-2375, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chb.2012.07.008
- S. Stieger, C. Burger, M. Bohn, and M. Voracek, "Who Commits Virtual Identity Suicide? Differences in Privacy Concerns, Internet Addiction, and Personality Between Facebook Users and Quitters," Cyberpsychology, Behavior, and Social Networking, Vol.16, No.9, pp.629-634, 2013. https://doi.org/10.1089/cyber.2012.0323
- N. W. Coppola, S. R. Hilz, and N. G. Rotter, "Building Trust in Virtual Teams," IEEE Transactions on Professional Communication, Vol.47, No.2, pp.95-104, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPC.2004.828203
- C. Liu, J. T. Marchewka, J. Lu, and C. S. Yu, "Beyond Concern-a Privacy-Trust-Behavioral Intention Model of Electronic Commerce," Information & Management, Vol.42, No.2, pp.289-304, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.im.2004.01.003
- G. Piccoli and B. Ives, "Trust and the Unintended Effects of Behavior Control in Virtual Teams," Management Information Systems Quarterly, Vol.27, No.3, pp.365-395, 2003. https://doi.org/10.2307/30036538
- K. Chen and A. I. Rea, "Protecting Personal Information Online: A Survey of User Privacy Concerns and Control Techniques," J. of Computer Information Systems, Vol.44, No.4, pp.85-92, 2004.
- T. Correa, "The Participation Divide among "Online Experts": Experience, Skills and Psychological Factors as Predictors of College Students' Web Content Creation," J. of Computer-Mediated Communication, Vol.16, pp.71-92, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1083-6101.2010.01532.x
- M. Z. Yao and D. G. Linz, "Predicting Self-Protections of Online Privacy," CyberPsychology & Behavior, Vol.11, No.5, pp.615-617, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1089/cpb.2007.0208
- 기소진, 이수영, "프라이버시 염려와 자기효능감에 따른 SNS 이용자 유형에 관한 탐색적 연구:페이스북 이용자를 중심으로," 한국언론학보, 제57권, 제1호, pp.81-110, 2013.
- T. P. Liang and Y. H. Yeh, "Effect of Use Contexts on the Continuous Use of Mobile Services: The Case of Mobile Games," Personal and Ubiquitous Computing, Vol.15, No.2, pp.187-196, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00779-010-0300-1
- C. Liao, P. Palvia, and J. L. Chen, "Information Technology Adoption Behavior Life Cycle: Toward a Technology Continuance Theory(TCT)," International Journal of Information Management, Vol.29, No.4, pp.309-320, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijinfomgt.2009.03.004
- L. R. Wheeless and J. Grotz, "Conceptualization and Measurement of Reported Self-disclosure," Human Communication Research, Vol.2, No.4, pp.338-346, 1976. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1468-2958.1976.tb00494.x
- M. A. Stefanone and C. Y. Jang, "Writing for Friends and Family: The Interpersonal Nature of Blogs," J. of Computer-Mediated Communication, Vol.13, No.1, pp.123-140, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1083-6101.2007.00389.x
- T. Buchanan, C. Paine, A. N. Joinson, and U. D. Reips, "Development of Measures of Online Privacy Concern and Protection for Use on the Internet," J. of the American Society for Information Science and Technology, Vol.58, No.2, pp.157-165, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1002/asi.20459
- S. Taddei and B. Contena, "Privacy, Trust and Control: Which Relationships with Online Self-disclosure?," Computers in Human Behavior, Vol.29, pp.821-826, 2013. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chb.2012.11.022
- Y. J. Park, S. W. Campbell, and N. Kwak, "Affect, Cognition and Reward: Predictors of Privacy Protection Online," Computers in Human Behavior, Vol.28, No.3, pp.1019-1027, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chb.2012.01.004
- Y. J. Park, "Digital Literacy and Privacy Behavior Online," Communication Research, Vol.40, No.2, pp.215-236, 2011.
- N. N. Bazarova and Y. H. Choi, "Self-disclosure in Social Media: Extending the Functional Approach to Disclosure Motivations and Characteristics on Social Network Sites," J. of Communication, Vol.64, No.4, pp.635-657, 2014. https://doi.org/10.1111/jcom.12106