- Volume 16 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
Performance Modeling and Evaluation of IEEE 802.15.4 Collision Free Period for Batch Traffic
배치 트래픽 특성을 고려한 IEEE 802.15.4 비경합구간 성능 모델링 및 평가
- Received : 2016.07.22
- Accepted : 2016.08.17
- Published : 2016.11.28
In this paper, we performed the analysis of transmission performance for Collision Free Period(CFP) supported by the low-power communication technology, IEEE 802.15.4 MAC (Media Access Control). For the analysis, periodic traffic, original service target of CFP, is considered and, according to the Quality of Service required, packet arrival pattern to MAC layer is categorized as batch and non-batch, and analysis on throughput, delay, and energy is performed for those patterns. On the basis of the obtained analysis, performance comparison with Collision Avoidance Period(CAP) is carried out for the health care applications that generate periodic traffic such as Pedometer, ECG, EMG. The evaluation confirms that CFP is more energy efficient for healthcare applications that generate periodic and time-critical traffic and moreover for the application with high bandwidth requirement CFP achieves up to 46% energy savings compared to CAP.
Supported by : 배재대학교
- 박판근, "사물인터넷을 위한 라우팅과 매체접근제어의 상호작용," 한국정보통신학회논문지, Vol.19, No.10, pp.2465-2472, 2015.
- IEEE Std 802.15.4TM "2003, Part 15.4: Wireless Medium Access Control (MAC) and Physical Layer (PHY) Specifications for Low-Rate Wireless Personal Area Networks (LR-WPANs), Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, 2003.
- R. Srivastava, S. Ladwa, A. Bhattacharya, and A. Kumar, "A Fast and Accurate Performance Analysis of Beaconless IEEE 802.15.4 Multi-Hop Networks," Ad Hoc Networks, Vol.37, pp.435-459, 2016. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.adhoc.2015.08.032
- 양현호, "유비쿼터스 센서 망에서의 에너지 절약형 매체접근 제어 프로토콜," 한국콘텐츠학회논문지, Vol.8, No.1, pp.177-185, 2008.
- 김경자, 한상훈, 구현우, "MANET에서 네트워크 수명 연장을 위한 라우팅 프로토콜," 한국콘텐츠학회논문지, Vol.10, No.2, pp.120-129, 2010.
- ZigBee Alliance, "ZigBee Specifications," version 1.0 r20, Sep. 2012.
- C. Na, Y. Yang, and A. Mishra, "An optimal GTS scheduling algorithm for time-sensitive transactions in IEEE 802.15.4 networks," Computer Networks, Vol.52, No.13, pp.2543-2557, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.comnet.2008.05.012
- A. Koubaa, M. Alves, and E. Tovar, "i-GAME: An implicit GTS allocation mechanism in IEEE 802.15.4 for time-sensitive wireless sensor networks," IEEE ECRTS, 2006.
- T. S. Kim, T. Park, M. Sha, and C. Lu, "Toward MAC Protocol Service over the air," GLOBECOM, 2012.