- Volume 16 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
Influencing Factors for Post-traumatic Growth in Patients with Breast Cancer
유방암 환자의 외상 후 성장 영향 요인
- Received : 2016.07.29
- Accepted : 2016.10.24
- Published : 2016.11.28
This study was undertaken to investigate the factors that influence post-traumatic growth in patients with breast cancer. The study subjects were 100 outpatients with breast cancer who visited the outpatient clinic of a university hospital. The instruments used for this study were Korean Post-traumatic Inventory (K-PTGI), Modified Medical Outcomes Study Social Support Survey (mMOS-SS), Self-Efficacy Scale for Self-Management of Breast Cancer (SESSM-B) and Cancer Coping Questionnaire (CCQ). The data were analyzed by t-test, ANOVA, Pearson-correlation coefficient, and stepwise multiple regression using SPSS/WIN 21.0. The mean score of post-traumatic growth was
Breast Cancer;Post-traumatic Growth;Social Support;Self-efficacy;Coping Behavior
- National Cancer Information Center, Cancer facts & figures 2013 [Internet], National Cancer Information Center, 2015. Available from : http://www.cancer.go.kr/mbs/cancer/subview.jsp?id=cancer040101000000
- S. Schmid Büchi, R. J. G. Halfens, T. Dassen, and B. Van Den Borne, "A review of psychosocial needs of breast cancer patients and their relatives," Journal of Clinical Nursing, Vol.17, No.21, pp.2895-2909, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2702.2008.02490.x
- M. Cappiello, R. S. Cunningham, M. T. Knobf, and D. Erdos, "Breast cancer survivors : information and support after treatment," Clinical Nursing Research, Vol.16, No.4, pp.278-293, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1177/1054773807306553
- I. Han and I. Lee, "Posttraumatic growth in patients with cancer," Korean Journal of Social Welfare Studies, Vol.42, No.2, pp.419-441, 2011. https://doi.org/10.16999/kasws.2011.42.2.419
- R. G. Tedeschi and L. G. Calhoun, "The Posttraumatic Growth Inventory: Measuring the positive legacy of trauma," Journal of Traumatic Stress, Vol.9, No.3, pp.455-471, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1002/jts.2490090305
- D. Zwahlen, N. Hagenbuch, M. I. Carley, J. Jenewein, and S. Buchi, "Posttraumatic growth in cancer patients and partners-effects of role, gender and the dyad on couples' posttraumatic growth experience," Psycho-Oncology, Vol.19, No.1, pp.12-20, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1002/pon.1486
- H. Kim, J. Kwon, J. Kim, R. Lee, and K. Lee, "Posttraumatic growth and related factors in breast cancer survivors," The Korean Journal of Health Psychology, Vol.13, No.3, pp.781-799, 2008. https://doi.org/10.17315/kjhp.2008.13.3.013
- S. Lee and Y. J. Kim, "Posttraumatic Growth of Patients with Breast Cancer," Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, Vol.42, No.6, pp.907-915, 2012. https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2012.42.6.907
- J. T. Dunigan, B. I. Carr, and J. L. Steel, "Posttraumatic growth, immunity and survival in patients with hepatoma," Digestive Diseases and Sciences, Vol.52, No.9, pp.2452-2459, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10620-006-9477-6
- I. J. Lee, "A systematic review of posttraumatic growth in cancer," Social Work Practice & Research, Vol.6, pp.81-113, 2009.
- M. J. Cordova, L. L. Cunningham, C. R. Carlson, and M. A. Andrykowski, "Posttraumatic growth following breast cancer: a controlled comparison study," Health Psychology, Vol.20, No.3, pp.176-185, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1037/0278-6220.127.116.11
- R. G. Tedeschi and L. G. Calhoun, "Posttraumatic growth:Conceptual foundations and empirical evidence," Psychological Inquiry, Vol.15, No.1, pp.1-18, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1207/s15327965pli1501_01
- Y. I. MS, J. E. Cha, and Y. M. Ryu, "Changes of Self-efficacy, Depression, and posttraumatic growth in survivors with breast cancer participating breast cancer prevention volunteering," Journal of Korea Contents Association, Vol.14, No.4, pp.256-266, 2014. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2014.14.04.256
- S. Akin, G. Can, Z. Durna, and A. Aydiner, "The quality of life and self-efficacy of Turkish breast cancer patients undergoing chemotherapy," European Journal of Oncology Nursing, Vol.12, No.5, pp.449-456, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejon.2008.07.006
- C. C. Benight and A. Bandura, "Social cognitive theory of posttraumatic recovery: The role of perceived self-efficacy," Behaviour Research and Therapy, Vol.42, No.10, pp.1129-1148, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.brat.2003.08.008
- H. Schulz and N. E. Mohamed, "Turning the tide:benefit finding after cancer surgery," Social Science & Medicine, Vol.59, No.3, pp.653-662.
- S. Song, H. Lee, J. Park, and K. Kim, "Validity and reliability of the Korean version of the posttraumatic growth inventory," Korean Journal of Health Psychology, Vol.14, No.1, pp.193-214, 2009. https://doi.org/10.17315/kjhp.2009.14.1.012
- A. Moser, A. E. Stuck, R. A. Silliman, P. A. Ganz, and K. M. Clough-Gorr, "The eight-item modified medical outcomes study social support survey: psychometric evaluation showed excellent performance," Journal of Clinical Epidemiology, Vol.65, No.10, pp.1107-1116, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jclinepi.2012.04.007
- Y. S. Roh, An explanatory model for patient adherence in patients with hypertension, Seoul: Yonsei University, Doctoral dissertation, pp.1-105, 2003.
- S. Moorey, M. Frampton, and S. Greer, "The cancer coping questionnaire: A self‐rating scale for measuring the impact of adjuvant psychological therapy on coping behaviour," Psycho-Oncology, Vol.12, No.4, pp.331-344, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1002/pon.646
- J. Kim, J. Kwon, S. Kim, B. Yu, J. Hur, and B. Kim, "Validation of Korean-cancer coping questionnaire (K-CCQ)," Korean Journal of Health Psychology, Vol.9, No.2, pp.395-414, 2004.
- S. Song and E. Ryu, "Posttraumatic growth, dyadic adjustment, and quality of life in breast cancer survivors and their husbands," Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, Vol.44, No.5, pp.515-524, 2014. https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2014.44.5.515
- S. O. Choi, "Posttraumatic growth in family caregivers of patients with cancer," Korean Journal of Hospice and Palliative Care, Vol.17, No.1, pp.1-9, 2014. https://doi.org/10.14475/kjhpc.2014.17.1.1
- M. O. Yoon and J. S. Park, "Live spiritual experiences of patients with terminal cancer," Journal of Korean Community Nursing, Vol.14, No.3, pp.445-456, 2003.
- J. H. Choi, Posttraumatic growth in cancer patients, Pusan: Catholic University, master's thesis, pp.1-51, 2011.
- Y. H. Ha and S. Yang, "The effects of cancer-related characteristics and cancer coping on posttraumatic growth of cancer survivors," Journal of Health Informatics and Statistics, Vol.40, No.2, pp.1-12, 2015.
- H. S. Jim and P. B. Jacobsen, "Posttraumatic stress and posttraumatic growth in cancer survivorship: a review," Cancer Journal, Vol.14, No.6, pp.414-419, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1097/PPO.0b013e31818d8963
- A. Bandura, "Self-efficacy: toward a unifying theory of behavioral change," Psychological Review, Vol.84, No.2, pp.191-215, 1977. https://doi.org/10.1037/0033-295X.84.2.191
- C. C. Benight, E. Swift, J. Sanger, A. Smith, and D. Zeppelin, "Coping self‐efficacy as a mediator of distress following a natural disaster," Journal of Applied Social Psychology, Vol.29, No.12, pp.2443-2464, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1559-1816.1999.tb00120.x
- The Influence of Spiritual Well-Being, Self-Esteem, and Perceived Social Support on Post-Traumatic Growth among Breast Cancer Survivors vol.18, pp.4, 2018, https://doi.org/10.5388/aon.2018.18.4.232