- Volume 16 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
Combination of Infrared Light Source and Barrier Filter for Suction Bruise Photography
음압에 의해 생성된 멍 촬영을 위한 적외선 광원과 필터 조합에 관한 연구
- 김주은 (순천향대학교 법과학대학원) ;
- 김지연 (순천향대학교 법과학대학원) ;
- 전소영 (순천향대학교 법과학대학원) ;
- 김은아 (순천향대학교 법과학대학원) ;
- 유제설 (순천향대학교 법과학대학원)
- Received : 2016.08.19
- Accepted : 2016.09.21
- Published : 2016.11.28
Bruise caused by damages through physical compression and suction is one of evidences that can prove abuse or assault. It is essential for taking photography to prove a crime. Some studies about the Infrared (IR) light source have limitations that only one IR light source and one barrier filter were used. To find the best combination of filters and IR light sources, we produced suction bruise artificially and used three IR light sources and five barrier filters. Consequently, we found that the best combination is using a tungsten lamp and Kodak Wratten #18A barrier filter.
Bruise;Infrared;Light Source;Tungsten;Barrier Filter;Suction Bruise
Supported by : 순천향대학교
- S. Maguire, M. K. Mann, J. Sibert, and A. Kemp, "Can you age bruises accurately in children? A systematic review," Archives of disease in childhood, Vol.90, No.2, pp.187-189, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1136/adc.2003.044073
- K. Kaczor, M. C. Pierce, K. Makoroff, and T. S. Corey, "Bruising and physical child abuse," Clinical Pediatric Emergency Medicine, Vol.7, No.3, pp.153-160, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cpem.2006.06.007
- L. E. Otterbein and A. M. Choi, "Heme oxygenase: colors of defense against cellular stress," American Journal of Physiology-Lung Cellular and Molecular Physiology, Vol.279, No.6, pp.L1029-L1037, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1152/ajplung.2000.279.6.L1029
- M. M. Lecomte, T. Holmes, D. P. Kay, J. L. Simons, and S. K. Vintiner, "The use of photographs to record variation in bruising response in humans," Forensic science international, Vol.23, No.1, pp.213-218, 2013.
- I. Quinones, "Photography of Faded or Concealed Bruises on Human Skin," Journal of Forensic Identification, Vol.63, No.1, pp.103-125, 2013.
- M. L, Pilling, P. Vanezis, D. Perrett, and A. Johnston, "Visual assessment of the timing of bruising by forensic experts," Journal of forensic and legal medicine, Vol.17, No.3, pp.143-149, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jflm.2009.10.002
- J. Taylor and J. Kieser, Forensic Odontology: Principles and Practice, John Wiley & Sons, 2016.
- C. Jack, "Interpretation of non-genital injuries in sexual assault," Best practice & research Clinical obstetrics & gynaecology, Vol.27, No.1, pp.103-111, 2013. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.bpobgyn.2012.08.009
- S. L. Lahoti, N. McClain, R. Girardet, M. McNeese, and K. Cheung, "Evaluating the child for sexual abuse," American family physician, Vol.63, No.5, pp.883-896, 2001.
- M. Bernstein, G. Nichols, and J. Blair, "The use of black and white infrared photography for recording blunt force injury," Clinical Anatomy, Vol.26, No.3, pp.339-346, 2013. https://doi.org/10.1002/ca.22078
- E. D. Bariciak, A. C. Plint, I. Gaboury, and S. Bennett, "Dating of bruises in children: an assessment of physician accuracy," Pediatrics, Vol.112, No.4, pp.804-807, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1542/peds.112.4.804
- 조형우, 고현서, 한상균, 유제설, "법광원을 이용한 복잡한 배경의 잠재지문 시각화 및 증강에 관한 연구," 한국콘텐츠학회논문지, 제16권, 제3호, pp.72-80, 2016.
- 김상기, 김유진, "법과학 분야에서 디지털 적외선 사진을 위한 노출 결정 방법," 한국콘텐츠학회논문지, 제14권, 제2호, pp.191-191, 2014.
- F. D. Wright and G. S. Golden, "The use of full spectrum digital photography for evidence collection and preservation in cases involving forensic odontology," Forensic science international, Vol.201, No.1, pp.59-67, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.forsciint.2010.03.013
- C. Tetley, "The photography of bruises," Journal of visual communication in medicine, Vol.28, No.2, pp.72-77, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1080/01405110500104043
- P. Rowan, M. Hill, G. A. Gresham, E. Goodall, and T. Moore, "The use of infrared aided photography in identification of sites of bruises after evidence of the bruise is absent to the naked eye," Journal of forensic and legal medicine, Vol.17, No.6, pp.293-297, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jflm.2010.04.007
- G. S. Golden, "Standards and practices for bite mark photography," J Forensic Odontostomatol, Vol.29, No.2, pp.29-37, 2011.