- Volume 40 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Adaptive Algorithms for Yaw Moment Distribution with ESC and ARS
적응 알고리즘을 이용한 ESC와 ARS 기반 요 모멘트 분배
- Yim, Seongjin (Dept. of Mechanical and Automotive Engineering, Seoul Nat'l Univ. of Sci. and Tech.)
- 임성진 (서울과학기술대학교 기계자동차공학과)
- Received : 2016.02.18
- Accepted : 2016.09.26
- Published : 2016.12.01
This paper presents an application of adaptive algorithms for yaw moment distribution with electronic stability control (ESC) and active rear steering (ARS) in integrated chassis control (ICC). Integrated chassis control consists of upper- and lower-level controllers. In the upper-level controller, the control yaw moment is computed with sliding mode control required to stabilize a vehicle. In the lower-level controller, adaptive algorithms are applied to determine the required brake pressure of ESC and the necessary steering angle of ARS, in order to generate the control yaw moment. Simulation is performed using the vehicle simulation package CarSim to validate the proposed method.
Integrated Chassis Control;Yaw Moment Distribution;Electronic Stability Control;Active Rear Steering;Adaptive Algorithms
Supported by : 서울과학기술대학교
- Rajamani, R., 2006, Vehicle Dynamics and Control, New York, Springer.
- van Zanten, A.T., Erhardt, R., Pfaff, G., Kost, F., Hartmann, U. and Ehret, T., 1996, "Control Aspects of the Bosch-VDC," Proceedings of International Symposium on Advanced Vehicle Control, Aachen, Germany, pp. 573-608.
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, 2007, Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards; Electronic Stability Control Systems; Controls and Displays, NHTSA-2007-27622.
- Klier, W., Reimann, G. and Reinelt, W., 2004, "Concept and Functionality of the Active Front Steering System," SAE 2004-21-0073.
- Nissan Motor Company, 2006, "4 Wheel Active Steer (4WAS)," www.nissan-global.com/EN.
- Yim, S. and Kim, W., 2016, "Adaptive Variable Weights Tuning in Integrated Chassis Control for Lateral Stability Enhancement," Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng. A, Vol. 40, No. 1, pp. 103-111.
- Yim, S., 2014, "Integrated Chassis Control with Electronic Stability Control and Active Rear Steering," Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng. A, Vol. 38, No. 11, pp. 1291-1297. https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2014.38.11.1291
- Diniz, P.S.R., 2008, Adaptive Filtering: Algorithms and Practical Implementation, Springer, New York.
- Yim, S., 2015, "Integrated Chassis Control with Adaptive Algorithms," Proceedings of IMeChE, Part D: Journal of Automobile Engineering, Vol. 230, No. 9, pp. 1264-1272.
- Chen, Y., Gu, Y. and Hero, A.O., 2009, "Sparse LMS for System Identification," Proceedings of the IEEE ICASSP, pp. 3125-3128.
- Mechanical Simulation Corporation, 2001, CarSim User Manual Version 5.