- Volume 40 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Analysis Sound Insulation Performance of a Corrugated Steel Panel Through Modal Density
주름 강판의 모드 밀도에 따른 차음 성능 분석
- Kim, Seockhyun (Dept. of Mechatronics Engineering, Kangwon Nat'l Univ.) ;
- Byeon, Jun Ho (Dept. of Convergence Engineering, Graduate School, Kangwon Nat'l Univ.) ;
- Lee, Joong Hyeok (Dept. of Convergence Engineering, Graduate School, Kangwon Nat'l Univ.)
- Received : 2016.01.28
- Accepted : 2016.09.02
- Published : 2016.12.01
Corrugation of a corrugated panel dramatically increases the bending stiffness per weight. However, corrugated panels show lower sound insulation performance than that of the flat plate having the same weight. Especially, in a particular frequency region, the sound transmission loss significantly decreases. Main reason of the problem is known as the local resonance. A number of local resonance modes occur above a certain frequency band and modal density rapidly increases. In this study, we investigate the relation of the sound transmission loss and the modal density. Finally, we propose a design methodology in terms of the modal density to improve the sound insulation performance of the corrugated panels without weight increase.
Corrugated Panel;Sound Transmission Loss;Modal Density
Grant : 풍력발전단지 차세대 핵심기술 고급트랙
Supported by : 강원대학교, 산업통상자원부
- Cordonnier-Cloarec, P., Pauzin, S. and Biron, D., 1992, "Contribution to the Study of Sound Transmission and Radiation of Corrugated Steel Structures," Journal of Sound and Vibration, Vol. 157, pp. 515-530. https://doi.org/10.1016/0022-460X(92)90530-B
- Windle, R. M. and Lam, Y. W., 1993, "Prediction of the Sound Reduction of Profiled Metal Cladding," Inter-Noise'93, Vol. 2, pp. 999-1002.
- Kim, S. H., Paek, I. S., Lee, H. W. and Kim, J. T., 2008, "Prediction Model of the Sound Transmission Loss of Honeycomb Panels for Railway Vehicles," Journal of the korean Society for Railway, Vol. 11, No. 5, pp. 465-470.
- Kim, S. H., Lee, H. W., Kim, J. T. and Kim, J. C., 2010, "Sound Insulation Design of the Corrugated Steel Panel Considering Local Resonance," Journal of the KSNVE, Vol. 20, No. 7, pp. 672-676. https://doi.org/10.5050/KSNVE.2010.20.7.672
- Kim, S. H., Seo, T. K. and Kim, J. T., 2010, "Improvement Effect of the Sound Insulation Performance of the Corrugated Steel Panel by Sound Absorbing and Damping Materials," Journal of the Korean Society for Railway, Vol. 13, No. 5, pp. 476-480.
- Kim, S. H., Park, J. C. and Kim, J. N., 2000, "Sound Transmission Loss of Aluminum Extruded Panels for Railway Vehicles," Transactions of KSNVE, Vol. 10, No. 4, pp. 662-668.
- Kim, S. H., Seo, T. G. Kim, J. and Song, D., 2011, "Sound Insulation Design of Aluminum Extruded Panel in Next-Generation High-Speed Train," Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng. (A), Vol. 35, No. 5, pp. 567-574. https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2011.35.5.567
- Xie, G., Thompson, D. J. and Jones, C. J. C., 2004, "Mode Count and Modal Density of Structural Systems: Relationship with Boundary Conditions," Journal of Sound and Vibration, Vol. 274, pp. 621-651. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jsv.2003.05.008
- ASTM E 2249 - 02 : American Standards for Testing and Materials, 2003, Standard Test Method for Laboratory Measurement of Airborne Transmission Loss of Building Partitions and Elements Using Sound Intensity, American Standard Association.
- Choi, S. H., Kim, J. C., et al., 2004, "Interior Noise of a KTX Vehicle in a Tunnel," Proceedings of Annual Conference of the Korea Society for Railway, pp. 88-92.