- Volume 40 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Modeling of Displacement of Linear Roller Bearing Subjected to External Forces Considering LM Block Deformation
외부하중을 받는 선형 롤러베어링의 LM 블록 변형을 고려한 변위 모델링
- Kwon, Sun-Woong (Dept. of Mechanical System Engineering, Kumoh Nat'l Institute of Technology) ;
- Tong, Van-Canh (Dept. of Mechanical System Engineering, Kumoh Nat'l Institute of Technology) ;
- Hong, Seong-Wook (Dept. of Mechanical System Engineering, Kumoh Nat'l Institute of Technology)
- Received : 2016.08.30
- Accepted : 2016.09.12
- Published : 2016.12.01
Linear roller bearing (LRB) is an important mechanical element that is widely used in precise positioning systems that are subjected to large loads. This paper presents a new model for estimating the displacement of an LRB subjected to external forces. For this purpose, assuming that the linear motion block (LM block) is rigid, the equilibrium conditions for the LRB were obtained by solving the equilibrium equations of the rollers and the rigid LM block using the iterative Newton-Raphson method. The contact loads between the rollers and raceways were determined considering the profiled rollers. Then, the structural deformations of the LM block, subjected to the contact loads from the rigid LM block model, were computed using a finite element model for the LM block. The displacements of the LRB were then determined by superposition of the rigid LM block displacements on the induced displacements due to the structural deformations of the LM block. The proposed method was verified through comparison with a program by the bearing manufacturer.
Linear Roller Bearing;Contact Load;Finite Element Model
Supported by : 금오공과대학교
- Jastrzebski, D., Pawelko, P. and Szwengier, G., 2012, "Modeling the Effect of Geometric Errors on the Static Characteristics of Guide Rail Systems," Advances in Manufacturing Science and Technology, Vol. 36, No. 2, pp. 31-41.
- Zou, H. T. and Wang, B. L., 2015, "Investigation of the Contact Stiffness Variation of Linear Rolling Guides due to the Effects of Friction and Wear During Operation," Tribology International, Vol. 92, pp. 472-484. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.triboint.2015.07.005
- Shaw, D. and Su, W.L., 2011, "Study of Stiffness of a Linear Guideway by FEA and Experiment," Structural Longevity, Vol. 5, No. 3, pp. 129-138.
- Pawelko, P., Berczynski, S. and Grzadziel, Z., 2014, "Modeling Roller Guides with Preload," Archives of Civil and Mechanical Engineering, Vol. 14, No. 4, pp. 691-699. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.acme.2013.12.002
- Sun, W., Kong, X., Wang, B. and Li, X., 2015, "Statics Modeling and Analysis of Linear Rolling Guideway Considering Rolling Balls Contact," Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part C: Journal of Mechanical Engineering Science, Vol. 299, No. 1, pp. 168-179.
- Tao, W., Zhong, Y., Feng, H. and Wang, Y., 2013, "Model for Wear Prediction of Roller Linear Guides," Wear, Vol. 305, No. 1, pp. 260-266. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.wear.2013.01.047
- Rahmani, M. and Bleicher, F., 2016, "Experimental and Analytical Investigations on Normal and Angular Stiffness of Linear Guides in Manufacturing Systems," Procedia CIRP, Vol. 41, pp. 795-800.
- Ohta, H. and Tanaka, K., 2009, "Vertical Stiffnesses of Preloaded Linear Guideway Type Ball Bearings Incorporating the Flexibility of the Carriage and Rail," Journal of Tribology, Vol. 132, No. 1, pp. 011102.
- Lee, H., Oh, M.S., Park, C.H. and Lee, C.H., 1998, "Study on the Preload Characteristics of Linear Motion Ball Bearing," Proceedings of the 1998 KSPE Conference, pp. 857-860.
- Kim, H.Y., Jeong, J.K., Won, J.J. and Jeong, J.I., 2012, "A Computational Modeling Reflecting Static and Dynamic Characteristics of LM Bearings for Machine Tools," Journal of the Korean Society for Precision Engineering, Vol. 29, No. 10, pp. 1062-1069. https://doi.org/10.7736/KSPE.2012.29.10.1062
- Oh, K.J., Kim, G.H., Park, C.H. and Chung, S.C., 2016, "Formulation of Friction Forces in LM Ball Guides," Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng. A, Vol. 40, No. 2, pp. 199-206. https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2016.40.2.199
- Choi, J.C., Yoo, J.H., Yi, Y.S., Kim, Y.Y. and Lee, D.J., 2005, "Vibration Analysis and its Application of a Linear Motion Guide Supported by Rolling Ball Bearings," Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng. A, Vol. 29, No. 7, pp. 955-963. https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2005.29.7.955
- Hartnett, M.J., Robinson, C.J. and Tharp, E.B., 1984, "Roller Bearing with Specially Constructed Rollers," U.S. Patent, No. 4,456,313.
- Harris, T.A. and Katzalas, M.N., 2006, "Rolling Bearing Analysis," CRC Taylor & Francis, Vol. 2, pp. 13.
- Lundberg, G., 1961, "Elastic Contact Between Two Semi-infinite Bodies," Forschung auf den Gebiete des Ingenieurwesen, Vol. 10, No. 5, pp. 201-211.
- ISO/TS 16281:2008, 2008 "Rolling Bearings-methods for Calculating the Modified Reference Rating Life for Universally Loaded Bearings," International Organization for Standardization.
- INA, 2012, "Monorail Guidance Systems - Linear Recirculating Roller Bearing and Guideway Assemblies Linear Recirculating Ball Bearing and Guideway Assemblies Linear Guidance Systems with Linear Recirculating Ball Bearing Units Accessories"
- Schaeffler Technologies, BEARINX(R)-online Linear System Calculation, (https://bearinx-online.ina.de/), 2015.
- Five-degrees-of-freedom model for static analysis of linear roller bearing subjected to external loading pp.2041-2983, 2018, https://doi.org/10.1177/0954406218792573