- Volume 16 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Effects of Dance Sport Coach's Attractiveness on Basic Psychological Needs and Exercise Adherences Behavioral Intention of Dance Sport Participants
댄스스포츠 지도자 매력성이 참가자의 기본심리욕구와 운동지속 행동의도에 미치는 영향
- Received : 2015.10.27
- Accepted : 2015.11.10
- Published : 2016.01.28
The purpose of this study was to analyze the effects of dance sport coach's attractiveness on basic psychological needs and exercise adherences behavioral intention of dance sports participants. By analysing a total of 306 dance sport participants from 6 sports centers in Daejeon with statistical analysis such as factor analysis, reliability analysis, and multiple regression analysis, this study found the followings. First, the level of dance sport coach's attractiveness has an influence on dance sports participants' basic psychological needs. Second, the level of dance sport coach's attractiveness has an influence on dance sports participants' exercise adherences behavioral intention. Third, dance sports participants' basic psychological needs has an influence on exercise adherences behavioral intention.
Attractiveness;Basic Psychological Needs;Exercise Adherences Behavioral Intention
- Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism, "2009 survey on citizen's sport participation," Seoul: Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism, 2010.
- Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism, "2012 survey on citizen's sport participation," Seoul: Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism, 2013.
- B. S. Kim, K. H. Hong, and R. G. Lee, "The structural analysis on the life satisfaction with dance sports participation's motivation," Korean Journal of Physical Education, Vol.44, No.5, pp.195-204, 2005.
- J. H. Park, The effects of sports leaders' attractiveness on professional identity, service quality satisfaction, and buying behavior, Master's thesis, Keimyung University, 2010.
- H. A. Choi and J. H. Jung, "The effects of sports center instructor' attractiveness on the psychological needs of participants," Korean Journal of Physical Education, Vol.53, No.5, pp.81-92, 2014.
- G. Y. Choi, Comparative study of visual attention during judgement making of facial attractiveness and trustworthiness, Master's thesis, Korea University, 2009.
- E. S. Kim, The concept analysis of psychological characteristics of the perceived interpersonal atractiveness of middle-aged men and women, Doctoral dissertation, Ewha Womans University, 2010.
- T. L. Huston and G. Levinger, "Interpersonal attraction and relationships," Annual review of psychology, Vol.29, No.1, pp.115-156, 1978. https://doi.org/10.1146/annurev.ps.29.020178.000555
- A. Arona and O. G. Lewand, "Psychology of Interpersonal attraction," International Encyclopedia of the social & behavioral sciences, pp.7860-7862, 2001.
- C. Ellegaard and J. Johansen, A. Drejer, "Managing industrial buyer-supplier relations-the case for attractiveness," Integrated Manufacturing Systems, Vol.14, No.4, pp.346-356, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1108/09576060310469725
- M. M. Hovmoller, V. P. Freytag, and S. J. Arlbjorn, "Attractiveness in supply chains: a process and matureness perspective," International Journal of Physical Distribution & Logistics Management, Vol.38, No.10, pp.799-815, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1108/09600030810926501
- S. Y. Roh, "The relationship among objectified body consciousness, self-control and perfectionism of pilates participants," Korean Journal of Sport, Vol.13, No.1, pp.225-237, 2015.
- H. A. Choi, The effects of sports center instructor' attractiveness on the psychological needs of participants, Korea University, Master's dissertation, 2013.
- E. L. Deci and R. M. Ryan, Intrinsic motivation and self determination in human behavior, NY: Plenum Publishing, 1985.
- R. Koestner and G. F. Losier, "Distinguishing three ways of being internally motivated A closer look at introjection, identification, and intrinsic motivation, In E. L. Deci & R. M. Ryan(Eds.), Handbook of Self determination Research," Rochester, NY: University of Rochester Press, 2002.
- R. J. Vallerand, "Toward a hierarchical model of intrinsic and extrinsic motivation, In M. P. Zanna(Ed.), Advanced in experimental social psychology," San Diego, CA: Academic Press, 1997.
- D. S. Park and S. M. Kim, "The relationship among basic psychological need, emotional, and intention of exercise adherence of college student athletes," Journal of Korean Society for the Study of Physical Education, Vol.16, No.1, pp.197-209, 2011.
- R. M. Ryan and E. L. Deci, "Overview of Self-determination theory : An organismic dialectical perspective. In E. L. Deci, & R. M. Ryan(Ed.), Handbook of self-determination research(3-33)," Rochester, NY: University of Rochester Press, 2002.
- B. S. C. Lim and C. K. J. Wang, "Perceived autonomy support, behavioral regulations in physical education and physical activity intention," Psychology of Sport and Exercise, Vol.10, No.1 pp.52-60, 2009 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.psychsport.2008.06.003
- R. M. Ryan and E. L. Deci, "Self-determination theory and the facilitation of intrinsic motivation, social development, and wellbelling," American Psychologists, Vol.55, pp.68-78, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1037/0003-066X.55.1.68
- E. L. Deci and R. M. Ryan, "The "what" and "why" of goal pursuits: Human needs and the self determination of behavior," Psychological Inquiry, Vol.11, pp.227-268, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1207/S15327965PLI1104_01
- D. H. Kim, Effect of dance sports leader's expertise on trust, identification, and teaching efficiency, Master's thesis, Chungnam University, 2013.
- K. S. Jung, Study on the job satisfaction of dance sports leader, Master's thesis, Yongin University, 2003.
- H. J. Kang, Effect of leadership styles of dance sport coaches on the stress of the players, Master's thesis, Korea National Sport University, 2007.
- S. H. Lee, Effect of instructor's transformational leadership in dance sport player's psychological stabilizing and perception of sport performances, Master's thesis, Yongin University, 2014.
- M. Y. Choi, Relationship formation process between elite dance sports leaders and players, Doctoral dissertation, Chungnam University, 2014.
- Y. J. Choi, Relationship among Teaching Style, Participation Effects and Consumer Behavior in Dance Sport, Master's thesis, Dankook University.
- M. R. Kim, "Structure-model verification of yacht participants' motivation, basic psychological need satisfaction and intentions of persistent participation," Journal of Korea Contents Society, Vol.9, No.9, pp.423-431, 2009.
- S. D. Kim, "The relationships between basic psychological needs, sports participation motives, and exercise adherence intention in sports participants in individuals with disabilities," Korean Journal of Adapted Physical Activity, Vol.19, No.2, pp.15-27, 2011.
- A. S. Tan, "Mass communication: Theories and research," NY: John wiley & sons. Inc, 1985.
- M. S. Jung and S. K. Na, "Relationship between professional recognition and service quality of sports instructor' attractiveness," Korean Journal of Sports Science, Vol.20, No.6, pp.841-854, 2011.
- J. K. Park and K. H. Kim, "Development and validation of the basic psychological needs scale for athletes," Korean Society of Sport Psychology, Vol.19, No.4, pp.53-72, 2008.
- M. H. Lee and A. Y. Kim, "Development and construct validation of the basic psychological needs scale for Korean adolescents: Based on the self-determination theory," The Korean Journal of Social and Personality Psychology, Vol.22, No.4, pp.157-174, 2008.
- D. K. Park, A study on the hotel customers in relationship with perceived service quality, perceived value, satisfaction, loyalty, and intention of reusing, Doctoral dissertation, Donga University, 2002.
- M. W. Hong, An effect of emotional reaction by human service and attractiveness of sports center upon behavioral intention, Master's thesis, Keimyung University.
- A. Feingold, "Good looking people are not what we think," Psychological Bulletin, Vol.111, No.2, pp.304-341, 2009.
- J. S. Ok, "Development of new policies and strategies to improve educational preparation, training, and certification system for exercise and sport rehabilitation specialist in Korea," Exercise science, Vol.17, pp.103-123, 2005.
- S. S. Yu, "Strengthening of sport educator's competitiveness through enhancement of teaching expertise," Journal of Sport and Leisure Studies, Vol.20, No.1, pp.153-166.
- Y. K. Jung, "Verification of the relationship model between basic psychological need satisfaction, affects and participation persistence intention among participants in exercise," Journal of Sport and Leisure Studies, Vol.38, No.2, pp.1325-1337.
- Y. K, Cho, The relationship of basic psychological needs satisfaction, affects, and continuous participation intention in ice skating clubbers, Master's thesis, Busan University of Foreign Studies, 2010.
- M. H. Yang, "The relationship between participation motivation for exercise, current of exercise participation and persistence intention in work population", Journal of Korean Society for the Study of Physical Education, Vol.8, No.4, pp.197-215, 2004.
- J. Boothby, M. F. Tungatt, and A. R. Townsend, "Ceasing participation in sports activity: reported reasons and their implications," Journal of Leisure Research, Vol.13, No.1, pp.1-14, 1981. https://doi.org/10.1080/00222216.1981.11969463
- L .M. Wankel, "The importance of enjoyment to adherence and psychological benefits from physical activity," International of Sport Psychology, Vol.24, pp.151-169. 1993.
- M. Gagne, R. M. Ryan, and K. Bargmann, "Autonomy support and need satisfaction in the motivation and well being of gymnasts," Journal of Applied Sport Psychology, Vol.15, pp.372-390, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1080/714044203
- H. J. Seo, "The relationships among physical activity needs, satisfaction of general physical education, and intention to continuance of physical activities in the universities," Journal of Korean Sociology of Sport, Vol.16, No.1, pp.93-109, 2003.