- Volume 14 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Antiproliferative Activity of Convergence of Vegetable Extract in Cancer cells
야채추출물의 융복합적 암세포 증식 억제효과
- Park, Hae-Ran (College of Pharmacy, WooSuk Universty) ;
- Park, Jeong-Sook (Department of Nursing, Nambu University)
- Received : 2015.11.27
- Accepted : 2016.01.20
- Published : 2016.01.28
The present sturdy was designed to determine the effect of the antiproliferation in human cancer cells, using vegetable extract of Radish, Radish leaves, Burdock, Shiitake, Carrot of the ordinary vegetable soup. Human cancer cells identify the cancer cell growth with MTS, using stomach cancer cell line (AGS), human promyelocytic leukemia (HL-60) and lung cancer cell line (A549). Shiitake and Carrot are effective on the cancer cell growth inhibition activities of AGS. Radish leaves, Burdock, Carrot have a significance with HL-60 and Radish, Radish leaves works well in A549. The vegetable extracts which is effective for cancer cell growth inhibition is considered to applicate base line data for using functional materials and for wellness life.
- I.. Goleberg, Functional Foods. Chapman & Hall Press, New York, NY, USA. pp. 350-550, 1994.
- J. G. Sim, J. H. Lee, T. Y. Shin, H. Y. Shin, S. H. Jeong, M. H. Kim, H. J. Ku, J. S. Park, Anti-Inflammatory Effects of Vegetable Soup in Murine Macrophage RAW 264.7 Cells.J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr.,Vol. .39, pp.1097 - 1101, 2010 https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2010.39.8.1097
- O. Sadaki, The development of functional foods and material. Bio-industry, Vol. 13, pp.44-50, 1996.
- M. I. Heinonen, Carotenoids and provitamin A activity of carrot (Daucus carrota L.) cultivars. J Agric Food Chem.., Vol.38, pp. ,609-612, 1990. https://doi.org/10.1021/jf00093a005
- P. W. Simon, Carrots and other horticultural crops as a source of provitamin A carotenes. Hortscience, Vol. 25, No. 12, pp.1495-1499, 1990.
- H. H. Weisburger, Nutritional approach to cancer prevention with emphasis on vitamins, antioxidants and carotenoids. Amer J Clin Nutr., Vol. 53, pp.2265-2375, 1991.
- A. Bendich, Recent advances in clinical research involving carotenoids. Pure Appl Chem.., Vol. 66, pp.1017-1025, 1994. https://doi.org/10.1351/pac199466051017
- H. B. Yim, G. Lee, H. J. Chae, Cytotoxicity of ethanol extract of Raphanuse sativus on human lung cacer cell lines. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr., Vol. 33, pp. 287-290, 2004. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2004.33.2.287
- A. Shimotoyodome, S. Meguro, T. Hase, I. Sakata, Sulfated polysaccharides, but not cellulose, increase colonic mucus in rats with loperamide-induced constipation. Digest Dis Sci., Vol. 46, pp.1482-1489, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1010644021888
- H. Matsuoka, Y. Toda, K. Yoneyama, Y. Uda, Formation of raphanusanius depends on extraction procedure and solvent. Phytochemistry, Vol. 47, pp.957-977, 1998.
- K. Monde, M. Takasugi, A. Shirata, Three sulphur-containing stress metabolites from Japanese radish. Phytochemistry, Vol. 39, pp. 581-586, 1995. https://doi.org/10.1016/0031-9422(95)00011-U
- K. H. Ku, K. A. Lee, Y. L. Kim, Y. W. Lee, Quality characteristics of hot-air dried radish (Raphanus sativus L.) leaves. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr., Vol.34, pp.780-785, 2006.
- M. N. Ghayur, A. H. Gilani, Gastrointestinal stimulatory and uterotonic activities of dietary radish leaves extract are mediated through multiple pathways. Phytother Res., Vol.19, pp.750-755, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1002/ptr.1753
- H. Takeda, S. Kiriyama, Difference between rats and chicks in the protective effect of dietary fiber against amaranth toxicity. Agri Bio Chem., Vol. 55, No. 5, pp.1299, 1991. https://doi.org/10.1271/bbb1961.55.1299
- H. Takeda, S. Kiriyama, Effect of feeding amaranth on the jejunal sucrase and digestion-absorption capacity of the jejunum in rats. J Nutr sci and Vit., Vol. 37, No. 6, pp.611, 1991. https://doi.org/10.3177/jnsv.37.611
- M. H. Park, K. Y. Oh, B. W. Lee, Anti-cancer of Lentinus edodes and Pleurotus astreatus. Korean J Food Sci Technol., Vol. 30, pp.702-708, 1998.
- A. Desai, T. Vyas, M. Amiji, Cyroroxicity and apoptosis enhancement in brain tumor cells upon coadministration of paclitaxel and ceramide in nanoemulsion formulations. J Pharm Sci., Vol. 9, pp.2745-2756, 2008.
- M.J.Bae, Y.J.Ye, Effect of Mycelia Extracts from Lentinus edodes Mushroom-Cultured Lonicera japonica Thunberg on Anticancer and Antiallergy Activities.J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr.,Vol..36 no.4, pp.424 - 430, 2007. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2007.36.4.424
- D. Stephen, Carotenoid-rich vegetables linked to less stomach cancer.Cancer Epidemiology Biomarkers & Prevention, Vol. 15 1998-2001, 2006.
- M. S. Jeong, K. S. Lee, In vitro Biological Activity Assay of Ethanol Extract of Radish. Journal of the Korean Society for Applied Biological Chemistry, Vol. 47, pp.67 - 71, 2004,
- K. H. Ku, K.A. Lee, Y. Y. Kim, Physiological Activity of Extracts from Radish (Raphanus sativus L.) Leaves. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr.,Vol .37, pp.390 - 395, 2008. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2008.37.3.390