- Volume 33 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Empirical Evaluation of Tidal Current Generation System at Ul-Dol-Mok in Jin-do
진도 울돌목 조류발전 시스템 실증 평가
Moon, Seok-Hwan;Park, Byung-Gun;Kim, Ji-Won
- Received : 2015.02.16
- Accepted : 2015.11.30
- Published : 2016.02.01
The empirical evaluation of grid-connected tidal current generation system is presented in this paper. The Ul-dol-mok in Jin-do has been estimated to have tidal power of 1GW. In order to experiment, HAT (Horizontal Axis Turbine) 3-blade and 20kW grid-connected tidal current generation system was established at Ul-dol-mok in Jin-do. To generate power of generator, the speed reference of the PMSG is generated from the Cp curve and TSR (Tip Speed Ratio) of the designed turbine. The control of the converter connected to the grid is controlled to regulate unity power factor. The result showed that the turbine efficiency and system efficiency is 37 % and 31 %. This was achieved that target rate is 30 %, 20 %, respectively.
Tidal current generation system;Permanent magnet synchronous generator;Grid-connected converter;Maximum power point tracking
- Kim, B.-G., Yang, C.-J., and Choi, M.-S., "A Study on the Performance of a 100 kW Class Tidal Current Turbine," Journal of the Korean Society of Marine Environment and Safety, Vol. 18, No. 2, pp. 145-152, 2012. https://doi.org/10.7837/kosomes.2012.18.2.145
- Keyhani, A., Marwali, M. N., and Dai, M., "Integration of Green and Renewable Energy in Electric Power Systems," John Wiley & Sons, 2009.
- Ben, E., S., Benbouzid, M., and Charpentier, J. F., "Marine Tidal Current Electric Power Generation Technology: State of the Art and Current Status," Proc. of the IEEE International Conference on Electric Machines and Drives, pp. 1407-1412, 2007.
- Yi, J.-H., Oh, S.-H., Park, J.-S., Lee, K.-S., and Lee, S.-Y., "Flow-Turbine Interaction CFD Analysis for Performance Evaluation of Vertical Axis Tidal Current Turbines (I)," Journal of Ocean Engineering and Technology, Vol. 27, No. 3, pp. 67-72, 2013.
- Abdullah, M., Yatim, A., and Tan, C.W., "A Study of Maximum Power Point Tracking Algorithms for Wind Energy System," Proc. of the IEEE International Conference on Clean Energy and Technology, pp. 321-326, 2011.
- Siegfried, H., "Grid, Integration of Wind Energy Conversion Systems," John Wiley & Sons, 2nd Ed., 2006.
- Datta, R. and Ranganathan, V., "A Method of Tracking the Peak Power Points for a Variable Speed Wind Energy Conversion System," Energy IEEE Transactions on Conversion, Vol. 18, No. 1, pp. 163-168, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1109/TEC.2002.808346
- Egbert, G. and Ray, R., "Significant Dissipation of Tidal Energy in the Deep Ocean Inferred from Satellite Altimeter Data," Nature, Vol. 405, No. 6788, pp. 775-778, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1038/35015531
- Chinchilla, M., Arnaltes, S., and Burgos, J. C., "Control of Permanent-Magnet Generators Applied to Variable- Speed Wind-Energy Systems Connected to the Grid," IEEE Transactions on Energy Conversion, Vol. 21, No. 1, pp. 130-135, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1109/TEC.2005.853735
- Schiemenz, I. and Stiebler, M., "Control of a Permanent Magnet Synchronous Generator Used in a Variable Speed Wind Energy System," Proc. of the IEEE International Conference on Electric Machines and Drives Conference, pp. 872-877, 2001.
- Miller, A., Muljadi, E., and Zinger, D. S., "A Variable Speed Wind Turbine Power Control," IEEE Transactions on Energy Conversion, Vol. 12, No. 2, 1997.
- Wang, L. and Liu, J.-H., "Dynamic Analysis of a Grid-Connected Marine-Current Power Generation System Connected to a Distribution System," IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, Vol. 25, No. 4, pp. 1798-1805, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPWRS.2010.2045400
- Bahaj, A., Batten, W., and McCann, G., "Experimental Verifications of Numerical Predictions for the Hydrodynamic Performance of Horizontal Axis Marine Current Turbines," Renewable Energy, Vol. 32, No. 15, pp. 2479-2490, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.renene.2007.10.001
Supported by : 국토해양부