- Volume 10 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
The Effect of Dose Distribution under Treatment Techniques on Cerebrospinal Irradiation
뇌 및 척수조사시 치료기법의 변화가 선량분포에 미치는 영향
Lee, Seungchul;Kim, Youngjae
- Received : 2016.01.03
- Accepted : 2016.01.30
- Published : 2016.01.30
This study tries to evaluate the usefulness CSI treatment. Compare the standard technique and simple technique, using the volume region of a high dose of Field joints (hot spot) or low dose regions (cold Spot). In patients who agreed to this study, obtain CT image using CT simulator skull to pelvis region. Standard Technique were performed on the movement of the joint radiation field range and simple technique has set a treatment plan to secure the radiation field range and analyzed treatment planning. Under analysis standard technique occurred the area of the high dose(Hot Spot) for the area overlapping the field and simple technique showing a uniform doses. CI indices of standard technique and simple technique was 1.6~3, 1.6~1.87, CN indices was 0.32~0.53, 0.46~0.51 and HI indices was 0.11~0.33, 0.2~0.26. Therefore, adjacent to part of the dose distribution junction more equally than simple technique compared to the Standard Technique. Compare the dose distribution patterns using CI, CN, HI indices, showed a uniform dose distribution in the simple technique. so, simple technique was determined appropriate treatment the CSI.
CSI;Standard Technique;Simple Technique
- Roger J. Packer, Joel Goldwein, H. Stacy Nicholson, L. Gilbert Vezina, Jeffrey C. Allen, M. Douglas Ris, Karin Muraszko, Lucy B. Rorke, William M. Wara, Bruce H. Cohen and James M. Boyett, "Treatment of children with medulloblastomas with reduced dose craniospinal radiation therapy and adjuvant chemo-the rapy: a Children's Cancer Group Study", Journal of Clinical Oncology No. 17, pp. 2127-2136, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1200/JCO.19188.8.131.527
- Suzanne L. Wolden, Ira J. Dunkel, Mark M. Souweidane, Laura Happersett, Yasmin Khakoo, Karen Schupak, David Lyden and Steven A. Leibel, "Patterns of failure using a conformal radiation therapy tumor bed boost for me-dulloblastoma", Journal of Clinical Oncology, No. 21, pp. 3079-3083, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1200/JCO.2003.11.140
- Thomas E. Merchant, Larry E. Kun, Matthew J. Krasin, Dana Wallace, Murali M. Chintagumpala, Shiao Y. Woo, David M. Ashley, Maree Sexton, Stewart J. Kellie, Verity Ahern, Amar Gajjar, "Multi-institution prospective trial of reduced-dose cranio-spinal irradiation (23.4 Gy) followed by conformal posterior fossa(36 Gy) and primary site irradiation (55.8 Gy) and dose-intensive chemotherapy for average-risk medulloblastoma," International Journal of Radiation Oncology, Biology Physics, No. 70, pp. 782-787, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijrobp.2007.07.2342
- Thomas E Merchant, Chenghong Li, Xiaoping Xiong, Larry E Kun, Frederic A Boop, Robert A Sanford, "A onformal radiotherapy after surgery for paediatric epen-dymoma: a prospective study," Lancet Oncology No. 10, pp. 258-266, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1470-2045(08)70342-5
- Patrick R. M. Thomas, Melvin Deutsch, James L. Kepner, James M. Boyett, Jeffrey Krischer, Patricia Aronin, Leland Albright, Jeffrey C. Allen, Roger J. Packer, Rita Linggood, Raymond Mulhern, James A. Stehbens, James Langston, Philip Stanley, Patricia Duffner, Lucy Rorke, Joel Cherlow, Henry S. Friedman, Jonathan L. Finlay, Teresa J. Vietti and Larry E. Kun, "Low-sta-ge medulloblastoma: final analysis of trial comparing stan-dard-dose with reduced-dose neuraxis irradiation", Journal of Clinical Oncology, No. 18, pp. 3004-3011, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1200/JCO.2000.18.16.3004
- E. Bouffet J.L. Bernard, D. Frappaz, J.C. Gentet, H. Roche, P. Tron, C. Carrie, C. Raybaud, A. Joannard, C. Lapras, M. Choux, M. Carton, L. Aimard, T. Philip, M. Brunat-Mentigny, "M4 protocol for cerebellar medulloblastoma : supratentorial radiotherapy may not be avoided," International Journal of Radiation Oncology, Biology, Physics No. 24, pp. 79-85, 1992.
- William M. Wara, Quynh-Thu X. Le, Penny K. Sneed, David A. Larson, Michael D. Prados, Victor A. Levin, Michael S.B. Edwards, Michael D. Weil, "Pattern of recurrence of medulloblastoma after low-dose craniospinal radiotherapy," International Journal of Radiation Oncology, Biology Physics, No. 30, pp. 551-556, 1994. https://doi.org/10.1016/0360-3016(92)90940-J
- Edward C. Halperin, Louis S. Constine, Nancy J. Tarbell , "Pediatric radiation oncology. 5th ed," Philadelphia: Lippincott Williams & Wil-kins 2011.
- Rajan B1, Ashley S, Gorman C, Jose CC, Horwich A, Bloom HJ, Marsh H, Brada M.Craniopharyngioma: a long-term results following limited surgery and radiotherapy", Radiationtherapy and oncology, No. 26, pp. 1-10, 1993. https://doi.org/10.1016/0167-8140(93)90019-5
- Merchant TE1, Kiehna EN, Kun LE, Mulhern RK, Li C, Xiong X, Boop FA, Sanford RA., "Phase II trial of conformal radiation the-rapy for pediatric patients with craniopharyngioma and corre-lation of surgical factors and radiation dosimetry with change in cognitive function", Journal of Neurosurg 104, 2006.
- Merchant TE1, Kiehna EN, Sanford RA, Mulhern RK, Thompson SJ, Wilson MW, Lustig RH, Kun LE., "Craniopharyngioma: the St. Jude Children's Research Hospital experience 1984-2001", International Journal of Radiation Oncology, Biology, Physics No. 53, pp. 533-542, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0360-3016(02)02799-2
- EC Halperin, LS Constine, NJ Tarbell, LE Kun, "Pediatric radiation oncology. 5th ed", Philadelphia: Lippincott Williams & Wil-kins; 2011.
- Stella Hetelekidis, Patrick D Barnes, May L Tao, Edwin G Fischer, Lindsey Schneider, R.Michael Scott, Nancy J Tarbell, "20-year experience in childhood cranio-pharyngioma", International Journal of Radiation Oncology, Biology, Physics, No. 27, pp. 189-195, 1993.
- MJ Lee. HJ Jung, "The Result of Radiation Therapy of Nasopharyngeal Carcinoma," International Journal of Radiation Oncology, Vol. 21 No. 4, pp. 269-275, 2003.
- Ann J. Mc Cunniff, Mark J. Liang. "Radiation tolerance of the cervical spinal cord," International Journal of Radiation Oncology, Vol. 16, No. 3, pp. 675-678, 1988.
- John C. Probert, Bruce R. Parker, "The effects of radiation therapy on bone growth", Radiology, No. 114, pp. 155-162, 1975. https://doi.org/10.1148/114.1.155
- J H Silber, P S Littman, A T Meadows, "Stature loss following skeletal irradiation for childhood cancer," Journal of Clinical Oncology, No. 8 pp. 304-312, 1990. https://doi.org/10.1200/JCO.19184.108.40.2064
- Margaret A. Tucker, Giulio J. D'Angio, John D. Boice, Jr., Sc.D., Louise C. Strong, Frederick P. Li, Marilyn Stovall, M.S., Betty J. Stone, Daniel M. Green, Fabrizio Lombardi, William Newton, Robert N. Hoover, Joseph F. Fraumeni, Jr,"The Late Effects Study Group. Bone sarcomas linked to radiotherapy and chemotherapy in children," The New England Journal of Medicine, No. 317, pp. 588-593, 1987. https://doi.org/10.1056/NEJM198709033171002
- N.J Tarbell, P Mauch, R.D Gelber, H.J Weinstein, "Sex differences in risk of second malignant tumours after Hodgkin's disease in childhood," Lancet oncology, No. 341, pp. 1428-1432, 1993.