- Volume 10 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Dose Evaluation of the Man Adjacent to an Implanted Patient During the Prostate Cancer Brachytherapy
전립선암의 근접치료 시 이식환자에 근접한 사람의 선량평가
Park, Euntae;Kim, Junghoon
- Received : 2016.01.03
- Accepted : 2016.01.30
- Published : 2016.01.30
This study is fulfilled to evaluate the exposure dose nearby a patient during the brachytherapy of the prostate cancer treatment and to minimize the radiation exposure by evaluating the exposure dose of the person near the relevant implanted patient, technicians and gardians. The experiment method is used on the study is MCNPX that is stood on the basis monte-carlo method and implant the source to MIRD-type phantom in
Prostate cancer;Brachytherapy;MIRD-type phantom;MCNPX
- Ministry of Health & Welfare, "Annual report of cancer statistics in Korea in 2013," Korea, 2015.
- W. Park, S. J. Huh, H. H. Choi, H. M. Lee, S. E. Chai, Y. C. Ahn, D. H. Lim, "Results of Definitive Radiotherapy in the Treatment of Prostate Cancer," The Korean Urological Association, Vol. 46, No. 3, pp. 201-228, 2005.
- S. S. Kang, I. H. Go, G. J. Kim, S. H. Kim, Y. S. Kim, Y. J. Kim, Radiation Therapeutics, third edition, Chung-ku munhwasa, Korea, 2014.
- International Commission on Radiological Protection, "Radiation Safety Aspects of Brachy therapy for Prostate Cancer using Permanently Implanted Sources," ICRP Publication 98, Pergamon Press, Oxford, UK, 2005.
- T. P. Arthur, C. B. John, D. G. Peter, M. R. Sarada, R. Haakon, "Brachy therapy for Prostate Cancer," CA-A Cancer Journal for Clinicians, Vol. 45, pp. 165-178, 1995. https://doi.org/10.3322/canjclin.45.3.165
- S. Saito, T. Momma, T. Dokiya, M. Murai, "Brachytherapy for Prostate Cancer in Japan," International Journal of Urology, Vol. 8, pp. 22-27, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1046/j.1442-2042.2001.00330.x
- M. M. Oh, Y. W. Bahk, E. T. Scott, "Preliminary Report of Clinical Experience of Iodine-125 Seed Implant for Early Prostatic Cancer: The First Case in Korea," The Korean Urological Association, Vol. 42, No. 11, pp. 1235-1240, 2001.
- J. H. Kim, C. S. Lim, J. H. Whang, "Radiation Dose Calculation in the Surrounding Organs during Brachytherapy of Prostate Cancer," The Korean Society of Medical Physics, Vol. 19, No. 3, pp. 172-177, 2008.
- J. K. Park, S. H. LEE, S. Y. Cha, Y. S. Kim, S. Y. Lee, "Availability and Reproducibility Evaluation of High-dose-rate Intraluminal Brachytherapy for Unresectable Recurrent Cholangiocarcinoma," Journal of the Korean Society of Radiology, Vol. 6, No. 2, pp.151-157, 2012. https://doi.org/10.7742/jksr.2012.6.2.151
- F. M. KHAN, The Physics of Radiation Therapy 4/E, Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, 2009.
- LANL, User's manual version 2.5.0, Los Alamos National Laboratory, LA-CP-05-0369, 2005.
- H. L. Fisher, W. S. Snyder, "Distribution of dose in the body from a source of gamma rays distributed uniformly in an organ," Health Physics Division Annual Progress Report for Period Ending July 31, 1967 Report ORNL-4168 (Oak Ridge, TN: Oak Ridge National Laboratory), 1967.
- International Commission on Radiological Protection, "Basic Anatomical and Physiological Data for Use in Radiological Protection Reference Values," A report of ICRP Publication 89, Ann. ICRP 32 (3-4), 2002. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0146-6453(02)00021-0
- International Commission on Radiation Units and Measurements (1992c), "Photon, Electron, Proton and Neutron Interaction Data for Body Tissues," ICRU Report 46 (Bethesda, MD: ICRU), 1992.
- XU XG, "An exponential growth of computational phantom research in radiation protection, imaging, and radiotherapy: a review of the fifty-year history," Physics in Medicine and Biology, Vol. 59, No. 18, pp.R 233-R302, 2014. https://doi.org/10.1088/0031-9155/59/18/R233
- J. S. LEE, "Dose Evaluation Using Mathematical Simulation of Radiation Exposure Body in Mammography System," Journal of the Korean Society of Radiology, Vol. 8, No. 4, pp. 155-161, 2014. https://doi.org/10.7742/jksr.2014.8.4.155
- J. H. Kim, C. S. Kim, J. H. Whang, "Assessment of Radiation Dose for Surrounding Organs and Persons Approaching Implanted Patients upon Brachytherapy of Prostate Cancer with Iridium-192," Radiation Protection Dosimetry, Vol. 141, No. 3, pp. 283-288, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1093/rpd/ncq181
- H. Cember, Introduction to Health Physics, Third edition, McGraw-Hill, New York, 1996.
- International Commission on Radiological Protection, "The 2007 Recommendations of the International Commission on Radiological Protection," ICRP Publication 103, 2007.