- Volume 36 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
A Study on Behaviors of Pile Protective Structures by Simplified Collision Model
간이충돌모델을 이용한 파일형 선박충돌방호공의 충돌거동 연구
- Lee, Gye Hee (Mokpo National Maritme University)
- 이계희 (목포해양대학교 해양.플랜트건설공학과)
- Received : 2015.06.16
- Accepted : 2016.01.07
- Published : 2016.02.01
In this paper, the deformation-energy curves of the plastic hinges and the vessel bow, which are the major energy dissipation mechanism of a pile protective structures, were estimated, and the parametric study was performed by using those curves to apply the simplified collision model which developed in the previous study. Considered parameters were the mass of slab, the number of piles, the mass of vessel and the collision speed. As results, the difference of energy dissipation mechanism of two pile types (filled and non-filled) were revealed, and the collision behaviors of the protective structures could be tuned by the control of the inertia mass of capping slab. Therefore the simplified collision model can be used in a primary design and optimal design.
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- ABAQUS 6.10 User Manual, Simulia, 2010.
- Fan, W., Yuan, W., Yang, Z. and Fan, Q. (2011). "Dynamic demand of bridge structure subjected to vessel impact using simplified interaction model analysis and testing of piles for ship impact defenses." ASCE Journal of Bridge Engineering, ASCE, Vol. 16, No. 1, pp. 117-126. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)BE.1943-5592.0000139
- Larsen, O. D. (1993). Ship Collision with Bridges. The Interaction between Vessel Traffic and Bridge Structures., Structural Engineering Documents 4. IABSE, Zurich, 1993.
- Lee, G. H. (2016). "Development and verification of simplified collision model for pile protective structures." Journal of Korean Society of Coastal and Ocean Engineers (accepted) (in Korean).
- Lee, G. H. and Hong, K. Y. (2011). "A study for the evaluation of ship collision forces for the design of bridge pier I : mean collision force." Journal of Korean Society of Civil Engineers, Vol. 31, No. 3A, pp. 199-206 (in Korean).
- Lee, G. H. and Lee, J. W. (2011). "Study on behavior characteristics of a pile-type vessel collision protective structure." Journal of The Korean Society of Disaster Information, Vol. 7, No. 1, pp. 75-85.
- Patsch, A., Gerbaudo, C. F. and Carlos, A. P. (2002). "Analysis and testing of piles for ship impact defenses." ASCE Journal of Bridge Engineering, ASCE, Vol. 7, No. 4, pp. 236-244. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)1084-0702(2002)7:4(236)
- Zhu, B., Chen, R. P., Guo, F. J., Kong, L. G. and Chen, Y. M. (2012). "Large-Scale modeling and theoretical investigation of lateral collisions on elevated piles." ASCE Journal of Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Engineering, ASCE, Vol. 138, No. 4, pp. 461-471. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)GT.1943-5606.0000623